Author Topic: Improving once cardio and lungcapacity! AVG. 390 W 20 m. Quatum leap insight!  (Read 670 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
For anyone who want's to improve cardio and lungcapacity, I just discovered undisputedly that shorter higher intencity 20-25 minutes beats out long duration around 1 hour for improving your maximum physical workload level. Long duration cardio doesn't do anything. Although I have to do slow cardio for 1 hour per day by walking to the store.

And I reduced the 35 minutes of medium intencity per day I used to do on a airdyne bike to 20 minutes high intencity just now and then maybe 2 per week or so. Resulting in my cardio capacity has soared! Some days what you learn, provides Quantum leap insight.

Just thought I put that out there for anyone who wonder why their cardio suck.

I know I can handle 400 Watts steadely for 20 minutes and well over 600 calories in the same time span.

HeavyDuty

• Getbig II
As long as your doing it to increase lung function and not for fat loss, good job man!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
As long as your doing it to increase lung function and not for fat loss, good job man!

Cool. Thanks. Yeah I always wondered why my cardio was stuck at the same level.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
There are a few tricks you can use if, like me, you really detest long-duration cardio.

First off, you can inactivate your fat storage enzymes just by keeping your hips extended. Don't sit down. If you spend a large part of your day sitting down (hips bent) then your fat storage enzymes will be activated during that time... simply standing at your desk (rather than sitting) can, if practical, dent your fat storage capacity.

Secondly, you can use a thermogenic effect by slightly, very slightly, lowering your core body temperature. Just sipping on an ice-cold drink (sipping, not gulping) throughout the day (freeze a 1 litre or bigger water bottle and sip it as it melts throughout the day). By sipping continuously you don't frighten your system into a state of cold shock, which you would by cooling yourself by immersion, or cold exposure.

Those two tricks, in conjunction with the usual calorie control; insulin control (meal spacing); low carb, low-GI  diet can all but make cardio redundant.

The Luke

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
This is good information. I'm copying this!

The Luke

• Getbig IV
This is good information. I'm copying this!

...maybe try a substrate diet.

I did that for six weeks, with three 60 minute walks per week and my three (30 minute) HIT weights workouts, and lost 24 lbs of bodyweight. Surprisingly, my bodyfat skin-fold caliper estimation actually showed I had gained 4-5 lbs of muscle during the same time. Not sure I can trust that measurement which is up at the very top end of what should be possible metabolically. Perhaps my body started to "hold" less food in reserve if you know what I mean.

The scary thing was the metabolic change... heightened sense of smell, crazy libido, mile-a-minute thinking and weird sleep patterns.

It's not for everyone. But it's certainly effective.

The Luke

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
What is a "substrate diet" ?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
What is a "substrate diet" ?

...it's complicated. Not the kind of thing you want to go into on a board like GetBig.

If I get a chance to write something up I will.

The Luke
(Gotta go now)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
have like 4 different kinds of nuts a day atleast for a large mass of different types of protiens
peanuts
almonds
soynuts
sunflower seeds

then do high intensity 3 times a day  ;D
A