Author Topic: bloated bellies  (Read 2185 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
bloated bellies
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »
I didnt see a lot of distended abdomins at the Olympia..sure no one had a vacumn but didn't see the usuall protruding bellies...ANyone know how they did it?

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
Re: bloated bellies
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »
You mean you weren't watching the same webcast as I was?

Branch?  Rockel?  ...these are but only two of the guys I noticed the distension on, and that's just a couple.

Sadly, the short-lived era of tight waisted champions (read: Dexter Jackson) is over. 

We're back to the O the way it was, and probably always will be:  Biggest, ripped guy (regardless of SHAPE) wins the Mr O.

That's too bad.  And it's not looking particularly good for Heath either...he's seen the writing on the wall.  I wouldn't be surprised if this fifth place finish will finally push him over the edge and start chasing the mass monsters next year. 

I mean...Branch Warren SECOND at the Olympia?...for the love of God, How?...Why?  He looks just terrible...yes, he's got the legs, yes he was ripped....but for the love of whatever motivates you, people...his OVERALL LOOK is terrible.

How Dex finished behind him is just...sad.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »
Jay always does the vacuum when he hit the front double bis.. that's why you see his "smooth" abs
I am a mini beast

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:37:22 PM »
Jay always does the vacuum when he hit the front double bis.. that's why you see his "smooth" abs

He does try that's for sure, but no one can really suck it in like the old timer guys.

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:39:36 PM »

Branch?  Rockel?  ...these are but only two of the guys I noticed the distension on, and that's just a couple.

Sadly, the short-lived era of tight waisted champions (read: Dexter Jackson) is over. 

We're back to the O the way it was, and probably always will be:  Biggest, ripped guy (regardless of SHAPE) wins the Mr O.

That's too bad.  And it's not looking particularly good for Heath either...he's seen the writing on the wall.  I wouldn't be surprised if this fifth place finish will finally push him over the edge and start chasing the mass monsters next year. 

I mean...Branch Warren SECOND at the Olympia?...for the love of God, How?...Why?  He looks just terrible...yes, he's got the legs, yes he was ripped....but for the love of whatever motivates you, people...his OVERALL LOOK is terrible.

Rockel did not have a huge belly.  I think he looked awsome and would bet his waist was under 34 inches.  I would have liked to see a comparison between him and Dex as well.
Wait for it....

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:50:43 PM »
One of the forum mods was runnin around the parking lot with his tight abs...

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 09:54:02 PM »

It was a big improvement over past years...at least most of the guys kept it sucked in during posing.  

Branch's has a more rough and gritty appeal and image. HE doesnt have a long lean flow to his body. So he took another approach in creating it and presenting it. Whatever look an athlete is going for, as long as they execute it 100 %, not half and half, it will be aesthetic and pure.

It would be silly to only accept one type of aesthetic as being ideal...not to mention boring.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »
He does try that's for sure, but no one can really suck it in like the old timer guys.

drugs forbid

;D ;D
I am a mini beast

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
drugs forbid

;D ;D

yea I know its drugs, but I still dont know what is actually physically causing it...enlarged organs or visceral fat, or both?

why doesnt anyone really know?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 10:00:25 PM »

Branch?  Rockel?  ...these are but only two of the guys I noticed the distension on, and that's just a couple.

We're back to the O the way it was, and probably always will be:  Biggest, ripped guy (regardless of SHAPE) wins the Mr O.

That's too bad.  And it's not looking particularly good for Heath either...he's seen the writing on the wall.  I wouldn't be surprised if this fifth place finish will finally push him over the edge and start chasing the mass monsters next year.  

I mean...Branch Warren SECOND at the Olympia?...for the love of God, How?...Why?  He looks just terrible...yes, he's got the legs, yes he was ripped....but for the love of whatever motivates you, people...his OVERALL LOOK is terrible.

you mean you like twink ass stomachs?  Get with the big bois, grrrr
TEAM Nasser

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »
It was a big improvement over past years...at least most of the guys kept it sucked in during posing.  

Branch's has a more rough and gritty appeal and image. HE doesnt have a long lean flow to his body. So he took another approach in creating it and presenting it. Whatever look an athlete is going for, as long as they execute it 100 %, not half and half, it will be aesthetic and pure.

It would be silly to only accept one type of aesthetic as being ideal...not to mention boring.

I see your point, even though it's not what I would consider a champion physique.  It seems over the years you have one type of look winning over the other, and while the whole apples and oranges thing is tough to call, I still say I prefer the classic look over the freaking mutant-like look of Branch.  Your logic makes sense, though.  Makes me wonder what it would have been like had Jay not shown up looking the way he did...Branch beating out Dex, IMO, was just the wrong call.  I didn't watch the prejudging though, so I can't say if he blew it during that round.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »

QFT. Branch is huge, and his legs are retarded, but IMO he didn't look all that great to me.  His back and arms are terrible.

Him placing above Dex and Kai was the joke of the show

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 02:08:04 AM »
compare Branch's bdb with dex's

what now ??

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 02:39:02 AM »
Rockel did not have a huge belly.  I think he looked awsome and would bet his waist was under 34 inches.  I would have liked to see a comparison between him and Dex as well.

Are you blind or just plain thick? watch his posing routine. Belly big.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 06:46:31 AM »
I didnt see a lot of distended abdomins at the Olympia..sure no one had a vacumn but didn't see the usuall protruding bellies...ANyone know how they did it?
Less HGH/slin/IGF-1 abuse.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 06:55:54 AM »

I feel sorry for those who cannot see the difference

by the way : this is how a bodybuilder should look in this pose

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 06:58:44 AM »
and for the morons who been bodybuilding for less than 10 years, here's what a real bodybuilder should look like

yes it is real not photoshopped

it's called bodybuilding muthafukka!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 07:19:33 AM »
and for the morons who been bodybuilding for less than 10 years, here's what a real bodybuilder should look like

Absolutely 8)
You Can't Do It!!!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »

cute purse

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:59 AM »

Exactly. Nice pics there.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 12:12:51 PM »
One of the forum mods was runnin around the parking lot with his tight abs...

arnold better get back on the juice quick.
F

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »
 ;)