Author Topic: For $503 A Year, Members of Congress Have A Top-Notch Hospital On Call In The Ca  (Read 2695 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

lawmakers receive top-notch, wait-free care, and money is largely no object. Members pay a flat annual fee of $503, and it covers all expenses  without submitting claim forms to their insurer. Despite soaring costs throughout the health care system, prices have been largely stagnant in the Office of the Attending Physician for 17 years.
Keep this in mind the next time you hear a member of Congress complaining about the nightmares of government-run, taxpayer-subsidized health care.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
So you think that the average American is going to get the same health care as congress? 535 people vs 300,000,000  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
my point is when you hear Congress complaining about the nightmares of government-run, taxpayer-subsidized health care.remember thats what they have

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
my point is when you hear Congress complaining about the nightmares of government-run, taxpayer-subsidized health care.remember thats what they have

That is why they should not get special insurance and should have to live under anything they pass.  If its good enough for me, its good enough for them.

They work for us, not the other way around.  Its about time they got that message.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That is why they should not get special insurance and should have to live under anything they pass.  If its good enough for me, its good enough for them.

They work for us, not the other way around.  Its about time they got that message.

well their living under what they "the repubs don't what to pass"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
well their living under what they "the repubs don't what to pass"

The dems excluded themselves from this too. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V

lawmakers receive top-notch, wait-free care, and money is largely no object. Members pay a flat annual fee of $503, and it covers all expenses  without submitting claim forms to their insurer. Despite soaring costs throughout the health care system, prices have been largely stagnant in the Office of the Attending Physician for 17 years.
Keep this in mind the next time you hear a member of Congress complaining about the nightmares of government-run, taxpayer-subsidized health care.

BULLSHIT.  Post your source.  I doubt you will because you're distorting the story.  That $503 is on top of their regular health care plan.  Members of congress have the opportunity to buy into the same healthcare plans that all Federal employees buy into.  Below is as of 09-25-09:

"After hearing various claims (congressmen get free, gold plated health care), our D.C. correspondent Les Blumenthal decided to find out exactly what members of Congress pay for health insurance and what kind of coverage they enjoy. You can read the full story in Sunday's newspaper, but here's the upshot:

•They do pay toward premiums and deductibles.
•They have access to the same policies that other federal employees do (and federal employees get many choices).
For extra money they can have access to care from the Office of the Attending Physician located in the Capitol and get treatment at military hospitals.
Below is a roundup of what members of Washington's delegation pay monthly for health insurance.

Sen. Patty Murray, Democrat: $356, including her husband.

Sen. Maria Cantwell, Democrat: $140 for just herself.

Rep. Dave Reichert, Republican: $469 including his wife, for health, dental and vision.

Rep. Rick Larsen, Democrat: $365 including his wife and two children.

Rep. Doc Hastings, Republican: $356 including his wife.

Rep. Adam Smith, Democrat: $356 including his wife and two children.

Rep. Norm Dicks, Democrat: $356 including his wife.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/politics/2009/09/25/how-much-do-members-of-congress-pay-for-health-insurance/

Post your source.

I completely agree that if they have the right to do that, everybody should have a right to do that.  Selective benefits for congressional members is just raping the taxpayer.  But your attempting to make it sound as though they pay only $503/yr for all their healthcare needs.  And that's just bullshit.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
This office is run by the Navy with PA's and docs. The deal is that they can get in there pretty easy. They still have their regular insurance and I have not read anything about familiy members have access.  So what...work hard, run for office and u can get that benefit. This is a ridiculous thread. Ur not going to get easy access to healthcare with everybody on the same program.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This office is run by the Navy with PA's and docs. The deal is that they can get in there pretty easy. They still have their regular insurance and I have not read anything about familiy members have access.  So what...work hard, run for office and u can get that benefit. This is a ridiculous thread. Ur not going to get easy access to healthcare with everybody on the same program.

what a dumb fucking answer so if everyone works hard everyone can become a congressman ,200,000,000 congressman

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
what a dumb fucking answer so if everyone works hard everyone can become a congressman ,200,000,000 congressman

in one of the debates, mccain said his goal was to make everybody in american rich.

then he said in the same debate, that 'rich' means a net worth of 5 million.

sounds like he would have been printing a whole lot more $ than obama did!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
in one of the debates, mccain said his goal was to make everybody in american rich.

then he said in the same debate, that 'rich' means a net worth of 5 million.

sounds like he would have been printing a whole lot more $ than obama did!

This is why McLame lost 240 - he was a fool.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V

Ah..no..work hard and run for Office if u really want that benefit Blacken...why do u think u should get it for free..who the fuck are u. Thats a benefit for being in Congress.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
NOBODY SAID FOR FREE MORON, BUT WHEN PRICES GO UP 400% IN 10 YEARS SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I agree! Surely something must be done. First things first. Blacken-- Kill yourself.

You are a drain on this country and on the bandwith of this website. You dying would be a great start toward improving things in general.

Second-- Make sure the above is carried out.

After phases one and two are complete, we can discuss phase three.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I agree! Surely something must be done. First things first. Blacken-- Kill yourself.

You are a drain on this country and on the bandwith of this website. You dying would be a great start toward improving things in general.

Second-- Make sure the above is carried out.

After phases one and two are complete, we can discuss phase three.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
i told you fellas,,,,over and over obama told me the healthcare is for you guys and not him,,,,he works for the american people so this healthcare bill is for you common folks,,,,i apologize for being gone so long I see forum is a big mess here in politics I was out helping sotoymyer get ready took some pictures with her along with obama,,,,just rubbing elbows with higher ups such as obama himself,,,YOU WILL SEE IN NEAR FUTURE I PROMISE YOU GETBIG POEOPLE THAT OBAMA WILL MENTION GETBIG SOON ABOUT THE POLITIC BOARD AND STEROIDS,,,,I MENTION ALREADY THIS TO HIM

PLEASE NO PMS I WILL RESPOND HERE AS USUALL FOR MASSES TO SEE

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Hugo...as ur on the big clean out...get rid of this retard.
L