Author Topic: PHIL HEATH on PBW - "What REALLY happened in Vegas?" (Listen Now)  (Read 8338 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Announcement - Episode #169

PBW Welcomes PHIL HEATH - "What REALLY happened in Vegas?" (Replay Available)

Coverage of the 2009 Olympia continues this week as PBW welcomes pre-contest favorite Phil Heath.  When the 29 year old arrived in Las Vegas for his second Olympia appearance, the bodybuilding world was preparing to usher in a new era.  But, this latest chapter in Phil's remarkable story did not begin the way he hoped....and it ended in 5th place. - Tune in this week as "The Gift" reflects back on his Las Vegas nightmare and responds to new questions surrounding his future. -- Also on this weeks show, a closer look at Kevin English's triumph at the Olympia's Under 202 Showdown. - Presented by MuscleTech, the official radio show of Olympia Weekend airs on Mondays at 8pm ET.

Now broadcasting at: www.ProBodybuildingDaily.com - (Replays courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)

Replay Update:  "The 2009 Olympia Report" - Featuring 3-Time Champ Jay Cutler (Now Available)

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend!

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
Re: PBW Welcomes PHIL HEATH - "What REALLY happened in Vegas?" (Tonight)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:33:50 AM »
If Heath shows up on Friday looking like he did on Saturday, he SQUASHES Kai and Branch.  :o
I

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:36 AM »
Sad thing is. I'm probably wider than phil heath

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 09:14:52 AM »

On Saturday night, Phil Heath was 3rd. 

http://getbig.com/results/e-mroly.htm

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »
Guess what?  Who cares?  He was "fif" and no one cares about "fif"....

He got food poisoning oh well, maybe next year.  How about winning a major show Phillip and then you're hype might be credible...

Till then, Kai Green will be his daddy.

He is akin to a 100lb chick with double ds.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »
Ask Heath bar if he feels betrayed by his babysitter rimjob. Food poisoning is a good excuse but it looks like handjob went with the bigger payday and devoted his attention to cutler.

Ask him how it feels to lose to kai greene after he talked so much shit about his physique.

Maybe next year he won't be so cocky and be able to think on his own without having to consult rimrod on when to eat.

Enjoy your dish...

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:38:50 PM »
Ask Heath bar if he feels betrayed by his babysitter rimjob. Food poisoning is a good excuse but it looks like handjob went with the bigger payday and devoted his attention to cutler.

Ask him how it feels to lose to kai greene after he talked so much shit about his physique.

Maybe next year he won't be so cocky and be able to think on his own without having to consult rimrod on when to eat.

Interesting.  It was like in Jerry Mcgwire when the agent was paying more attention to his star client, and than Cuba Gooding Jr got jealous  :D
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:40:18 AM »
Just listened to the broadcast.

If I can offer some constructive criticism.

Please, please learn to finish your sentences before you start up with another sentence! Sometimes I wonder what on earth you guys want to say. Often, it sounds like soundbite rambling.

Secondly, not everything you guys say has to be earth shattering.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 07:32:34 AM »
Guess what?  Who cares?  He was "fif" and no one cares about "fif"....

He got food poisoning oh well, maybe next year.  How about winning a major show Phillip and then you're hype might be credible...

Till then, Kai Green will be his daddy.

He is akin to a 100lb chick with double ds.

Agreed. Phil should let his physique do the talking, but I think it's too late for him now, his body is starting to retaliate already.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
If I was one of the top 5 guys in the sport, I'd probably require my guru not be working with anyone in the top 5 also.

I mean, you would never allow your football coach to be on the sideline making calls for BOTH SIDES during the game.  Plus, in the hypothetical sitation where Guru gets 10% of John Doe's winnings, and 15% of Ralph Smith's earnings... he has a vested financial interest in peaking one guy ahead of the other, right?

Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and $ doesn't play into such things, who knows.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 11:40:48 AM »
If I was one of the top 5 guys in the sport, I'd probably require my guru not be working with anyone in the top 5 also.

I mean, you would never allow your football coach to be on the sideline making calls for BOTH SIDES during the game.  Plus, in the hypothetical sitation where Guru gets 10% of John Doe's winnings, and 15% of Ralph Smith's earnings... he has a vested financial interest in peaking one guy ahead of the other, right?

Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and $ doesn't play into such things, who knows.

Money may or may not play a role...dont know what they've set up between them.

That said, there was no guarantee that either one would win, or that Phil wouldnt beat Jay or vice versa...so favoring one over the other would be stupid.  As for your analogy, it would be more like the head coach of a team looking out for his defense and offense equally, as the better they both do, the better his chances of winning.

In an ideal world, the trainer brings ALL his guys at 100% and lets the judges sort them out

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
Re: PHIL HEATH on PBW - "What REALLY happened in Vegas?" (Listen Now)
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
Good show...
A

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »
Listening to it now......I always listen out for it ...taped on 2sdays!
((-::

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »

For the 98 Olympia, Chad helped prepare 3 guys, 1 of whom won - Ronnie, Flex and Paul Dillett.

As for Phil, he didn't peak on Friday like he did on Saturday. He'd have placed an easy 2nd if he had.

I don't think he's cocky or arrogant at all. He's just confident and well spoken. During the pre-Olympia predictions, he predicted Jay to win and himself to place second, which was pretty close to what happened. And in one of the MD clips, he mentioned that he trains to win a contest, which is the kind of frame of mind someone in his situation ought to have.

Examples of being cocky / disrespectful would be Shawn Ray post 94 Olympia, when he said Dorian had a couple of years left to guest pose. Another example is Ronnie saying in 2004 that Jay needed to be reborn with better genetics to beat him. Phil is just saying that he trains to win, in no different a way than Kai and Oscar talked about Kai winning the Olympia on his debut. Nothing wrong with that.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 05:30:34 AM »
For the 98 Olympia, Chad helped prepare 3 guys, 1 of whom won - Ronnie, Flex and Paul Dillett.

As for Phil, he didn't peak on Friday like he did on Saturday. He'd have placed an easy 2nd if he had.

I don't think he's cocky or arrogant at all. He's just confident and well spoken. During the pre-Olympia predictions, he predicted Jay to win and himself to place second, which was pretty close to what happened. And in one of the MD clips, he mentioned that he trains to win a contest, which is the kind of frame of mind someone in his situation ought to have.

Examples of being cocky / disrespectful would be Shawn Ray post 94 Olympia, when he said Dorian had a couple of years left to guest pose. Another example is Ronnie saying in 2004 that Jay needed to be reborn with better genetics to beat him. Phil is just saying that he trains to win, in no different a way than Kai and Oscar talked about Kai winning the Olympia on his debut. Nothing wrong with that.

kiwiol are you claiming ronnie was wrong ?
175lbs by 31st July

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 02:57:44 PM »
what really happened = phil prep didn't go as planned = utilize the food poisoning excuse