Author Topic: Bill Ayeres: "I wrote Dreams of My Fathers"  (Read 20351 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Bill Ayeres: "I wrote Dreams of My Fathers"
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2011, 10:45:09 AM »
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
Bill Ayers No Dream

There I was, sitting in Reagan National Monday morning, sipping a Starbucks by the United counter before going through security. I had a little time, so I was browsing through the news. Some military guys had borrowed a chair from my table. I looked up from time to time to enjoy the sun streaming through. That's when I saw Bill Ayers, an instant blight. Scruffy, thinning beard, dippy earring, and the wirerims, heading to order. I gathered my things, got my camera ready, and snapped a shot right when he got his coffee.

I asked--what are you doing in D.C. Mr. Ayers?

For a moment I thought he might be on my flight back to Chicago. Charming. Initially I guess he thought I was laying claim to his coffee or something. He gave me an uneasy cheesy smile when he realized I was taking his picture. I asked him if he was speaking at GW? (Only I said GFW, guess I had the VFW on my mind) He said oh you mean GW, he said no...was trying to decide if I was a fan, then said he was giving a lecture in Arlington to a Renaissance group on education--that's what I do, education--you shouldn't believe everything you hear about me, you know nothing about me. I said, I know plenty--I'm from Chicago, a conservative blogger, and I'll post this. (Oh, yeah, Bill Ayers, quite the Renaissance man, nail-bomber extraordinaire. Gee, I see another friend of Barack, U.S. Sec. of Education Arne Duncan was there too. "The conference theme is “A Time for Reflection, Celebration and Rebirth.” How touching. At best, useless, at worst, so wrong.)

Then, unprompted he said--I wrote Dreams From My Father. I said, oh, so you admit it. He said--Michelle asked me to. I looked at him. He seemed eager. He's about my height, short. He went on to say--and if you can prove it, we can split the royalties. So I said, stop pulling my leg. Horrible thought. But he came again--I really wrote it, the wording was similar. I said I believe you probably heavily edited it. He said--I wrote it. I said--why would I believe you, you're a liar.

He had no answer to that. Just looked at me. Then he turned and walked off, and said again his bit about my proving it and splitting the proceeds.

But the question remains--is Barack Obama a fraud? Is his myth-making creation and only major accomplishment a product of Bill Ayers' imagination? (or his own) Is our President Barack Obama's biography written by an unrepentant domestic terrorist?

Perhaps I'll become Bill Ayers' favorite conservative blogger and he can prove his authorship himself--turn over your notes Bill. And how about turning yourself in for your crimes.

I remember that era, Mr. Ayers. People died because of your actions, including your girlfriend. More would have if you had been more successful. And yet you have the gall to teach the teachers of our young. I won't forget your murderous intent, your shameful acts, your contemptible lies and evasions. And when history is written, I hope you'll be reviled--or forgotten.

As for our President, the verdict is still out. But Barack Obama called Bill Ayers friend and colleague for years. That in itself makes a damning statement.

UPDATE: My friend John Ruberry, Marathon Pundit links with remarks. Chicago News Bench links as well. If I ever write a book (of my own), I will love Tom Mannis to do a blurb for the jacket.

UPDATE: Jack Cashill, who first fleshed out the theory that Ayers ghostwrote Obama's book, on the new unofficial bio of Barack and Michelle, at the end of September:
In his new book, "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage," Best-selling celebrity journalist, Christopher Andersen, has blown a huge hole in the Obama genius myth without intending to do so.

Relying on inside sources, quite possibly Michelle Obama herself, Andersen describes how Dreams came to be published -- just as I had envisioned it in my articles on the authorship of Dreams. With the deadline pressing, Michelle recommended that Barack seek advice from "his friend and Hyde Park neighbor Bill Ayers."
Read it all. Cashill's site here. Professor Ron Radosh with comments as well. James Simpson, DC Independent Examiner on the media silence.

More: Chicago Daily Observer links, lead story.

UPDATE: Comments enabled. Getting some email from conservatives, and one frustrated liberal:
Just admitted it. Unprompted. Just like that. Said he completely authored the entire Obama bio.
Almost as if he knew exactly what your most burning question for him would be.

What a load of horseshit. It even reads like fiction. But that's really all it takes to convince wingnuts. A lil innuendo.

Given all the circular links to reference other posts within your own blog, it seems you have a particularly unhealthy obsession.

It's a smart move on your part to not accept comments and feedback. Conservatives never cease to amaze me in the depths they will stoop to deceive.

I'm so glad your movement is fractured beyond near term repair. Enjoy your misery in the wilderness.

Cody Kessler

My response:

I enabled comments. Forgot to do it when I updated my format.

It wasn't my burning question at all. But it was obviously his.

I would have liked to ask, did you still feel you didn't bomb enough. But we were near security. In an airport. In D.C.
UPDATE: Just so readers know, I have been tracking Ayers for some time. I have an MBA from the University of Chicago. I've lived in the Chicago area for 30 years, so I know the Hyde Park and Chicago radical leftie milieu. And I first noted the release of his flag-stomping photo from the Hillary blog back during the campaign. My earliest posts on Ayers: Barack's Bomber Buddy, Taking Stock of Barack: A Radical Primer, Obama Responds on Che Flag, Judging Barack Obama, Clout List: Rezko Realtor on Obama Sale, Ayers-Dohrn SDS Reunion Tapes, Whiner Ayers, Ayers' Murderous Intent, The Trouble with Ayers, Fascist Obama Campaign, Obama's Founding Brothers, Subversives for Obama, Obama Ayers Khalidi

http://backyardconservative.blogspot.com/2009/10/bill-ayers-no-dream.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »
lame excuse (or proof that my other conclusion is reality)

you can totally discredit Obama, humiliate Ayers and if you don't want the money then you can donate the money to Palin or Bachmann

Watch the Cashill video I posted.   That is evidence enough for me.  Between the sentence structure, the numerous references to seamanship that bama would never know about and ayeres would suince he was a merchant mariner, the fact that no other writing hve similar prose or language, the fact that obama's other books are pure shit, the fact that bama has NEVER published a damn thing before or after remotely comparable to this, that bama blew the advance was under threat from the publisher to get this done, Anderson wrote in his book bama did not write Dreams, etc. 

Sorry Straw - just admit you were duped by a false narrative you WANTED to believe vs reality and all is cool.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »
Watch the Cashill video I posted.   That is evidence enough for me.  Between the sentence structure, the numerous references to seamanship that bama would never know about and ayeres would suince he was a merchant mariner, the fact that no other writing hve similar prose or language, the fact that obama's other books are pure shit, the fact that bama has NEVER published a damn thing before or after remotely comparable to this, that bama blew the advance was under threat from the publisher to get this done, Anderson wrote in his book bama did not write Dreams, etc.  

Sorry Straw - just admit you were duped by a false narrative you WANTED to believe vs reality and all is cool.      

I watched the video Ayers making an obvious joke at an idiot on camera  and like all jokes that one flew right over your head too

besides the obvious point that I couldn't give less of a shit who wrote Obama's book

why do you care so much about it to spend hours and hours of your life posting about it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »
I watched the video Ayers making an obvious joke at an idiot on camera  and like all jokes that one flew right over your head too

besides the obvious point that I couldn's give less of a shit who wrote Obama's book

why do you care so much about it to spend hours and hours of your life posting about it?

Because the Ayeres thing is hug in my mond since that is what propelled him into office in the first place.   Without "Dreams" he would nrever be where he is today.

Funny - Ayeres books all average 23 words per sentence, and Bama's "Dreams" averages . . . . . guess what . . . . .23 words per sentence! 

His other books are rambling nonsense that never make such vivd seamanship and oceanic referneces.  hhhmmm, wonder why?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
lol.... just to be clear - you had zero critisism for palin's two "books" - one was nothing but a bunch of rambling excuses at a 4th grade language level, and the other was a 'collection' of  patriotic quotes from google?

oh jeebus. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »
Because the Ayeres thing is hug in my mond since that is what propelled him into office in the first place.   Without "Dreams" he would nrever be where he is today.

Funny - Ayeres books all average 23 words per sentence, and Bama's "Dreams" averages . . . . . guess what . . . . .23 words per sentence!  

His other books are rambling nonsense that never make such vivd seamanship and oceanic referneces.  hhhmmm, wonder why?    

dude - you cannot be serious.  Now you're counting the words in sentences

you've lost your f'ng mind

Obama was losing until McCain chose Palin and then went wacko and shut down his campaign.    He gave the election to Obama and no one was thinking about a book when they voted for Obama

If you're so sure that Ayers wrote Obama's book and you think that actually matters then why not contact Trump and tell him you'll work on this for free and give any money you make to his campaign.    If anyone will believe  that crap (and think it's relevent) it will be Trump

Come on man - you'll be the most famous GetBigger and you'll prove once and for all that you not a stark raving lunatic

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »
lol.... just to be clear - you had zero critisism for palin's two "books" - one was nothing but a bunch of rambling excuses at a 4th grade language level, and the other was a 'collection' of  patriotic quotes from google?

oh jeebus. 

She admitted to having a ghost writer.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
dude - you cannot be serious.  Now you're counting the words in sentences

you've lost your f'ng mind

Obama was losing until McCain chose Palin and then went wacko and shut down his campaign.    He gave the election to Obama and no one was thinking about a book when they voted for Obama

If you're so sure that Ayers wrote Obama's book and you think that actually matters then why not contact Trump and tell him you'll work on this for free and give any money you make to his campaign.    If anyone will believe  that crap (and think it's relevent) it will be Trump

Come on man - you'll be the most famous GetBigger and you'll prove once and for all that you not a stark raving lunatic

Watch the video.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
She admitted to having a ghost writer.   

A ghostwriter is a professional writer who is paid to write books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person.

Obama admits Ayers did a lot of writing in that book.  You posted it above.

The only diff is, Palin says "I used a ghost writer" and obama says "Ayers helped me finish it".

Wow, THAT is what you're picking at?  He says he was helped but doesn't use the exact word 'ghostwriter' that you seek?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
A ghostwriter is a professional writer who is paid to write books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person.

Obama admits Ayers did a lot of writing in that book.  You posted it above.

The only diff is, Palin says "I used a ghost writer" and obama says "Ayers helped me finish it".

Wow, THAT is what you're picking at?  He says he was helped but doesn't use the exact word 'ghostwriter' that you seek?

he did?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
June 12, 2011
Why UK's Daily Mail Got Cold Feet on 'Dreams' Fraud
By Jack Cashill
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/why_uks_daily_mail_got_cold_feet_on_dreams_fraud.html

More than three months after the release of my book Deconstructing Obama, I am still waiting for the first serious review in a print publication of consequence, mainstream or conservative.

The United Kingdom's Daily Mail -- more specifically its sister publication, The Mail on Sunday -- got very close to breaking the most consequential literary fraud of our time but got cold feet at the last minute for reasons that had almost nothing to do with my book.

I write this now not to chastise the Mail but to encourage its editors to pursue a story that remains as relevant as it did two months ago and to thank them for making good on the article they commissioned.

I will also explain what chilled their feet.

The Mail editors first contacted me at the end of March and asked me to write a 1500-word piece.  They were helpful throughout and very encouraging.  For those not familiar with the controversy, the first paragraph of my unpublished article, shaped with the Mail's editorial guidance, sums it up:

Did President Barack Obama write his best-selling, 1995 memoir Dreams from my Father?  Or was this political masterpiece -- according to Time Magazine, the "best written-memoir ever produced by an American politician" -- actually penned by a ghostwriter, a former urban terrorist at that?

The Mail editors understood the potential political impact of what I was writing.  "Obama's association with [Bill] Ayers, a man who made "unrepentant" a household word during the 2008 campaign, nearly derailed Obama's trip to the White House," I wrote.  "A confirmation of this association today could undo Obama's ambitions for 2012."

There was much editorial back and forth.  The editors helped me craft the piece around what they considered the most salient proofs in my book in light of the knowledge base of their audience.  As I understood it, they intended to support my piece with editorial, likely of a pro-con style.

I wrote about Ayers's own only half-ironic admissions, Donald Trump's bold repetition of my thesis, as well as celebrity biographer Christopher Anderson's confirmation in his book, Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage.  This 7-minute video synopsis sums up much of my argument.

After I submitted a 1500-word article, the editors asked for a thousand words more.  This enabled me to explore at least briefly the textual similarities between Dreams and Ayers's writing that first caught my attention.

These include the 55 or so maritime allusions used by both Ayers and Obama; their shared "rage"; the matching Homeric structures of their respective memoirs; and their relentless postmodern talk of constructed realities, of narratives, of fictions, of interior struggles, of uncertain memories, of metaphorical journeys, of traps, of contradictions, of correctives, of rewritten personal histories.  The pair also dabbled in advanced postmodern slang -- the "grooves" into which they have fallen, the "poses" they assume, and even the "stitched together" nature of their lives.

In their reading of my book, the Mail editors were struck by the focus on eyes and eyebrows both in Dreams and in Ayers's memoir Fugitive Days.  Ayers, for instance, writes of "sparkling" eyes, "shining" eyes, "laughing" eyes, "twinkling" eyes, and people who are "wide-eyed" and "dark-eyed."  As it happens, Obama also writes of "sparkling" eyes, "shining" eyes, "laughing" eyes, "twinkling" eyes, and uses the phrases "wide-eyed" and "dark-eyed."

Obama is the rare writer to fix on eyebrows -- heavy ones, bushy ones, wispy ones.  There are seven references to "eyebrows" in Dreams.  There are six references to eyebrows in Fugitive Days, an eyebrow-fixation that borders on fetish.

The editors asked me to explain computer-based literary forensics, and this I did too.  As I noted, the most sophisticated study on this subject came from Chris Yavelow, a composer who has helped pioneer what he calls "computational corpus linguistics."  His 27-page report compared Dreams with Fugitive Days on any number of variables: attributions, characters per word, syllables per word, sentence length, structure, flow, paragraph length, readability, verb use, modifiers, contractions, redundancies, clichés, and more.

Every variable Yavelow tested -- save, tellingly, for dialogue -- argued for shared authorship.  On the subject of clichés, for instance, Yavelow noted that out of more than 3,000 clichés, the two memoirs used less than 7 percent and had 62 percent of them in common.  "And, not only in common," Yavelow wrote, "but often in a nearly corresponding position on the distribution list."

Concluded Yavelow, "There is a strong possibility that the author of Fugitive Days ghost wrote Dreams From My Father using recordings of dialog (either tape recordings or notes).  Alternatively, another scenario might be possible:  Ayers might have served as a 'book doctor' for Obama and given extreme license to edit and rewrite."

I explained too that before Dreams was published, Obama had nothing in print save for two ungainly, amateurish articles.  For the ten years after Dreams, he wrote only a pedestrian column in the neighborhood newspaper, the Hyde Park Herald.  If he wrote a single inspired or imaginative sentence during those years, I was not able to find it.

In 2006, after receiving a lucrative advance, Obama produced The Audacity of Hope, a workmanlike book written in a style obviously different from Dreams.  Knowing its genesis, a rebellious Ayers accurately, if a bit harshly, dismissed it as a "political hack book."  It reads, in fact, like a strategic feint to the political center crafted with the presidency in mind and created by committee.  No fewer than 24 people are listed in the acknowledgements section as having provided "invaluable suggestions" in its manufacture.

The New York Times' Michiko Kakutani had earlier observed that portions of Audacity sound like "outtakes from a stump speech," and she was righter than she knew.  At least 38 passages from Obama speeches delivered in 2005 or 2006 appear virtually word for word as ordinary text in Audacity.

As I conceded to the Mail editors, however, shy of a serious confession by those involved, I would not be able to prove to the satisfaction of, say, Chris Matthews that Obama did not write Dreams or Audacity by himself.

Still, to credit Dreams to Obama alone, one must posit any number of near miraculous variables: he somehow found the time, learned nautical jargon, mastered postmodern jabberwocky, unleashed his heretofore hidden rage, and transformed himself from stumbling amateur to literary superstar without paper trail or even practice.

To credit Audacity to Obama alone, one has to posit several additional variables: after letting his talent lie fallow for a decade, he adopted a modified and less competent style and churned out nearly 50 pages a week despite his 12-hour days as a freshman senator.  To suggest Ayers largely wrote Dreams takes no stretch of the imagination at all.  To suggest Ayers wrote Audacity clearly insults him.

Up until April 27, the Mail editors thought the subject of Obama's counterfeit literary career worthy of a public airing.  I suspect they still do.  But it was on that date, after three years of playing an un-presidential game of hide-the-baloney, President Obama produced at least ersatz baloney, namely a birth certificate of uncertain legitimacy.

Although I had not written about the birth certificate, I got caught in the post-birth certificate cold front that swept out of Washington and chilled debate around the world.

For some very good reasons, editorial feet are beginning to thaw, at least a liitle.  It is not too late for the Mail to stand up to the literary poseur in the White House, and God knows it is long past due for a conservative publication to do the same.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2011, 05:36:19 AM »
Early Obama Letter Confirms Inability to Write
By Jack Cashill

On November 16, 1990, Barack Obama, then president of the Harvard Law Review, published a letter in the Harvard Law Record, an independent Harvard Law School newspaper, championing affirmative action.

Although a paragraph from this letter was excerpted in David Remnick's biography of Obama, The Bridge, I had not seen the letter in its entirety before this week.  Not surprisingly, it confirms everything I know about Barack Obama, the writer and thinker.

Obama was prompted to write by an earlier letter from a Mr. Jim Chen that criticized Harvard Law Review's affirmative action policies.  Specifically, Chen had argued that affirmative action stigmatized its presumed beneficiaries.

The response is classic Obama: patronizing, dishonest, syntactically muddled, and grammatically challenged.  In the very first sentence Obama leads with his signature failing, one on full display in his earlier published work: his inability to make subject and predicate agree.

"Since the merits of the Law Review's selection policy has been the subject of commentary for the last three issues," wrote Obama, "I'd like to take the time to clarify exactly how our selection process works."

If Obama were as smart as a fifth-grader, he would know, of course, that "merits ... have."  Were there such a thing as a literary Darwin Award, Obama could have won it on this on one sentence alone.  He had vindicated Chen in his first ten words.

Although the letter is less than a thousand words long, Obama repeats the subject-predicate error at least two more times.  In one sentence, he seemingly cannot make up his mind as to which verb option is correct so he tries both: "Approximately half of this first batch is chosen ... the other half are selected ... "

Another distinctive Obama flaw is to allow a string of words to float in space.  Please note the unanchored phrase in italics at the end of this sentence:

"No editors on the Review will ever know whether any given editor was selected on the basis of grades, writing competition, or affirmative action, and no editors who were selected with affirmative action in mind."

Huh?

The next lengthy sentence highlights a few superficial style flaws and a much deeper flaw in Obama's political philosophy.

I would therefore agree with the suggestion that in the future, our concern in this area is most appropriately directed at any employer who would even insinuate that someone with Mr. Chen's extraordinary record of academic success might be somehow unqualified for work in a corporate law firm, or that such success might be somehow undeserved.

Obama would finish his acclaimed memoir, Dreams from My Father, about four years later.  Prior to Dreams, and for the nine years following, everything Obama wrote was, like the above sentence, an uninspired assemblage of words with a nearly random application of commas and tenses.

Unaided, Obama tends to the awkward, passive, and verbose.  The phrase "our concern in this area is most appropriately directed at any employer" would more profitably read, "we should focus on the employer." "Concern" is simply the wrong word.

Scarier than Obama's style, however, is his thinking. A neophyte race-hustler after his three years in Chicago, Obama is keen to browbeat those who would "even insinuate" that affirmative action rewards the undeserving, results in inappropriate job placements, or stigmatizes its presumed beneficiaries.

In the case of Michelle Obama, affirmative action did all three.  The partners at Sidley Austin learned this the hard way.  In 1988, they hired her out of Harvard Law under the impression that the degree meant something.  It did not.  By 1991, Michelle was working in the public sector as an assistant to the mayor.  By 1993, she had given up her law license.

Had the partners investigated Michelle's background, they would have foreseen the disaster to come.  Sympathetic biographer Liza Mundy writes, "Michelle frequently deplores the modern reliance on test scores, describing herself as a person who did not test well."

She did not write well, either.  Mundy charitably describes her senior thesis at Princeton as "dense and turgid."  The less charitable Christopher Hitchens observes, "To describe [the thesis] as hard to read would be a mistake; the thesis cannot be 'read' at all, in the strict sense of the verb.  This is because it wasn't written in any known language."

Michelle had to have been as anxious at Harvard Law as Bart Simpson was at Genius School.  Almost assuredly, the gap between her writing and that of her highly talented colleagues marked her as an affirmative action admission, and the profs finessed her through.

In a similar vein, Barack Obama was named an editor of the Harvard Law Review.  Although his description of the Law Review's selection process defies easy comprehension, apparently, after the best candidates are chosen, there remains "a pool of qualified candidates whose grades or writing competition scores do not significantly differ."  These sound like the kids at Lake Woebegone, all above average.  Out of this pool, Obama continues, "the Selection Committee may take race or physical handicap into account."

To his credit, Obama concedes that he "may have benefited from the Law Review's affirmative action policy."  This did not strike him as unusual as he "undoubtedly benefited from affirmative action programs during my academic career."

On the basis of his being elected president of Law Review -- a popularity contest -- Obama was awarded a six-figure contract to write a book.  To this point, he had not shown a hint of promise as a writer, but Simon & Schuster, like Sidley Austin, took the Harvard credential seriously.  It should not have.  For three years Obama floundered as badly as Michelle had at Sidley Austin.  Simon & Schuster finally pulled the contract.

Then Obama found his muse -- right in the neighborhood, as it turns out!  And promptly, without further ado, the awkward, passive, ungrammatical Obama, a man who had not written one inspired sentence in his whole life, published what Time Magazine called "the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."

To question the nature of that production, I have learned, is to risk the abuse promised to Mr. Chen's theoretical employer.  After all, who would challenge Obama's obvious talent -- or that of any affirmative action beneficiary -- but those blinded by what Obama calls "deep-rooted ignorance and bias"?

What else could it be?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/08/early_obama_letter_confirms_inability_to_write.html

________________________ ____________

Booom! ! ! !

So much for the brilliant harvard lawyer and his grifter wife.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2012, 07:08:34 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/files/FictionFixer-Obama-Ayers-3.pdf

damn - hard for the thugs to dispute this. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
Trust: We know ObamaCare was sold on a lie, but what about the Obama presidency itself? Rumors that Obama's violent leftist pal Bill Ayers ghostwrote the memoir that launched his political career may actually be true.

Obama has always claimed authorship of his bestselling "Dreams From My Father."

But Ayers is telling a different story. In promoting his new book, "Public Enemy," Ayers' publisher, Beacon Press, has written a blurb on Amazon.com that says Ayers "finally 'confesses' that he did write 'Dreams From My Father.'"

The boast appears in other promotions for the book as well. For instance, a Baltimore bookstore — Red Emma's — last week posted a similar claim that Ayers penned Obama's memoir as part of an announcement for a book-signing event at the leftist coffeehouse.

The reprehensible former terrorist twice before laid claim to Obama's book — once during a post-election interview and again during a speech two years ago.

In October 2009, Ayers told an interviewer at Reagan National Airport in Washington that he wrote "Dreams From My Father." Asked if he meant he "heavily edited" the book for his friend, Ayers insisted, "I wrote it."

He added that Michelle Obama asked him to help Obama, who had blown deadlines and was struggling with delivering a manuscript.

Then in March 2011, Ayers revealed his role in the book after giving a speech at Montclair State University in New Jersey. During a question-and-answer session, a member of the audience remarked how well Obama's first memoir was written.

Ayers agreed and offered that Obama's second autobiography — "Audacity of Hope" — paled in comparison. He said "the second one was more of a political hack book, but the first book's quite good."

Then Ayers volunteered, "Did you know I wrote it?"

"What's that?" the startled questioner asked.

"I wrote 'Dreams From My Father,'" Ayers asserted.

Obama's media protectors wrote those statements off as "sarcasm." But now Ayers is publishing the claim.

It's not as far-fetched as it sounds.

Ayers befriended Obama and his new wife well before Random House published his book in June 1995.

Ayers and Obama worked together on a panel approving grants for far-left causes. Later that year, Ayers and his radical wife launched Obama's political career during a fundraiser at their Hyde Park home.

If Ayers, who was an accomplished writer, aided Obama, it was a godsend.

Obama had a bad case of writer's block and couldn't produce. He had contracted to write his memoir almost five years earlier, when Simon & Schuster had given him a $125,000 contract after he was elected the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. After Obama missed several deadlines, Simon & Schuster canceled the contract. Random House picked it up.

The writing style in "Dreams" differs markedly from "Audacity," which is comparatively dry and straightforward prose. The narrative in the first memoir has literary flourishes common to Ayers' own books.

What difference does it make now?

If someone else wrote the book the president has repeatedly claimed he did — a book that proved significant in his election and earned him millions in late royalties — it not only exposes him as a fraud, but further indicts the national media for failing to properly vet him.

In fact, the media elite used the book to help promote him for the presidency. Time magazine, for one, gushed that "Dreams From My Father" "may be the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."

Others waxed proudly about how his tangled and biracial life story reflected "the diversity of America."

But this myth-making was recently busted by Obama biographer David Maraniss, who documented at least 38 instances in the president's life story that were fabricated. Obama made up people, events and history. Much of the book was pure fiction.

The real story may be that Obama was deeper in bed with an unrepentant America-hating militant socialist than he has admitted.

Did America elect a fiction to the White House? Are voters victims of an elaborate con? It's high time the national media started asking hard questions.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/112613-680812-bill-ayers-claims-authorship-of-obama-dreams-memoir.htm#ixzz2lrzBCNVe
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »
LOL - still flogging this nonsense

does your brain really crave something to obsess over that badly

didnt Ayers offer to share the profits with anyone who could prove he wrote Obama's book

why don't you and Jack Cashill team up on that

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »
LOL - still flogging this nonsense

does your brain really crave something to obsess over that badly

didnt Ayers offer to share the profits with anyone who could prove he wrote Obama's book

why don't you and Jack Cashill team up on that

Ayers admitted it 3 x now.  Deal with it - your Kenyan fag drug addicted messiah is a complete fraud

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2013, 10:39:23 AM »
Ayers admitted it 3 x now.  Deal with it - your Kenyan fag drug addicted messiah is a complete fraud

of course he did

why don't you take him up on his offer and cash in

you don't seem to have anything better to do and it seems like your investigation into how Ayers murdered Breitbart isn't going anywhere

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:32 PM »
Bump  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
BUMP

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
BUMP 

BUMP 

Bump  ;D

BUMP

Damn this midget is melting down like crazy today.  I bet mommy makes him wear a life vest when he is sitting at the computer so he doesn't drown in his own tears.