Author Topic: Squatting and suppersetting Dealifting, I am breathing hard after some sets, why  (Read 2641 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
All different styles of training.  What you're doing now falls into the muscular endurance arena (although the higher rep ranges can be useful in other styles occassionally)  Decide if you want to train for mass, power or endurance.  In the meantime, try taking your current 'routine' and bumping up the weight a little (don't try to max right away) dropping down to 10 reps while gradually continuing to bump up the weight until you hit about 20-22% more than what you could get 15-16 at (over the course of the next 2-3 weeks).  You'll probably notice a difference.  So for instance - if you're doing 200 lbs for 15 reps, you should be able to work up to 240 lbs (for 10 reps) over the course of the next several weeks.  Don't just jump right in at 240 because like you said, your joints and other tissues might not be ready.

Thanks for the tips. Great info.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Lets say you front squat your body weight supper setting that with dead lifting body weight. I find myself breathing pretty heavy after a few sets, I don't like alot of rest in between to keep the momentum. But man it's pretty hard sometimes anyone else noticed this or does my cardio need even more work?  I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, if any. It seems that lung capacity puts a limit before muscle fatigue sometimes, anybody else have this happening?

this is the best to do for heart and lung capacity and overall mass movement ability. yes i find i cannot gasp enough air to keep going too , must be better vitamins to hold the oxygen better
A

HeavyDuty

• Getbig II
vitamin D.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
vitamin D.

interesting. Right before the workout?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
ive been hearing alot about vitamin d latley

even vitamin d3 from radiated mushrooms (not joke thats what they called )
A

HeavyDuty

• Getbig II
its in eggs, fish, leafy greens so you should be getting some that way ideally, if not, a supp will do it!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
i hear there is no toxicity levels of vitamin d, i feel sunlight while at work is quite nourishing to my tender heart
A

Pecs

• Getbig IV
squatting and deadlifts are the two excercises you should avoid if you don't want to breath heavily................

aglifter

• Getbig III
  • Conan! What is best in life?
That is stupid.  Just do sets of 315x15 on squat and forget about deadlifting.  Real man squat a lot and blow out their colons

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Ok. I never have heavy days though. In only do it like this, every time. I always do minimum 16 reps for legs. I always felt like I would get hurt when I try a really heavy squat. I cant seem to build much mass or get strong joints like a power lifter for some reason.

16 sets is way overkill. You can't build much mass because you don't have enough intensity. If you trained hard enough your legs couldn't handle anywhere near 16 sets.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

My body hurts just reading this.   

dov

• Getbig IV
I read the first 5 posts and have concluded that "Rami" is clueless bout training.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
vitamin D.

interesting. Right before the workout?
^
No correlation, but the latest recommendations on vitamin D are 1000 IU / day.  Cod liver oil is an excellent source.

ive been hearing alot about vitamin d latley

even vitamin d3 from radiated mushrooms (not joke thats what they called )

Sounds like mushrooms grown next to Chernobyl  ;D

Seriously though, I think you mean mushrooms exposed to UV light which is showing some real promise.  They call it "irradiated".
:

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Here goes.  Your body is happy as it is, the only way it will adapt is through necessity, for survival.

If you do a set and stop two reps shy of failure, your body is not forced into adapting, ie getting bigger or stronger to its optimal.

Agree?

Yes, Mike Mentzer.

HeavyDuty

• Getbig II
Yes, Mike Mentzer.

Thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you dude.

Seriously, its true from a scientific standpoint, not because Mike said it.