Author Topic: All bow down to WWF Wrestlefest!!  (Read 4117 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
All bow down to WWF Wrestlefest!!
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:42:13 AM »
Playboy should love this thread!!

If anyone is a true fan of wrestling games there can be no doubt that this arcade game that came out in 1991 was absolutely the greatest wrestling game ever made!!!! Nothing comes close even today! Who didn't want to be Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, Earthquake, Big Bossman, Mr. Perfect, Ted Dibasie, Smash and Crush of Demolition and Sgt. Slaughter?? And all of them had their signature moves which was unheard of at the time. I spent literally hundreds of dollars worth of quarters to play this thing and try to defeat the tag team champions, the Road Warriors (LOD) who also had their tag team finisher, the Doomsday Device Clothesline :o. And who could forget the Royal Rumble??? I was simply in awe when this hit the arcade and seeing tons of people around it in heated match ups were awesome.

In Saturday Nights Main Event, the tag team mode (that also had that traditional WWF blue steel cage on level 3) I was always the Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan!! In the Royal Rumble I was Hogan going for the glory. It was just too much for me as I even used to lose sleep about it at night and try to con my mother to take me to the arcade as I looked all over town for quarters. Hell, even when I didn't have any quarters I would just watch people play (I even remember staring at the opening credits for hours). Crazy, yes. But it was a crazy ass game and I've never seen anything like it before.

Today, I have this on my PC and still find it fun as hell!! Plus I have the code to be the Road Warriors and playing my idol Road Warrior Hawk still puts a smile to my face.

Just check out these links if you don't know about this game because this is what wrestling will always be to me in, what I think is the best time. The only knock on this game is that it didn't have Ric Flair, who came to the WWF two years later.

Check this out (watch the whole thing to see the LOD clothesline, it's worth it)! Anyone else have some fond memories of this game?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: All bow down to WWF Wrestlefest!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 05:53:34 AM »
Good clip. I can’t believe I don’t remember this from the arcades.
My favorite was Earthquake’s finisher – I LOL when I saw that.

Did they make this game for Nintendo or SNES?
I have two of the original systems and would love to track down this game if it exists.

Where did you download the PC version?

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:00:47 AM »
Good clip. I can’t believe I don’t remember this from the arcades.
My favorite was Earthquake’s finisher – I LOL when I saw that.

Did they make this game for Nintendo or SNES?
I have two of the original systems and would love to track down this game if it exists.

Where did you download the PC version?

No they never made it for any system. But I heard a rumor that it may be coming to the next WWE game coming out for the big systems in 2010 in a History mode if I'm correct.

I actually have the authentic ROM straight from the arcade game to my PC. Not some cheap copied cd of the game. You can use the keyboard but I choose to use a joystick and when friends come over we still have Royal Rumbles and Tag matches.

It is still playable and fun today. That's an indication of what a really good game is. The only other games that I think that have this much playability is NHLPA 93 for the Sega Genesis. Now that's a great game too!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 04:53:13 AM »
I remember that arcade! I played it every single day at a pizza parlour near my house. Man...how many quarters went into that machine. But I had to get their quickly as the line up for people who wanted to play was intense.  :D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »
The only thing bad about it was that four people could play. Especially if the guy you teamed with sucked. I had endless hours of entertainment with that game. We'd finish work at 11 and play that game all night long. Till like 4 in the morning. There was five games where I worked. Really fun times.
Lol...same here. Many a lunchtime was passed during highschool playing that damn arcade. I thought I was the only one who remebered that arcade. Nice stuff.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »
The only thing bad about it was that four people could play. Especially if the guy you teamed with sucked. I had endless hours of entertainment with that game. We'd finish work at 11 and play that game all night long. Till like 4 in the morning. There was five games where I worked. Really fun times.

Now that sounds like a good time!! Must have had some legendary matches Cheftim.

Fucking awesome.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »
Hey guys, check this out. Looks like there are some serious people out there who wants this game back.

http://www.bringbackwrestlefest.com/

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
I used to love that game.

nothing beats watching jake roberts slam earthquake from the ring to the floor

or earthquake doing a top rope splash from the outside all the way down to the concrete.
Flower Boy Ran Away

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
lots of "older" gentleman in this thread. ;D

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 09:24:33 AM »
Play it today and you'll see what we "older" men are talking about. :)