Author Topic: Chick's Olympia Thread  (Read 33108 times)

Neptune100

• Getbig III
Re: Chick's Olympia Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
In your opinion Chick, who looked the best from the back, and why?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
Bob, how close are you with Wolf?  As the athletes rep have you thought about contacting him and seeing if there's anything you can help him with or is that something where you'd wait for him to contact you?  He seriously needs to reevaluate his gameplan.  Staying over in Germany and using Chad's vodoo for his contest prep hasn't worked for 2 years now.  It would be shame for him to waste all that potential he has.  It would be good for the sport to see him competing at this best.  Wolf and Heath both at their best would be a great thing for the sport as whole.  Heath has had Jay to sort of mentor him and it's clearly worked.  Maybe Dennis needs someone like that to guide him.   Have you thought about talking to him or maybe just offering him some of your veteran's advice?

I'm here for any athlete to contact, or for advices....If Dennis were to ask my opinion, I'd be more than happy to offer it...I generally dont give it unsolicited when it concerns their business

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »
In your opinion Chick, who looked the best from the back, and why?

I would go with Jay based on size/ thickness and detail

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Re: CHICK'S OLYMPIA THREAD
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »
Lol.

The focus will ALWAYS be on the Nr 1.

If they say Nr 2  before the first place, people with still cheer to the one that got first place Right away, even when the second one is reciving his award.

So this way it alot better.

Well maybe normally.  But there are more threads right and more talk about Branch getting second and beating Dex than about Jay winning again...

I'm just saying the guy didn't even get a victory photo with an oversized check and an uninterested fake hottie standing next to him. 
just not good enough

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »
Yes, a case can be made..he carries as much muscle as anyone on the stage and was ripped to the bone.  That said...it was only a 1 POINT decision, could have easily gone the other way.
What about his bicep implants?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »
What about his bicep implants?

Lets hope you're trying to be funny

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »
Lets hope you're trying to be funny
No I am serious, he's got something foreign in there.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »
Thanks I missed the Finals   what was Dex's exprestion when recieving 3rd place?
((-::

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
Awesome...his best presentation to date.  If he had a better back, he could even place higher. Could be a guy to take a few titles should he compete more on the circuit.
Chick,

During the Pre-Judging Dan and Larry were doing the color commentating, would you agree? Yes. Okay. So when Ronny Rockell was out one of them were saying while the other agreed that...

"If Ronny were more popular with the U.S. fans, had more of a presence in the states, spoke better English then he would place higher.."

My question is what does that have to do with anything?

- Block!
?

Stavios

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »
Wolf...because of HIS conditioning, not the judging.

Melvin/ Silvio...because of the judging

classic  ::)

tell them to shut the fuck up Bob, it would be a good advice

lmao, Melvin who brags about dieting with hot dogs than bitch about his placing

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
Bob, do you think Dexter will retire or maybe do the Arnold and retire?

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »
chick, let me start by saying I sincerely respect your knowledge and achivements and insight into Bodybuilding-

However, for the sake of clarity, it should be mentioned that the 2-3% bf you speak of in competition shape is not physically possible. Let me explain... before I sound like some armchair lifter who's never competed: Calipers and some bodyfat testing procedures WILL in fact show 2-3% BF for comp. pro bodybuilders, but the actual bodyfat is higher than that.. by a few percentages. Muscle itself is not 100% lean, but also contains some fat. I do not know the exact numbers, but I do believe it may be around 1 maybe closer to 2% of a muscle that's fat. This is fat inside the muscle, and is not dieted away for competition, as it's a natural part of muscle. Given that the human body itself is a somewhat "fat" organism/animal, NO human will reach such a low bodyfat percentage without dying or being very, very close to death, and such a person would not hold muscle. In fact, the most accurate testings to test BF% show that pro BBers are 5-6%+.

just wanted to put that out there. Thanks for the thread & info and for answering questions.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
No I am serious, he's got something foreign in there.

LOL...OK....like a wrench or something?

Stavios

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
Bix, this must be the 100th time you said Branch has implants the last few days

show the proof or drop it !

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »
Foriegn?   .......like a Mexican? ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
chick, let me start by saying I sincerely respect your knowledge and achivements and insight into Bodybuilding-

However, for the sake of clarity, it should be mentioned that the 2-3% bf you speak of in competition shape is not physically possible. Let me explain... before I sound like some armchair lifter who's never competed: Calipers and some bodyfat testing procedures WILL in fact show 2-3% BF for comp. pro bodybuilders, but the actual bodyfat is higher than that.. by a few percentages. Muscle itself is not 100% lean, but also contains some fat. I do not know the exact numbers, but I do believe it may be around 1 maybe closer to 2% of a muscle that's fat. This is fat inside the muscle, and is not dieted away for competition, as it's a natural part of muscle. Given that the human body itself is a somewhat "fat" organism/animal, NO human will reach such a low bodyfat percentage without dying or being very, very close to death, and such a person would not hold muscle. In fact, the most accurate testings to test BF% show that pro BBers are 5-6%+.

just wanted to put that out there. Thanks for the thread & info and for answering questions.

OK...whatever...5%

the point is still the same, bro

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
Bix, this must be the 100th time you said Branch has implants the last few days

show the proof or drop it !

I've already pointed it out ,directing all to a certain time period in a certain video.

Albert Schmidt

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »
Chick can you answer Blocks question.Also Dan was talking about how Only in Australia can a guy Mike Kaffa get a gift Pro card and not be able to win an amateur show Yet here he is on the Olympia stage.Dan is the Man telling it like it is.So what do you think of this Joke???

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »
I've already pointed it out ,directing all to a certain time period in a certain video.
you are just stupid as hell

there is nothing in there..

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
Chick can you answer Blocks question.Also Dan was talking about how Only in Australia can a guy Mike Kaffa get a gift Pro card and not be able to win an amateur show Yet here he is on the Olympia stage.Dan is the Man telling it like it is.So what do you think of this Joke???

Godfather/Miss Karen/Switzer/Albert.
Throughout all of your personalities you have been like a dog with a bone about Michael.
What do you have against Mike, he qualified. He got in great condition and did himself proud. You need to let this go and work on some new material. FFS

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
you are just stupid as hell

there is nothing in there..

look at 2:58 and tell me there is nothing strange going on with his right bicep  ::)

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2339/225/

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »
Hey Bob, congrats to you and all involved in the presentation of this years O. You were at your best and the webcast was awesome.
This is a great thread, we appreciate all of your answers and your take on the show. I thought Dexter was second as well. Hope he bounces back from this. TD

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »
Hey Bob, congrats to you and all involved in the presentation of this years O. You were at your best and the webcast was awesome.
This is a great thread, we appreciate all of your answers and your take on the show. I thought Dexter was second as well. Hope he bounces back from this. TD
Dex has no calfs, he should be placed last.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2009, 04:17:48 PM »
look at 2:58 and tell me there is nothing strange going on with his right bicep  ::)

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/2339/225/

The link you provide does show something odd, to me. But you have to remember that Branch tore his biceps, triceps and I think something else over the past 3-4 years. Branch also never said which side any of these tears occurred on- because he didn't want a judge to automatically look for it, and mark his score down instantaneously.
I think what you see in the above link, is not "something foreign" inside his arm. It's more likely the tear that occurred. If it was something inside the muscle (oil, implant, wrench or your IQ), you would probably see it all the time from any and all angles. And I'm only seeing it when the muscle is stressed in that one angle. Again, if it were something odd, you could probably provide more than just that one link at a particular time. :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
Bob. I haven't had an opportunity to read all of this but I just want to say that you and Dan did one hell of a fine job at the Press Conference. In fact I enjoyed it more so than the contest itself. Ditto for your MC efforts......

Can you tell us how many paying 'customers' attended each of the following events?

Press Conference on Thursday _______________

Meet the Olympians on Thursday eve _______________

Friday Expo _________________

Friday evening prejudging _____________________

Saturday Expo ______________________

Saturday evening finals _________________

and Sunday's seminar _________________

I would assume that those figures are not available yet or may be considered privledged information but if that is so, how do you think the turnout was this year compared to the past few years.

And .... has a Orleans reservation for next year's Olympia been made yet?

Thanks, Bob ......

Stunt