Author Topic: Former WWE "talent" returning  (Read 3259 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Former WWE "talent" returning
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:23:44 PM »
"It was reported last week that Vickie Guerrero would making a one-time appearance for this week's "Decade of SmackDown" anniversary special. However, it's since been indicated that she's actually returning to the company in a full-time role.

She appeared at last night's SmackDown taping with a "new boyfriend" in tow by the name of Eric. He is actually WWE developmental wrestler Eric Escobar, who has worked numerous non-televised matches in the past year for the company but unable to find a spot on the main roster until now. The former General Manager of SmackDown is returning to the company to manage him.

Guerrero departed from the company this past June, reportedly in order to spend more time with her children at home. "

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/256343050.php

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Former WWE "talent" returning
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »
That's interesting news, I wonder how the fans will react to her?  As annoying as she was, it was kinda fun having her around, and she never complained at some of the stick she got in promo's.

Wasn't there some issues over her pay last time?  I read somewhere that some of the wrestlers were annoyed that WWE were paying her $500 a week (?)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:42:09 PM »
I read somewhere that some of the wrestlers were annoyed that WWE were paying her $500 a week (?)

Really?
That's only $26,000/yr. ???

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »
I don't know the politics of wrestling? I sit on the couch and watch it. I say welcome back Vicki. She has the potential to create her own stable. Big time potential.
Agree 100%. I'm glad she's back. Apparently the guy she is managing has great potential. He'll have instant reactions just being associated with her.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 08:45:14 PM »
Bring back Chyna!
Almost always, yes.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 03:29:05 AM »
Really?
That's only $26,000/yr. ???

Yeah I know, If I remember right, the guys backstage weren't happy that they were paying her such a small sum when she was on the road with them, had a family to support, etc. 

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 04:34:11 AM »
Wow that is shitty pay. :o

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 04:50:31 AM »
I don't know if I believe that salary figure for her.  She couldn't even afford to travel for that, which I assume the wrestlers still pay their own airfare, hotels, etc...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 04:52:20 AM »
Found it:

Source PWInsider.com

The word going around the locker room is that Vickie Guerrero was only being paid $500 per appearance by WWE. On top of that, she had to cover her own hotel and road expenses.

Typically, talent on the main roster net a $75,000 downside guarantee at the very least, so her salary was drastically below even the lowest paid main roster performers in the company.

Some wrestlers are understandably fired up over this rumor, as the feeling is that the company could have done more to take care of a person who was such an integral part of WWE.

Although, it's worth noting that WWE paid for Eddie Guerrero's funeral and likely did more to help out Vickie financially than the locker room is aware of.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 05:07:45 AM »
I can't stand that voice of hers...."Excuse me"! UGH!!!!!!

I loved it when the undertaker tombstoned her and left her lying in the middle of the ring like a pretzel.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 10:57:44 AM »

I loved it when the undertaker tombstoned her and left her lying in the middle of the ring like a pretzel.

Haha, that was funny.  She must have had one of the loudest audience reactions in years.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »
Found it:

Source PWInsider.com

The word going around the locker room is that Vickie Guerrero was only being paid $500 per appearance by WWE. On top of that, she had to cover her own hotel and road expenses.

Typically, talent on the main roster net a $75,000 downside guarantee at the very least, so her salary was drastically below even the lowest paid main roster performers in the company.

Some wrestlers are understandably fired up over this rumor, as the feeling is that the company could have done more to take care of a person who was such an integral part of WWE.

Although, it's worth noting that WWE paid for Eddie Guerrero's funeral and likely did more to help out Vickie financially than the locker room is aware of.

Those guys should read the dirt-sheets.

Internet wrestling sites not only know what goes on in the WWE locker room, but apparently they also know things to which even the locker room isn’t privy!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »
Don't believe it for a second. Why would she only accept $500 a week? Surely, she can't be that stupid. With all of the TV time she was getting(and probably knew about in advance before it was written into the script.), why would she work for such low money? As a favor to Mcmahon for paying for Eddie's funeral expenses?

That was a drop in the bucket for Mcmahon, money-wise. Sure it's a great favor to the Guerrero's family but not enough to leverage negotiating that kind of money to pay her. She's has to raise a family as a widow nowadays and she can't work for practically nothing.

Not a chance. There's been a lot of WWE rumors that didn't end up being true and this is one of them.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:45 PM »
Those guys should read the dirt-sheets.

Internet wrestling sites not only know what goes on in the WWE locker room, but apparently they also know things to which even the locker room isn’t privy!

;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
Most getbiggers make more in an hour than she makes in a week.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 12:58:32 PM »

she was annoying but really could draw heat with just her appearance and in the heel business thats the name of the game. her catch phrase will live forever.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
                     she was annoying but really could draw heat with just her appearance and in the heel business thats the name of the game. her catch phrase will live forever.
They were gonna lynch her when I went to the Raw/Smackdown/ECW supershow (which was Raw televised) last year.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »
They were gonna lynch her when I went to the Raw/Smackdown/ECW supershow (which was Raw televised) last year.
                              that's what i'm talking about she drew max heat without even having to wrestle. the guy who drew the most heat at one time ever was the franchise shane douglas in ecw he had broken one of the pitbulls necks, the guy was wearing a halo and he came out and douglas grabbed him by the halo and started shaking him around. the fans started attacking him they had to bring the cops and security to get him out of the building in one piece.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
                             that's what i'm talking about she drew max heat without even having to wrestle. the guy who drew the most heat at one time ever was the franchise shane douglas in ecw he had broken one of the pitbulls necks, the guy was wearing a halo and he came out and douglas grabbed him by the halo and started shaking him around. the fans started attacking him they had to bring the cops and security to get him out of the building in one piece.

I've always felt that Shane was underrated, and would've gone farther had he not burnt so many bridges.
He's a hell of a nice guy, to boot - if you judge others by how they treat you.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 04:33:18 AM »
Most getbiggers make more in an hour than she makes in a week.
Lol...very true.