Author Topic: Zinni: Don't Delay Decision on Afghan War  (Read 720 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Zinni: Don't Delay Decision on Afghan War
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:51:02 PM »
Zinni: Don't Delay Decision on Afghan War
CBS' "Face the Nation" ^ | October 4, 2009 | Michelle Levi

Posted on Sunday, October 04, 2009 8:53:39 PM by Lurkina.n.Learnin

(CBS) The former U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General Anthony Zinni, warned that the deliberations over whether to send additional troops to Afghanistan - as many as 40,000, as suggested by General Stanley McChrystal - should not go on too much longer, lest the debate be viewed as indecision or weakness.

On CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday, Zinni said it was positive to have a strategic debate and to take all opinions into account. "But I think we have to be careful how long this goes on," he told CBS News chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer. "It could be seen not only out there in the region but our allies, even [by] the enemy, as being indecisive, unable to make a decision."

He questioned why the White House is questioning the advice of their commander in Afghanistan, General McChrystal who made the request for additional troops.

(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________

10 soldiers dead today.  We need to stop voting "present" on the troop surge.

Either bring them home now or give them the troops.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Zinni: Don't Delay Decision on Afghan War
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:14:21 PM »
10 soldiers dead today.  We need to stop voting "present" on the troop surge.
Either bring them home now or give them the troops.

What legislation did Obama not vote on, which youre referring to?

Wait, are you saying you'd prefer Obama make a decision on the war before everyone with greater knowledbe weighs in?  The White house and gibbs made it clear this week the discussion time is NOW for opinions to be shared on what will help win affghan war.

You're mad he's listening to people like McChrystal and Zinni.  Bush, on the other hand, was "read, fire, aim!"  The people smarter than him are sharing their input, and he'll use it to make a decision. 

And let's face it... if obama made a decision before listening to wise men like this, you'd be bitching too. At this point, it's a safe bet you're going to shit on obama no matter what he does.  You're a palinbot and an anti-obama bot now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 05:28:58 AM »
What legislation did Obama not vote on, which youre referring to?

Wait, are you saying you'd prefer Obama make a decision on the war before everyone with greater knowledbe weighs in?  The White house and gibbs made it clear this week the discussion time is NOW for opinions to be shared on what will help win affghan war.

You're mad he's listening to people like McChrystal and Zinni.  Bush, on the other hand, was "read, fire, aim!"  The people smarter than him are sharing their input, and he'll use it to make a decision. 

And let's face it... if obama made a decision before listening to wise men like this, you'd be bitching too. At this point, it's a safe bet you're going to shit on obama no matter what he does.  You're a palinbot and an anti-obama bot now.

240 :

I will change my tune about the President in a heartbeat the second he decides to change his course on his radical agenda.  Until then, no dice. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:39:23 AM »
First off, he's not listening to Stan or Zinni..he's listening to Gen Biden and Gen Pelosi..Barry knows he can't get reelected and stay in Afghanistan. Bush made sure that P4 testified before Congress so that law makers could here what the "surge" was going to do and what it ment. Barry isn't allowing that, so Stan has made it clear that the Biden's "bomb them from robots" won't work. Now Barry is pissed and more to the point confused. As each day passes the war gets just a little harder to win...u don't just tell 40k troops.." hey guys get on a plane"...I think barry assumes thats how it works....Lib could give fuck all about the Military. We have to force generate those troops and then figure out where to house em and feed em..well before they get there, so they can start doing there friggen jobs as soon as they role in. If Barry wants to loose in Afghanistan...fine pull out and let Joe Biden run  it..but make a goddamm decision one way or another. If they were holding hearings and it actually made it look like they were deliberating, then fine. Barry went to Copenhagen and met with Stan for 25 friggen minutes. Bush used to meet with P4 weekly either in person or usually by VTC. WEEKLY!!! P4 convinced Bush that the surgew would work by these meetings...stan needs time to do the same or let Barry decide that he won't do it. Barry is weak and naive.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »
First off, he's not listening to Stan or Zinni..he's listening to Gen Biden and Gen Pelosi..Barry knows he can't get reelected and stay in Afghanistan. Bush made sure that P4 testified before Congress so that law makers could here what the "surge" was going to do and what it ment. Barry isn't allowing that, so Stan has made it clear that the Biden's "bomb them from robots" won't work. Now Barry is pissed and more to the point confused. As each day passes the war gets just a little harder to win...u don't just tell 40k troops.." hey guys get on a plane"...I think barry assumes thats how it works....Lib could give fuck all about the Military. We have to force generate those troops and then figure out where to house em and feed em..well before they get there, so they can start doing there friggen jobs as soon as they role in. If Barry wants to loose in Afghanistan...fine pull out and let Joe Biden run  it..but make a goddamm decision one way or another. If they were holding hearings and it actually made it look like they were deliberating, then fine. Barry went to Copenhagen and met with Stan for 25 friggen minutes. Bush used to meet with P4 weekly either in person or usually by VTC. WEEKLY!!! P4 convinced Bush that the surgew would work by these meetings...stan needs time to do the same or let Barry decide that he won't do it. Barry is weak and naive.

I cant imagine what familes of soldiers in the military must be thinking having this indecisive creep as C-I-C. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »
I cant imagine what familes of soldiers in the military must be thinking having this indecisive creep as C-I-C. 

And when bush laughed and 'searched for wmd under cushions in the white house while everyone laughed', they probably felt even more disgusted.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 11:51:13 AM »
And when bush laughed and 'searched for wmd under cushions in the white house while everyone laughed', they probably felt even more disgusted.

If your best defense of Obama is to always point out the failings of Bush, well . . . . . thats not saying much does it?

BTW - you can bash me all you like, thats fine, take issue with HH6's assessment of the situation since he knows more than me on this.   

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »
240 let me make it clear to u as easily as I can. Bush was in charge...we felt Bush was in charge and people were actually making friggen decisions. Bush took a huge chance on the surge..he bet on P4 and was right. Bush took action...he made a speech and then followed up. Barry makes a speech and then...makes another speech. 
L