Author Topic: 47% will pay no federal income tax  (Read 1488 times)

James

47% will pay no federal income tax
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:03:53 AM »
But they do vote!

Does anyone else see the problem?

47% pay no taxes, but have an equal vote that says how much the other 53% have to pay in supporting them

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/30/pf/taxes/who_pays_taxes/index.htm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 47% will pay no federal income tax
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:17 AM »
The 53% make some good money from the stocks they own when the other 47% spend.

So maybe a 15% tax on everything we buy wuld solve all the probs?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:11:28 AM »
so people who dont pay income tax should not be able to vote eh?

good stuff.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 06:13:28 AM »
so people who dont pay income tax should not be able to vote eh?

good stuff.

No representation without taxation! 

People who pay no taxes are always going to vote for the guy who promises more free stuff from the taxpayers. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 06:15:48 AM »
No representation without taxation! 

im pretty sure we're taxed to shit here in ny already

sales tax is fucking 9 percent

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 06:26:50 AM »
im pretty sure we're taxed to shit here in ny already

sales tax is fucking 9 percent

No kidding, I live in Westchester and we are officially the highest taxed county in the nation now!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:11:20 AM »
But they do vote!

Does anyone else see the problem?

47% pay no taxes, but have an equal vote that says how much the other 53% have to pay in supporting them

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/30/pf/taxes/who_pays_taxes/index.htm

I think I have the answer - appoint a military dictator, invade other countries and then steal their resources, remove citizens rights and protections, make the rich richer and call anyone who opposes you unamerican.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
This is a real problem...everyone that earns above the poverty level should pay kind of some tax.  Maybe not a lot but some.  Then they have skin in the game when it comes to decisions on taxation and gov spending.
Thats bullshit.  People that work and own a home get f-cked, even worse if you also own a business.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 02:45:32 PM »
what happened to all the libertarians who didn't believe in over taxing? Shouldn't you all be singing the praises of those who haven't paid? Isn't that what you all want to become?

Or is it you feel everyone should contribute to society in the form of taxes?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »
what happened to all the libertarians who didn't believe in over taxing? Shouldn't you all be singing the praises of those who haven't paid? Isn't that what you all want to become?

Or is it you feel everyone should contribute to society in the form of taxes?

Everyone who earns income should pay something. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:06 PM »
Everyone who earns income should pay something. 

That is what i believe but aren't you part of the chorus who champion no taxes?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
That is what i believe but aren't you part of the chorus who champion no taxes?

No, I want as low taxes as possible spread out as wide as possible and as shallow as possible. 

James

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »
No, I want as low taxes as possible spread out as wide as possible and as shallow as possible. 

agree.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:31:48 PM »
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. "

Alexander Tytler
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

James

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 06:15:34 AM »
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. "

Alexander Tytler

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 07:29:24 AM »

Amen. The key to getting a lot of tax revenue is to have a low rate and a wide base.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »
Yeah, I believe taxes are needed but only necessary taxation.  We have allowed our government to spend way more than it was ever intended.  These guys, on both sides of the isle, have little fiscal responsibility.  The democrats are probably worse in general but look at spending under Bush.  Taxation should be capped.  We need to limit the amount of $ the government can spend since they cannot limit themselves.

Taxes began as a way to fund things like infrastructure, protection of the nation, services to veterans, temporary assistance for those who fell on hard times, a net for old retired citizens who paid their dues, police/fire/emergency services, etc.  Then the expanded government in many directions and we are funding shit that the gov was never intended to fund.  The amount of aid we give to other countries is appauling when people are starving here and real unemployment is 10-17%.  The amount of defence spending is outrageous, entitlement spending out of hand...pet projects, pork, the U.N., the list goes on and on

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 02:42:35 PM »

Amen. The key to getting a lot of tax revenue is to have a low rate and a wide base.

The stooges around here don't grasp basic economics and instead choose to hurl insults like romper room kids when they lose a debate on the merits. 

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
Where does this hysteria come from?

It can't be based in reality.

Why are Americans so hysterical about "the poor" getting too much? Hysterical about "the poor" having things too easy? Hysterical about the "the poor" receiving handouts?

Hate to be the bringer of facts... but you guys need to check your definitions.

It's "THE RICH" who have too much. It's "THE RICH" who have things too easy. It's "THE RICH" who receive the handouts.

How can you guys be so delusional as to believe the poor have too much and the rich too little?

The Luke

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 06:50:36 PM »
Where does this hysteria come from?

It can't be based in reality.

Why are Americans so hysterical about "the poor" getting too much? Hysterical about "the poor" having things too easy? Hysterical about the "the poor" receiving handouts?

Hate to be the bringer of facts... but you guys need to check your definitions.

It's "THE RICH" who have too much. It's "THE RICH" who have things too easy. It's "THE RICH" who receive the handouts.

How can you guys be so delusional as to believe the poor have too much and the rich too little?

The Luke

No one is saying that the poor are getting "too much". We're talking about paying taxes. We want the poor to succeed. They cant achieve that by the rich being punished. The rich supplys thier income through thier spending and investing. Why do you say that the rich have too much? They cant get rich unless they produced enough to get rich.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
disgusting thread

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
No one is saying that the poor are getting "too much". We're talking about paying taxes. We want the poor to succeed. They cant achieve that by the rich being punished. The rich supplys thier income through thier spending and investing. Why do you say that the rich have too much? They cant get rich unless they produced enough to get rich.

..totally delusional.

The Luke

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
Luke your so fucking stupid it makes me sick to my stomach.

First of all politicians don't give a shit about the poor, the want to keep them poor, so they are dependant on government ( tax payer ) hand outs. That way they will all ways vote for the jerk off who is going to promise them the most "free stuff" from the government (tax payer).
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 09:02:28 PM »
Luke your so fucking stupid it makes me sick to my stomach.

First of all politicians don't give a shit about the poor, the want to keep them poor, so they are dependant on government ( tax payer ) hand outs. That way they will all ways vote for the jerk off who is going to promise them the most "free stuff" from the government (tax payer).

...I think you'll find that the rich own the political system, not the poor.

So, if politicians keep the poor poor as yo contend, by your reasoning the rich are the cause of poverty... which was MY point.

Logic strikes again.

The Luke

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 05:39:11 AM »
...I think you'll find that the rich own the political system, not the poor.

So, if politicians keep the poor poor as yo contend, by your reasoning the rich are the cause of poverty... which was MY point.

Logic strikes again.

The Luke

I see you are prepared to take another beating Luke?