Author Topic: Patriots/Ravens  (Read 4562 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Patriots/Ravens
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:42:58 PM »
Tough loss. That drop by Clayton on fourth down was a killer. Not taking too much away from the Patriots but the Ravens beat themselves today. From the opening fumble by Carr that lead to a field goal to Ngata's personal foul on Brady that kept the TD drive alive. That's 10 points right there. Just can't make those mistakes against a team like the Patriots. The Patriots' secondary played great, though.

The Ravens secondary has tons of holes. Giving up way too many passing yards on defense in every game except Cleveland. It's nice to average 30 points a game but the defense has got to start playing better.

body88

Re: Patriots/Ravens
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:59:13 PM »

Weak! I can name three plays where the Patriots cost themselves at least 10 points, too.  The Ravens must have "beat themselves" the last five times they lost to the Pats, also. Pats = 5-0 vs Ravens.   Carr fumbled the ball because he got bitch slapped by Alexander and coughed up the rock.  How is that "shooting yourself in the foot"?  That's getting rocked and losing the ball.  Ngata made a dumb foul, just like several pats players.  That's an excuse, man.  The only reason the Raven are avg 30 points per game is because they have played garbage teams up until today, imo.  The ravens O scored 14 points today.  Pat's didn't have mayo, and an ufda is playing the mike.  The Ravens are a very good team, but lets not go overbaord here.  The Colts and the Jets are better, imo.

Tough loss. That drop by Clayton on fourth down was a killer. Not taking too much away from the Patriots but the Ravens beat themselves today. From the opening fumble by Carr that lead to a field goal to Ngata's personal foul on Brady that kept the TD drive alive. That's 10 points right there. Just can't make those mistakes against a team like the Patriots. The Patriots' secondary played great, though.

The Ravens secondary has tons of holes. Giving up way too many passing yards on defense in every game except Cleveland. It's nice to average 30 points a game but the defense has got to start playing better.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
You HAVE to make that 4th down catch.  Great throw by Flacco.  Very entertaining game and might be an AFC championship game preview.  Both teams made some dumb mistakes, so I think that evened out.

body88

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »
You HAVE to make that 4th down catch.  Great throw by Flacco.  Very entertaining game and might be an AFC championship game preview.  Both teams made some dumb mistakes, so I think that evened out.

Yup, and you CAN'T jump offsides and cost your team a first down on the ravens 15 yard line on 3rd and 2, like Mike Wright did.  The pats had the first down and that score would end the game.  Pats cost themselves just as many times as the ravens.  It was even in that regard.  Bottom line, Pats = better team today.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

I can name three plays where the Patriots cost themselves at least 10 points, too.  The Ravens must have "beat themselves" the last five times they lost to the Pats. Pats = 5-0 vs Ravens.   Carr fumbled the ball because he got bitch slapped by Alexander and coughed up the rock.  How is that "shooting yourself in the foot"?  That's getting rocked and losing the ball.  The only reason the Raven are avg 30 points per game is because they have played garbage teams up until today.  The ravens O scored 14 points today.  They are a goopd team, but lets not go overbaord here.  The Colts and the Jets are better, imo.

Before you start touting how great your defense is keep in mind that the Flacco and the offense were moving the ball up and down against the Patriots today. 14 points could have been 28 if Falcoo hadn't thrown the pick before halftime and Clayton would have caught the fourth down catch on the last drive.

They have beaten garbage teams so far? Not quite. San Diego has Super Bowl talent and will be in the playoffs. It's four games into the new season and it's a little early to tell who's "garbage". Agree to disagree on who is the better team. I'm not touting the Ravens as a Superbowl contender in September and October and I've pointed out their obvious weaknesses on defense for the last four weeks. So how am I getting ahead of myself? But I would love to play the Patriots again. The last two games the Patriots have been lucky and the games could have been won by the Ravens.

And don't even get me started on the horseshit issued timeout by Rex Ryan on Tom Brady's stuffed fourth and inches run in 2007.

body88

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
The Chiefs and the Browns are fucking horrible.  Look at the combined records of the teams the Ravens have played vs who the pats have played.  6-2 vs 2-6.  Like I said, the ravens have played on decent team in the Chargers and two horrid teams in the Browns and the Chiefs.  Pats have played the Jets (4-0), the Falcons (3-0), The Bills (crap, but far better than the browns) and the Ravens (3-0).  The Pats where lucky to beats the Falcons? Lol, cleary you didn't watch the game, dude.  As for luck, lets talk about the chiefs and the chargers game!  You just exposed yourself.  The pats won the Atlanta game easy.  I guess the Pats have been lucky the last five times they beat the ravens.  Sour grapes my man.

Oh btw, nice move by Suggs diving at Brady's knee.  It was BLATENT and he was unblocked; Brady was able to get out of the way, thankfully.  Fucking piece of trash.  I hope that scumbag gets fined.  Sorry Suggs, you thug.  All the Ravens do is whine, just like their coach the whole game.  They don't have the discapline to win a title.  I'll bet you a 100 bucks they don't win the sb this year.  Wow, I just saw the reply of the Suggs dive on the news... wow.

They have beaten garbage teams so far? Not quite. San Diego has Super Bowl talent and will be in the playoffs. It's four games into the new season and it's a little early to tell who's "garbage". Agree to disagree on who is the better team. I'm not touting the Ravens as a Superbowl contender in September and October and I've pointed out their obvious weaknesses on defense for the last four weeks. So how am I getting ahead of myself? But I would love to play the Patriots again. The last two games the Patriots have been lucky and the games could have been won by the Ravens.

And don't even get me started on the horseshit issued timeout by Rex Ryan on Tom Brady's stuffed fourth and inches run in 2007.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
The Chiefs and the Browns are fucking horrible.  Look at the combined records of the teams the Ravens have played vs who the pats have played.  6-2 vs 2-6.  Like I said, the ravens have played on decent team in the Chargers and two horrid teams in the Browns and the Chiefs.  Pats have played the Jets (4-0), the Falcons (3-0), The Bills (crap, but far better than the browns) and the Ravens (3-0).  The Pats where lucky to beats the Falcons? Lol, cleary you didn't watch the game, dude.  As for luck, lets talk about the chiefs and the chargers game!  You just exposed yourself.  The pats won the Atlanta game easy.  I guess the Pats have been lucky the last five times they beat the ravens.  Sour grapes my man.

Oh btw, nice move by Suggs diving at Brady's knee.  It was BLATENT and he was unblocked; Brady was able to get out of the way, thankfully.  Fucking piece of trash.  I hope that scumbag gets fined.  Sorry Suggs, you thug.  All the Ravens do is whine, just like their coach the whole game.  They don't have the discapline to win a title.  I'll bet you a 100 bucks they don't win the sb this year.  Wow, I just saw the reply of the Suggs dive on the news... wow.

"The last two games the Patriots have been lucky and the games could have been won by the Ravens." (my quote exactly)

I wasn't referring to the Patriots last two wins. I was referring to the last two games between the Ravens and Patriots dating back to 2007 and today. Read carefully next time before you go on a useless rant.

I'll bet you right back that the Pats don't win it all. on the other hand, propose your little bet come end of November. I would never make a bet on Superbowl predictions after four games and you sure as shit wouldn't either so settle down, little buddy. if you want to bet right now on your Pats winning it all then bring it. We'll set up on paypal right here and now.

otherwise..zip it and I look forward to the Ravens playing Giselle and the Patriots again down the road.

ps--that was a blatant hit by Suggs and he should be fined. He will be so don't cry.  :'( God forbid the NFL loses their poster boy for another season. Think about all the lost revenue for the NFL......oh my heavens no.....

body88

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 07:05:49 PM »
Read carefully?  Perhaps you should specify what you are talking about if we are discussing the Ravens, the Pats, and their opponents in a conversation.  Funny, because I saw the Patriots moving the ball with ease on the Ravens "nasty" defense today, and on two separate occasions shutting down the Ravens on fourth and short.  Also, the Ravens were only able to score 14 points today. The Patriots happened to be slightly better today, straight up.  I can go tit for tat on missed opportunities for the Patriots like you did for the Ravens.  The Pats "shot themselves" in the foot several times.  Point being, that excuse is just that, an excuse, so I wouldnet go there.  Perhaps if the Ravens could have led the game at some point, a dropped pass wouldn't have decided their fate.  Not likely, because the Ravens couldn't convert on 4th and short when it counted all game.  Also, Flacco threw a pick in the redzone when he could have taken the lead.

I never said the Patriots would win the superbowl.  I said that the Ravens wouldn't win the superbowl, because while they are an extremely good football team, they lack the discapline to win the whole thing.  I can only hope the Pats get the Ravens if they make it to the AFC title game.  The Colts and or the Jets would be much tougher to beat, imo.  Infact, I think the Colts could win it all, again.  

I'm sorry my friend, but everytime the Ravens lose a game, it's the same song and dance with their fans.  Forgive me for calling out Suggs for being a thug.  I'd say the same about any player on any team.  If you resort to cheap shit like that, you know frustration has taken over and you can't win the right way.  Diving for a guys knees who just came back from major surgery?  Is that how Jim coaches his players?  Honestly, discapline and focus is a part of football, and the teams who don't have it don't win superbowls.

"The last two games the Patriots have been lucky and the games could have been won by the Ravens." (my quote exactly)

I wasn't referring to the Patriots last two wins. I was referring to the last two games between the Ravens and Patriots dating back to 2007 and today. Read carefully next time before you go on a useless rant.

I'll bet you right back that the Pats don't win it all. on the other hand, propose your little bet come end of November. I would never make a bet on Superbowl predictions after four games and you sure as shit wouldn't either so settle down, little buddy. if you want to bet right now on your Pats winning it all then bring it. We'll set up on paypal right here and now.

otherwise..zip it and I look forward to the Ravens playing Giselle and the Patriots again down the road.

ps--that was a blatant hit by Suggs and he should be fined. He will be so don't cry.  :'( God forbid the NFL loses their poster boy for another season. Think about all the lost revenue for the NFL......oh my heavens no.....

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »
rodney harrison to tom brady: "take off your skirt"

oh brother

body88

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
rodney harrison to tom brady: "take off your skirt"

oh brother

He's not doing so well on tv, is he.  He's at the point where he is trying to cover up his Pats homerism when he first got on.  He called T.O a clown last week, which was dumb.  He's to much of a football player to be credible on TV, imo.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 07:56:21 PM »
i think theyre trying to make him say stupid shit to go along with his reputation as a player

eitherway, hes an idiot

teddy bruschi isnt exactly a pro on tv either  :-X

body88

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
i think theyre trying to make him say stupid shit to go along with his reputation as a player

eitherway, hes an idiot

teddy bruschi isnt exactly a pro on tv either  :-X

Can't say about Bru, I have season tickets, so I go to the games and I don't watch much on TV.  When I do, I don't watch the pregame stuff.  And yes, Rodney is pretty bad on TV.  They should both coach with the pats.  Maybe later.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »
Read carefully?  Perhaps you should specify what you are talking about if we are discussing the Ravens, the Pats, and their opponents in a conversation.  Funny, because I saw the Patriots moving the ball with ease on the Ravens "nasty" defense today, and on two separate occasions shutting down the Ravens on fourth and short.  Also, the Ravens were only able to score 14 points today. The Patriots happened to be slightly better today, straight up.  I can go tit for tat on missed opportunities for the Patriots like you did for the Ravens.  The Pats "shot themselves" in the foot several times.  Point being, that excuse is just that, an excuse, so I wouldnet go there.  Perhaps if the Ravens could have led the game at some point, a dropped pass wouldn't have decided their fate.  Not likely, because the Ravens couldn't convert on 4th and short when it counted all game.  Also, Flacco threw a pick in the redzone when he could have taken the lead.

I never said the Patriots would win the superbowl.  I said that the Ravens wouldn't win the superbowl, because while they are an extremely good football team, they lack the discapline to win the whole thing.  I can only hope the Pats get the Ravens if they make it to the AFC title game.  The Colts and or the Jets would be much tougher to beat, imo.  Infact, I think the Colts could win it all, again.  

I'm sorry my friend, but everytime the Ravens lose a game, it's the same song and dance with their fans.  Forgive me for calling out Suggs for being a thug.  I'd say the same about any player on any team.  If you resort to cheap shit like that, you know frustration has taken over and you can't win the right way.  Diving for a guys knees who just came back from major surgery?  Is that how Jim coaches his players?  Honestly, discapline and focus is a part of football, and the teams who don't have it don't win superbowls.

So I guess you're implying that every time the Ravens lose, it's because of a lack of discipline? Hardly. It's also slightly debatable that Suggs deliberately went for Brady's knee. It appeared that way on TV but the entire play should be reviewed. Did Suggs get blocked into Brady? Whether Suggs ends up being fined should tell the whole story after NFL officials review the play. If he doesn't get fined, then feel free to retract your statement. If he does get fined, then shame on him. But Suggs is an awesome guy to  Ravens fans and I've met him several times in downtown Baltimore. In no way is he a thug because he's one of the most fun loving people you'll ever meet in person.

And by the way..the Ravens did lead at one point in this game. 7-3, if memory serves. And the Ravens don't lack discipline under Harbaugh. These are not Brian Billick's Ravens. Undisciplined Football teams don't get within one quarter of a Super Bowl appearance like the Ravens did last year. Harbs is a terrific, well respected player's coach and his players play hard for him.

body88

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 06:41:45 AM »

Unblocked.  Wow, Jim must not be the type of coach I thought he was.  Rex Ryan has the Jets playing aggressive, but within the rules of the game.

Imo, Ravens showed a lack of discipline yesterday, because like their coach during most of the game, they whined, cried and made mistakes when it was imperative that they keep their focus.  The dive at Brady's knee was not debatable.  Suggs may be a nice guy, but I lost respect for him after the stunt he pulled yesterday.  Everyone makes mistakes, but diving at a guy's knee is not only cheap, it's busch league, imo.

The Ravens led until the Patriots got the ball back and scored.  As I said, the Patriots led for 99% of the game.  Look at the t.o.p.  I never said the ravens were not a very good football team.  I'm saying that everytime the ravens lose, their fans cry about it.  The fact is this, the ravens ran into a team that is just as good if not better than them yesterday.  Before that, they played poor teams, which inflated their stats.

I'd agree with you about Harbaugh if he didn't whine like a bitch at his press conference and spend the entire game screaming and yelling on the sidelines.  He showed a lack of composure and focus in high pressure situations, just like his team.  Trust me, I sit three rows from the field on the 30, on the visitors side. Honestly, getting stuffed twice on fourth and short is the story of this game.  That and Flacco throwing a pick late in the redzone.  The ravens couldn't convert when it counted most, and thats why they lost.  They also got outplayed by the patriots defence (which is missing the DROTY, in Mayo).

So I guess you're implying that every time the Ravens lose, it's because of a lack of discipline? Hardly. It's also slightly debatable that Suggs deliberately went for Brady's knee. It appeared that way on TV but the entire play should be reviewed. Did Suggs get blocked into Brady? Whether Suggs ends up being fined should tell the whole story after NFL officials review the play. If he doesn't get fined, then feel free to retract your statement. If he does get fined, then shame on him. But Suggs is an awesome guy to  Ravens fans and I've met him several times in downtown Baltimore. In no way is he a thug because he's one of the most fun loving people you'll ever meet in person.

And by the way..the Ravens did lead at one point in this game. 7-3, if memory serves. And the Ravens don't lack discipline under Harbaugh. These are not Brian Billick's Ravens. Undisciplined Football teams don't get within one quarter of a Super Bowl appearance like the Ravens did last year. Harbs is a terrific, well respected player's coach and his players play hard for him.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 07:01:41 AM »
fuck that...Phantom RTP calls against Suggs...GRRRR im so fuckin hot right now...that cost me $500 bucks...Balt was the better team...

Congrats Upinthem...You have a nice squad on your hands..

Now over to Mendenhall....Yall thought he was a bust huh...That kneegrow can run that pill Steeler style baby

body88

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 07:06:33 AM »
fuck that...Phantom RTP calls against Suggs...GRRRR im so fuckin hot right now...that cost me $500 bucks...Balt was the better team...

Congrats Upinthem...You have a nice squad on your hands..

Now over to Mendenhall....Yall thought he was a bust huh...That kneegrow can run that pill Steeler style baby

Phantom, it's clear as day in the video.  Balt was the better team, but they couldn't convert on fourth and short twice, and their QB threw a pick in the redzone when the game was on the line.  They couldn't stop the pats from scoring and they gave up 35 more yards on the ground than they have all year. Their "badass" D also got outplayed by the Patriots D.  Patriot haters make me laugh  ::)  The Pats have played teams with a combined 6-2 record, the Ravens teams with a combined 2-6 record...they lose to the Pats, by getting outplayed, and they are somehow better!?  At best, they are as good.  The Colts, the Jets and the Pats are all better than the Ravens, imo.  The only quality team the Ravens played before the Pats was the chargers and they got SMASHED by Pitt last night.

Mal, shouldent you be "hot" about the Ravens failing to convert on fourth and short twice, not be able to get a lead for 99 percent of the game, giving up 90 yards on the ground and Flacco throwing a pick in the Pats redzone before the half?  How about the Ravens d getting outplayed and the Pats O scoring at will?  To me that's the story of the game, but Ravens fans want to ignore that and focus on a few calls.  Whatever helps them sleep at night.  Fact is this, the ravens have a good team, a very good team, but it aint as good as people thought it was, and that sucks to realize.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »
Phantom, it's clear as day in the video.  Balt was the better team, but they couldn't convert on fourth and short twice, and their QB threw a pick in the redzone when the game was on the line.  They couldn't stop the pats from scoring and they gave up 35 more yards on the ground than they have all year. Their "badass" D also got outplayed by the Patriots D. Patriot haters make me laugh  ::)  The Pats have played teams with a combined 6-2 record, the Ravens team with a 2-6 record...they lose to the Pats, but are somehow better, lol.  Please, the Colts, the Jets and the Pats are all better than the Ravens.  The only quality team the Ravens played before the Pats was the chargers and the got SMASHED by Pitt last night.

Mal, shouldent you be "hot" about the Ravens failing to convert on fourth and short twice, and Flacco throwing a pick in the Pats redzone before the half?  How about the Ravens d getting outplayed and the Pats O scoring at will.  To me that;s the story of the game, but ravens fans want to ignore that and focus on a few calls.  Whatever helps them sleep at night.

Get the fuck out of here...First off I really dont hate any team outside of the Ravens, being a Steeler Fan...Oh and listen to your EX patriot Rodney Harrison, he must be a pat hater too huh? He said it was an awful call and Tom Brady should take off the skirt, throw on some slacks and be a man...Fact is that 2 RTP led to 2 touchdowns. Slice it anyway you want, That was some fag shit

body88

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 07:48:13 AM »

Get the fuck out of here...First off I really dont hate any team outside of the Ravens, being a Steeler Fan...Oh and listen to your EX patriot Rodney Harrison, he must be a pat hater too huh? He said it was an awful call and Tom Brady should take off the skirt, throw on some slacks and be a man...Fact is that 2 RTP led to 2 touchdowns. Slice it anyway you want, That was some fag shit

I see logic and facts are not going to part part of this conversation.  I form my own opinion based on video.  The one above shows Suggs diving at Brady's knees in front of an official.  Who gives a shit what Rodney says?  He said that Big Ben was a shitty QB last week, I'm sure that you agree with that one, too? Doubt it.  The facts are this: the Patriots had big penalties that cost them points, also.  The Patriots stuffed the Ravens on fourth and short, TWICE.  Joe Flacco threw and interception in the Pats redzone when he had the chance to score before the half.  The Pats D was better than the ravens d.  The Pats O scored with ease, and they led for 99 percent of the game. The Pats have played teams with a combined 6-2 record, the Ravens 2-6.  The Pats had the ball for almost 10 min more than the ravens, they won the t.o.p battle.

You lost 500.00 because you made a poor bet.  You're just making excuses by cherry picking situations and warping them to fit your "argument".  The pats had several instances where Penalties cost them points.  It's a weak argument, at best.

Mike Wright of the Patriots got flagged for a RTP call that led to points for the Ravens.  He touched the helmet of Flacco.  No one is talking about that, though.  Of courrrrssseeeee not  ::)  Excuses - excuses.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 10:04:07 AM »
I see logic and facts are not going to part part of this conversation.  I form my own opinion based on video.  The one above shows Suggs diving at Brady's knees in front of an official.  Who gives a shit what Rodney says?  He said that Big Ben was a shitty QB last week, I'm sure that you agree with that one, too? Doubt it.  The facts are this: the Patriots had big penalties that cost them points, also.  The Patriots stuffed the Ravens on fourth and short, TWICE.  Joe Flacco threw and interception in the Pats redzone when he had the chance to score before the half.  The Pats D was better than the ravens d.  The Pats O scored with ease, and they led for 99 percent of the game. The Pats have played teams with a combined 6-2 record, the Ravens 2-6.  The Pats had the ball for almost 10 min more than the ravens, they won the t.o.p battle.

You lost 500.00 because you made a poor bet.  You're just making excuses by cherry picking situations and warping them to fit your "argument".  The pats had several instances where Penalties cost them points.  It's a weak argument, at best.

The Pats were the better team that day but you act like the Pats should've smashed the Ravens. Dude, did you happen to notice that the Ravens went up and down the field against the Patriots defense? By comparison, the Ravens's identity is not about the defense anymore as it was years ago. The team is definitely in the middle of transitioning to having an offensive identity and its starting this season. I'm not surprised at all that the Patriots moved the ball on the Ravens defense. Look at the offense talent you have......Brady, Welker, Moss, Watson,etc.

The unsportsmanlike call on Harbaugh was absolute bullshit. The reason he was bitching to the refs in the first place was because of a bullshit defensive holding call on third down AND an obvious no-call on a block in the back on a Tom Brady scramble for seven yards.

I'm sorry to keep arguing but say what you want. The Ravens beat themselves by stupid penalties that converted to two Patriots touchdowns. I understand your point of view but don't jump down my throat because of my convictions and support for my team.

The bottom line is that the Patriots won and I accept that. Had Clayton caught the fourth and one with 30 secs left(you know, one of those fourth down conversions that were "stuffed' by the Patriots  ::)), we'd likely be talking about a different outcome with your sour grapes.

And I'm not a Patriots hater, for your information. I know how you love to make every thread about how disrespected they are and how everyone is out to get them. But there are 12 games to go still, big boy. Lot of football yet to be played and I think it's too soon to crown any team as a frontrunner just yet. Like i said, at the end of the year we'll see what teams are still standing and in the race.

But there is nothing about the Patriots that really blow me way. I guess signing 50 year Junior Seau will put them over the top. Funny how he chose to remain unsigned last season when Brady went down in game 1. But now that Brady is back.......

body88

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »
The second you said the ravens gave away the game was when I decided to respond to your post.  It's weak and typical of Ravens fans and their players.  The rest of what you wrote about me is a bunch of hogwash.  I state my opinions with conviction, period.  Here the facts: The Ravens got stuffed on 4th and short twice.  Joe Flacco threw an interception in the redzone which killed any chance the Ravens had of taking back momentum.  The Pats led the game for most of it.  The Pats were able to run over 35 yards above what the Ravens have allowed this year.  The Patriots defence played better than the Ravens defence.  The Patriots had just as many plays that cost them points as the Ravens.  The play where Mike Wright sacked Flacco and touched his helmet by mistake comes to mind.   How about the bullshit holding call on light when Maroney broke off a run for 50 yards?

It's funny, everytime the ravens lose a game it's the same story.  Woe is us. Bullshit calls.  The officiating has been consistent with all teams.  Look at what happened to the Pats when they played the Jets.  Two rtp calls in that game.  Fact is though, those calls meant shit because the pats weren't the better team.  Thats how the NFL is now, adapt and move on.  Clearly the Ravens can't. Yes, the pats have Moss, Welker and Brady....But the Ravens have Ed Reed, Ngata, Ray Lewis and Suggs.  Whats your point?  

The pats signed Seau to have some depth in case of injury.  Funny thing is the pats defence was better than the ravens defence yesterday.  When Mayo comes back it will be even better. Take all the shots you like, fact is this: the ravens don't blow me away because they hadn't played anybody good until yesterday, and when they did, they got beat.  They are not the juggernaut they were being hailed as before yesterdays game.  We'll see what the Pats and the Ravens look like at the end of the year.  Again, the pats have played teams with winning records, the Ravens have not (aside from the pats).

I never said the Ravens were a bad team, I said they are a very good team several times.  I never said the pats are MUCH better.  I used facts and stats from the game and previous games to form most of my opinions.  I think defaulting to officiating is bullshit and it's only done when excuses are needed.  Trust me, I've dealt with enough in my own fanbase, due to the Giants loss.  The Pats lost to the better team on that day, period.

The Pats were the better team that day but you act like the Pats should've smashed the Ravens. Dude, did you happen to notice that the Ravens went up and down the field against the Patriots defense? By comparison, the Ravens's identity is not about the defense anymore as it was years ago. The team is definitely in the middle of transitioning to having an offensive identity and its starting this season. I'm not surprised at all that the Patriots moved the ball on the Ravens defense. Look at the offense talent you have......Brady, Welker, Moss, Watson,etc.

The unsportsmanlike call on Harbaugh was absolute bullshit. The reason he was bitching to the refs in the first place was because of a bullshit defensive holding call on third down AND an obvious no-call on a block in the back on a Tom Brady scramble for seven yards.

I'm sorry to keep arguing but say what you want. The Ravens beat themselves by stupid penalties that converted to two Patriots touchdowns. I understand your point of view but don't jump down my throat because of my convictions and support for my team.

The bottom line is that the Patriots won and I accept that. Had Clayton caught the fourth and one with 30 secs left(you know, one of those fourth down conversions that were "stuffed' by the Patriots  ::)), we'd likely be talking about a different outcome with your sour grapes.

And I'm not a Patriots hater, for your information. I know how you love to make every thread about how disrespected they are and how everyone is out to get them. But there are 12 games to go still, big boy. Lot of football yet to be played and I think it's too soon to crown any team as a frontrunner just yet. Like i said, at the end of the year we'll see what teams are still standing and in the race.

But there is nothing about the Patriots that really blow me way. I guess signing 50 year Junior Seau will put them over the top. Funny how he chose to remain unsigned last season when Brady went down in game 1.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 11:01:23 AM »
The second you said the ravens gave away the game was when I decided to respond to your post.  It's weak and typical of Ravens fans and their players.  The rest of what you wrote about me is a bunch of hogwash.  I state my opinions with conviction, period.  Here the facts: The Ravens got stuffed on 4th and short twice.  Joe Flacco threw an interception in the redzone which killed any chance the Ravens had of taking back momentum.  The Pats led the game for most of it.  The Pats were able to run over 35 yards above what the Ravens have allowed this year.  The Patriots defence played better than the Ravens defence.  The Patriots had just as many plays that cost them points as the Ravens.  The play where Mike Wright sacked Flacco and touched his helmet by mistake comes to mind.   How about the bullshit holding call on light when Maroney broke off a run for 50 yards?

It's funny, everytime the ravens lose a game it's the same story.  Woe is us. Bullshit calls.  The officiating has been consistent with all teams.  Look at what happened to the Pats when they played the Jets.  Two rtp calls in that game.  Fact is though, those calls meant shit because the pats weren't the better team.  Thats how the NFL is now, adapt and move on.  Clearly the Ravens can't. Yes, the pats have Moss, Welker and Brady....But the Ravens have Ed Reed, Ngata, Ray Lewis and Suggs.  Whats your point?  

The pats signed Seau to have some depth in case of injury.  Funny thing is the pats defence was better than the ravens defence yesterday.  When Mayo comes back it will be even better. Take all the shots you like, fact is this: the ravens don't blow me away because they hadn't played anybody good until yesterday, and when they did, they got beat.  They are not the juggernaut they were being hailed as before yesterdays game.  We'll see what the Pats and the Ravens look like at the end of the year.  Again, the pats have played teams with winning records, the Ravens have not (aside from the pats).

I never said the Ravens were a bad team, I said they are a very good team several times.  I never said the pats are MUCH better.  I used facts and stats from the game and previous games to form most of my opinions.  I think defaulting to officiating is bullshit and it's only done when excuses are needed.  Trust me, I've dealt with enough in my own fanbase, due to the Giants loss.  The Pats lost to the better team on that day, period.

Like you wouldn't have said the SAME EXACT THING if the Ravens would've pulled out the victory 28-27 at the end. You would have said that the Patriots gave the game away in the same breath. The reason i assume that is because you've already admitted in earlier posts that the Patriots gave away scoring chances.

The bottom line is that the Ravens were the team driving down the field at the end of the game and in position to win, not the other way around. Again...the word you're using..."stuffed" on fourth down? A dropped, catchable pass on fourth and short (less than 10 yards from the endzone, mind you)constitutes being "stuffed" ? Gimme a break, dude.

The Ravens outgained the Patriots 363 to 319 in total yards on offense. 3 sacks and 7 tackles for loss vs. the Patriots with 2 sacks and 3 TFL's on defense, along with a defensive touchdown for Baltimore. How is that playing better defense for NE? By virtue of the one interception that Flacoo threw before halftime? That's ridiculous, bro.

The one personal foul on Ngata out of the two on Brady was terrible. I understand that rules are rules but a lot of these personal fouls on the QB are becoming highly subjective and those same calls are not being made around the league with other QB's. Those two calls eventually led to two NE touchdowns. Take them away and you have NE punting the ball away. end of story. That's called beating yourself.

I apologize that this has turned into a pissing contest between you and I because we usually agree on a lot of things. Obviously, I'm pissed about losing the game. Come Tuesday, I'm sure this thread will be dead and buried because I've already started to look ahead to the Bengals next Sunday.

body88

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »
Like you wouldn't have said the SAME EXACT THING if the Ravens would've pulled out the victory 28-27 at the end. You would have said that the Patriots gave the game away in the same breath. The bottom line is that the Ravens were the team driving down the field at the end of the game and in position to win, not the other way around. Again...the word you're using..."stuffed" on fourth down. A dropped, catchable pass on fourth and short (less than 10 yards from the endzone, mind you)constitutes being "stuffed" ? Gimme a break, dude.

The Ravens outgained the Patriots 363 to 319 in total yards on offense. 3 sacks and 7 tackles for loss vs. the Patriots with 2 sacks and 3 TFL's on defense, along with a defensive touchdown for Baltimore. How is that playing better defense for NE? By virtue of the one interception that Flacoo threw before halftime? That's ridiculous, bro.

The one personal foul on Ngata out of the two on Brady was terrible. I understand that rules are rules but a lot of these personal fouls on the QB are becoming highly subjective and those same calls are not being made around the league with other QB's. Those two calls eventually led to two NE touchdowns. Take them away and you have NE punting the ball away. end of story. That's called beating yourself.

Easy, the Patriots D allowed 14 points, the Ravens D allowed more.  If Maroney had not been called back on that bullshit holding call, the pats would have outgained the Ravens and rushed for almost three times the Ravens defensive avg over the first three games.  Oh wait, that's a strawman argument.  As if yards gained means anything, lol.  The long run by Rice that did nothing for the ravens but give you sixty extra yards.  It's points scored, yards gained is a useless stat! The pats gained 314 yards and scored 24 points.  The ravens gained 363 yards and scored 14 points.

The Patriots have played much better teams than the ravens, the Patriots won the game and the rest is a bunch of excuses by the losing team. You can say the pats beat themselves on several occasions, also.  You ignore this, and ignore the bullshit call on Mike Wright for roughing that I brought up. Ignore the bullshit call on Light for "holding" when LoMo broke one for 60 yards. You explain away interceptions by your QB, dumb fouls, and the inability to convert on fourth and short when it mattered most.  You must have forgot the other occasion when the Ravens got stuffed on a running play when it was fourth and short.  You're making escuses for your wr's dropping passes, also.  How about the passes the Pats dropped?  What if, what if, it's all bullshit, imo.

Had the pats lost, I would have said the better team one....just like the SB.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
Easy, the Patriots D allowed 14 points, the Ravens D allowed more.  If Maroney had not been called back on that bullshit holding call, the pats would have outgained the Ravens and rushed for almost three times the Ravens defensive avg over the first three games.  Oh wait, that's a strawman argument.  As if yards gained means anything, lol.  The long run by Rice that did nothing for the ravens but give you sixty extra yards.  It's points scored, yards gained is a useless stat! The pats gained 314 yards and scored 24 points.  The ravens gained 363 yards and scored 14 points.

The Patriots have played much better teams than the ravens, the Patriots won the game and the rest is a bunch of excuses by the losing team. You can say the pats beat themselves on several occasions, also.  You ignore this, and ignore the bullshit call on Mike Wright for roughing that I brought up. Ignore the bullshit call on Light for "holding" when LoMo broke one for 60 yards. You explain away interceptions by your QB, dumb fouls, and the inability to convert on fourth and short when it mattered most.  You must have forgot the other occasion when the Ravens got stuffed on a running play when it was fourth and short.  You're making escuses for your wr's dropping passes, also.  How about the passes the Pats dropped?  What if, what if, it's all bullshit, imo.

Had the pats lost, I would have said the better team one....just like the SB.

Im done with this to. On to next week.