Author Topic: Paranoid or Prepared?  (Read 3877 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Paranoid or Prepared?
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:49:20 PM »
When you have to go to the bathroom in a public restroom stall and have to hang your purse/shopping purchases/carryon bag etc. on the hook on the back of the door or on the shelf because you don't want them to touch the floor, are you constantly thinking if someone's arm came over the top to grab your belongings you'd grab her arm and twist/punch/wrestle them to prevent them from robbing you?

Or if you are walking outside at night or in a strange town are you ready to smash a stranger in the face w/your elbow if they happened to lunge at you?  ETC?

Is this being paranoid or being prepared?
R

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Paranoid or Prepared?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:14:12 PM »

The 1st example= paranoia.

2nd= being prepared....

....unless you're in the middle of a ritzy neighborhood and there's no way in hell you're to be mugged by Biff and Mimsy.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
prepared.  but then again i conceal carry too, lol

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »
When you have to go to the bathroom in a public restroom stall and have to hang your purse/shopping purchases/carryon bag etc. on the hook on the back of the door or on the shelf because you don't want them to touch the floor, are you constantly thinking if someone's arm came over the top to grab your belongings you'd grab her arm and twist/punch/wrestle them to prevent them from robbing you?

Or if you are walking outside at night or in a strange town are you ready to smash a stranger in the face w/your elbow if they happened to lunge at you?  ETC?

Is this being paranoid or being prepared?

Whatever it is, I'm right there with ya  :D
:

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:04:15 PM »
Paranoid only occurs when then actions affect your daily life.

If you still go to the washroom but yet wonder about bad things happening that isn't paranoid.
If you are afraid and wait until you get home, that is paranoid.

Same thing with walking down the street, if you can do it, you haven't reached paranoid yet.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »

do you place your glock in your pants, or on the Tp holder, when you have to sit in a public restroom?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:31 PM »
garebear that pic is quite possibly the best getbig pic in recent history

and to answer your question stella

being prepared requires being paranoid in this day in age...as sad as that is

I would have never thought about the stall/purse thing but I walk about a mile or so in downtown houston 4 nights a week at around 10 p.m. through not the best area best advice I could give is not to look away make sure to look them dead in the eye so they know you see them.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
there's no way in hell you're to be mugged by Biff and Mimsy.

Maybe they get their butler to do it ???

:)

Whatever it is, I'm right there with ya  :D
Thank you for that assurance!!

Paranoid only occurs when then actions affect your daily life.

If you still go to the washroom but yet wonder about bad things happening that isn't paranoid.
If you are afraid and wait until you get home, that is paranoid.

Same thing with walking down the street, if you can do it, you haven't reached paranoid yet.

good post!

;D

do you place your glock in your pants, or on the Tp holder, when you have to sit in a public restroom?

"sit in a public restroom"    :P

advice I could give is not to look away make sure to look them dead in the eye so they know you see them.

Yes, I have done this trying to look frightening while mumbling under my breath.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
i make a TP bed and place my glock on it and on top of the TP holder.  I do the same for my ruger and taurus.  Hell I have my AR-15 laying on the couch at the moment.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 03:45:50 PM »
I have thought of someone reaching over the door before.  I don't think they could heave my purse over the door that easily though.    :D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »
Don'tcha just hate it when there's no hook  >:(
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
Don'tcha just hate it when there's no hook  >:(

sticky dirty floors

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 08:56:01 PM »
i make a TP bed and place my glock on it and on top of the TP holder.  I do the same for my ruger and taurus.  Hell I have my AR-15 laying on the couch at the moment.
dude, looking around my room right now

1911's x2 on the computer desk (working on them as i read getbig)
ar15x2 to my left leaning against the wall, one is just my throw around bushmaster carbine, the other is my noveske arms masterpiece 8)
2 custom built sniper rifles to the right of me
53-60 assorted firearms and swat gear in the closet to my rear right
8000-10000 rounds of assorted ammo behind me
1 leupold mark 4 lrt, 1 S&B pms, 2 nightforce nxs.....that is about $8000-$10,000 worth of scopes

yeah i have a room just for my guns and reloading ;D

i also have a short barreled AR10 in my room, with my custom glock 23 on my night stand with my streamlight TLR1 tac light attached to it.

bench

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »

ar15x2 to my left leaning against the wall, one is just my throw around bushmaster carbine, the other is my noveske arms masterpiece 8)
1 leupold mark 4 lrt, 1 S&B pms, 2 nightforce nxs.....that is about $8000-$10,000 worth of scopes

i also have a short barreled AR10 in my room, with my custom glock 23 on my night stand with my streamlight TLR1 tac light attached to it.

bench

:'(

I love you man!

Yeah i have my rugar 9mm by my bed, rossi 357 on the back doorknob, my taurus .45 in my desk, 2 sks's, benelli 12 gauge, .22 plinking rifle and my 308 in the hall closet, then my glock in the car.  Trying to get some optics for my ar-15.  Looking to see about a parts list to make one.  also thikning about getting a shorter tactiacl shotfun and a smaller cary gun.  Thinking about a bullpup too

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »
:'(

I love you man!

Yeah i have my rugar 9mm by my bed, rossi 357 on the back doorknob, my taurus .45 in my desk, 2 sks's, benelli 12 gauge, .22 plinking rifle and my 308 in the hall closet, then my glock in the car.  Trying to get some optics for my ar-15.  Looking to see about a parts list to make one.  also thikning about getting a shorter tactiacl shotfun and a smaller cary gun.  Thinking about a bullpup too
if you or anyone else ever need advice on fire arms and such give me a pm or just post it here.....as for your ar tell me what your goals are for it, and i will tell you what you need.

as for me i am signing off for tonight so i can re-barrel my friends sniper rifle, and get it broken in before our contest this weekend.

bench

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 10:51:48 PM »

bench

Guess the movie quote!!!

"Billy, we gotta talk!"

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 04:19:43 PM »
Guess the movie quote!!!

"Billy, we gotta talk!"

Beverly Hills Cop

I was three when this movie came out.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
if you or anyone else ever need advice on fire arms and such give me a pm or just post it here.....as for your ar tell me what your goals are for it, and i will tell you what you need.

as for me i am signing off for tonight so i can re-barrel my friends sniper rifle, and get it broken in before our contest this weekend.

bench

basically looking for a good optic.  might put on a tactical forearm pistol grip or add one to the mag well.  I was wanting to build one or perhaps an ar10.  I really would love to get a nioce sniper rifle or build it.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 11:19:29 PM »
basically looking for a good optic.  might put on a tactical forearm pistol grip or add one to the mag well.  I was wanting to build one or perhaps an ar10.  I really would love to get a nioce sniper rifle or build it.
either rout you choose let me know. i have built over 100 Ar's, and countless sniper rifles. So I'm sure i could steer you in the right direction.

bench

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »
9mm smith and wesson is a pain in the ass to take apart, so i would just take it to some one to clean if you are not sure about it.

as far as practice goes, any weapon that you may have to use to protect your life MUST be practiced with. just remember, it only take a blink of an eye for shit to go very wrong.

bench

My motto is practice with whatever gun you are most likely to use.  I've taken apart S&W's and hated it.  I also have taken some cz knockoffs and they can be a pain too.  My taurus and glock are easy.  My ruger is very easy too.  I'd clean it for ya but i'm too far away.  Not sure how much they charge you but around here the gun range will do it for about $15.  I clean mine after firing.  Plus i will do touch ups and lubes in between.  Weird that your cartridges were hitting your waistband though.  You trying some gun slinging draws there? lol

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
should pop out from the side.  unless your hand twists and ejects up.  Also it could be that the casing bounced off the side wall and landed there.  They are hot though.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »
should pop out from the side.  unless your hand twists and ejects up.  Also it could be that the casing bounced off the side wall and landed there.  They are hot though.
when i was doing security detail in Iraq we came under fire, our uniforms were black polo shirts, with khaki colored bdu's. i was firing my m4 for suppressive fire, and every single shell casing that i shot bounced off the wall next to me and came back and a lot of them managed their way into my shirt. i didn't even notice it until after our protectee was delivered. when i took off my shirt later i had all of these scabby little burns all over me from the shells, they kinda looked like herpes ;D

bench

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »
Beverly Hills Cop

I was three when this movie came out.

Bingo! Apparently you have a great memory...and lenient parents to let you watch that movie at such a young age! :P

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

bench