Author Topic: use good etiquette when getting lit  (Read 1285 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
use good etiquette when getting lit
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »
Etiquette

Bong etiquette seems to allow each person one lungful (inhalation) per turn. It is rude to start a breath over, even if due to bad lighting technique (wasted lung space). The exception is when delays are caused by a faulty lighter. The turn-taker is also allowed to finish the chamber of smoke (carbed) on a second breath. If a person doesn't get a good amount of smoke in a hit, they're allowed to smoke first (if going in order) from the new bowl.

The bong *and* lighter should be smoothly passed onto the next stoner. The veteran of stoners will have already extinguished the bowl so that no bud is wasted for the next person.

Etiquette for the host suggests that s/he provide his/her guests with a spittoon (garbage can), water, and munchies (optional, but very generous!). Needless to say, the ambience should be comfortable and inviting. Bud is best enjoyed in company and with entertainment, so bud should be shared with friends.

Bowl packers are subject to a much looser constraints. Since the person packing bowls is in essence doing everyone else a favor, few arguments can be made by the recipients. Bowl packers can be dictators and direct the route of the bong. They can also smoke as much of their own bud as they want, even if they're out of turn or whatever. The kindest bowl packers pack so much bud into a large bowl that the air can barely be sucked through it. They pass the bong around in order and re-pack the bowl liberally. Not everyone has the money to afford this philosophy, but stoners are usually generous people.

Usually the person packing bowls will take the first hit off a new bowl, but not always. When a fresh bowl is passed to someone else, it is a generous gesture towards that stoner.

While stoners can be obnoxious, they are all too often labeled as "bad stoners". This unfarly derisive term means that a stoner acts goofy while stoned. It's very uncool to blame some stoner's goofy behavior on the fact that s/he's stoned because it's too easy to make a stoner self- conscious (and that sucks). It is more polite to allow everyone to enjoy the bud in their own way and not be judgmental of others.

The best attitude to have is to relax and enjoy the company and the surroundings. Bud is finicky that way--every experienced stoner knows that you should be in a good mood when stoning.

The_Leafy_Bug

Re: use good etiquette when getting lit
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 05:09:40 PM »
Etiquette

Bong etiquette seems to allow each person one lungful (inhalation) per turn. It is rude to start a breath over, even if due to bad lighting technique (wasted lung space). The exception is when delays are caused by a faulty lighter. The turn-taker is also allowed to finish the chamber of smoke (carbed) on a second breath. If a person doesn't get a good amount of smoke in a hit, they're allowed to smoke first (if going in order) from the new bowl.

The bong *and* lighter should be smoothly passed onto the next stoner. The veteran of stoners will have already extinguished the bowl so that no bud is wasted for the next person.

Etiquette for the host suggests that s/he provide his/her guests with a spittoon (garbage can), water, and munchies (optional, but very generous!). Needless to say, the ambience should be comfortable and inviting. Bud is best enjoyed in company and with entertainment, so bud should be shared with friends.

Bowl packers are subject to a much looser constraints. Since the person packing bowls is in essence doing everyone else a favor, few arguments can be made by the recipients. Bowl packers can be dictators and direct the route of the bong. They can also smoke as much of their own bud as they want, even if they're out of turn or whatever. The kindest bowl packers pack so much bud into a large bowl that the air can barely be sucked through it. They pass the bong around in order and re-pack the bowl liberally. Not everyone has the money to afford this philosophy, but stoners are usually generous people.

Usually the person packing bowls will take the first hit off a new bowl, but not always. When a fresh bowl is passed to someone else, it is a generous gesture towards that stoner.

While stoners can be obnoxious, they are all too often labeled as "bad stoners". This unfarly derisive term means that a stoner acts goofy while stoned. It's very uncool to blame some stoner's goofy behavior on the fact that s/he's stoned because it's too easy to make a stoner self- conscious (and that sucks). It is more polite to allow everyone to enjoy the bud in their own way and not be judgmental of others.

The best attitude to have is to relax and enjoy the company and the surroundings. Bud is finicky that way--every experienced stoner knows that you should be in a good mood when stoning.

Idiot

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »
enjoy your brain tumor.....
No doubt about it...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
well, add tbongz to the list of your nicknames..
follow the arrows

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
enjoy your brain tumor.....

The active ingredient in marijuana may help fight brain tumors, a new study suggests.

Researchers say the cannabinoids found in marijuana may aid in brain tumor treatment by targeting the genes needed for the tumors to sprout blood vessels and grow.

Their study showed that cannabinoids inhibited genes needed for the production of vascular growth factor (VEGF) in laboratory mice with glioma brain tumors and two patients with late-stage glioblastoma multiforme, a form of brain cancer.

VEGF is a protein that stimulates blood vessels to grow. Tumors need an abundant blood supply because they generally grow rapidly. So when VEGF is blocked, tumors starve from lack of blood supply and nutrients.

Blocking of VEGF constitutes one of the most promising tumor-fighting approaches currently available, says researcher Manuel Guzman, professor of biochemistry and molecular biology, at the Complutense University in Madrid, Spain, in a news release.

Guzman says the findings suggest VEGF may be a new target for cannabinoid-based treatments. Previous studies have shown that cannabinoids could inhibit the growth of tumor-associated blood vessels in mice, but until now little was known about how they worked.

The results of the study appear in the Aug. 15 issue of the journal Cancer Research.

:o

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
The active ingredient in marijuana may help fight brain tumors, a new study suggests.

Researchers say the cannabinoids found in marijuana may aid in brain tumor treatment by targeting the genes needed for the tumors to sprout blood vessels and grow.

Their study showed that cannabinoids inhibited genes needed for the production of vascular growth factor (VEGF) in laboratory mice with glioma brain tumors and two patients with late-stage glioblastoma multiforme, a form of brain cancer.

VEGF is a protein that stimulates blood vessels to grow. Tumors need an abundant blood supply because they generally grow rapidly. So when VEGF is blocked, tumors starve from lack of blood supply and nutrients.

Blocking of VEGF constitutes one of the most promising tumor-fighting approaches currently available, says researcher Manuel Guzman, professor of biochemistry and molecular biology, at the Complutense University in Madrid, Spain, in a news release.

Guzman says the findings suggest VEGF may be a new target for cannabinoid-based treatments. Previous studies have shown that cannabinoids could inhibit the growth of tumor-associated blood vessels in mice, but until now little was known about how they worked.

The results of the study appear in the Aug. 15 issue of the journal Cancer Research.

:o

Well in that case........i guess i will enjoy my brain tumor.
No doubt about it...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
All I know is that people that are high cause much less problems than those who are drunk. I'm pretty sure alcohol is way more toxic to your system as well.
from incomplete data

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »
Call me old school but even back when I did smoke I always just preferred a nicely rolled joint to all the bong and pipe gimmicks out there.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
All I know is that people that are high cause much less problems than those who are drunk. I'm pretty sure alcohol is way more toxic to your system as well.

Very good observation, no one gets plowed down by a stoned (on weed) driver  ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »
I normally smoke out of a joint, or a soda can. Not really a pipe/bong or blunt smoker. I just thought there was some funny insight into the mechanics and psychology of pothead verbal/nonverbal communication

Bowl packers are subject to a much looser constraints. Since the person packing bowls is in essence doing everyone else a favor, few arguments can be made by the recipients. Bowl packers can be dictators and direct the route of the bong. They can also smoke as much of their own bud as they want, even if they're out of turn or whatever. The kindest bowl packers pack so much bud into a large bowl that the air can barely be sucked through it. They pass the bong around in order and re-pack the bowl liberally. Not everyone has the money to afford this philosophy but stoners are usually generous people.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »

Very true. Not to mention you have no hangovers the next day.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »
Call me old school but even back when I did smoke I always just preferred a nicely rolled joint to all the bong and pipe gimmicks out there.

it is my knowledge that you can get 20x more stoned taking a rip from abong than said joint

joints are a lot more social method though

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »
Very good observation, no one gets plowed down by a stoned (on weed) driver  ;)

Not quite sure if you're sarcastic or not considering there's gotta be some cases of high people causing car accidents. I'm just saying weed causes less problems but it's still not suitable for driving around with in your system.

Just do something fun and safe when you're doing drugs(including alcohol).
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »
it is my knowledge that you can get 20x more stoned taking a rip from abong than said joint

joints are a lot more social method though
yes, more concentrated thc in the smoke. but you can just as easily get as lit by smoking the whole joint, instead of just taking one hit. then youll be just as high as a bong hit. but a big difference lies in the fact that when you smoke out of a bong or pipe, your not getting any tobacco or nicotine, and i find the combo of weed and tobacco produces a touch of depression. its still a cool high, but its a bit of a downer if you will.

the best way to smoke would be through a vaporizer, and also eating or smoking hash oil (or any type of thc concentrate).

personally a little bit of hash oil on a bit of weed, shoots me right up into a dimension of highness that is completely impossible to attain through any amount of smoked bud.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »
Idiot

me telling you and tbombz are idiots makes me an idiot as well

idiot
to-i-di

To I Die-Idiot
A

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »
why dont you losers keep all of these things for you, why do you think anyone cares? Are you in need of approval about what you re doing?

Like "hey, im not the only one, so it cant be bad" ... or "why dont you join me so i can feel better about what im doing to myself" ...

I dont need drugs to live a decent life, nor do i need alcohol or anything like that. "reality" isnt that tough to face to me that i need some "help"... I bet you morons consider your life is so "tough" you need some chemical help to "relax" ?  

Most of you spoiled girls dont even know what a tough life is.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »
why dont you losers keep all of these things for you, why do you think anyone cares? Are you in need of approval about what you re doing?

Like "hey, im not the only one, so it cant be bad" ... or "why dont you join me so i can feel better about what im doing to myself" ...

I dont need drugs to live a decent life, nor do i need alcohol or anything like that. "reality" isnt that tough to face to me that i need some "help"... I bet you morons consider your life is so "tough" you need some chemical help to "relax" ?  

wanna bang dog?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »

Sounds like you have the issues.

8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »

dude, please smoke with me. i really want you to smoke man. please. im gonna feel all lonely and insecure if you dont smoke with me.   :-\ pleaseeeee