Author Topic: We don't (The US) have a gun violence problem....  (Read 879 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
We don't (The US) have a gun violence problem....
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
All these ghetto jackass's skew the statistics.

If it wasn't for them killing each other off, our gun crime rates would dramatically drop.

S

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: We don't (The US) have a gun violence problem....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
Well most Americans just don't think it is a good idea to go around shooting people.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:54:12 AM »
Well most Americans just don't think it is a good idea to go around shooting people.

Sadly, a small tiny percentage of the population accounts for, and is responsible for, the majority of violent crime on this country. 

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:26:00 AM »
All these ghetto jackass's skew the statistics.

If it wasn't for them killing each other off, our gun crime rates would dramatically drop.

No you really do...name me another country where four (sometimes far more) school shootings a year is completely normal. Forget the damn ghettos, Kids bringing guns into school is fucked up, no matter which way you look at it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 07:18:16 AM »
No you really do...name me another country where four (sometimes far more) school shootings a year is completely normal. Forget the damn ghettos, Kids bringing guns into school is fucked up, no matter which way you look at it.
LOL dude im not saying we do or dont but that logic is horrible, you have kids in japan slicing ppl with knives placing other kids heads on fences of their school, you have ppl in the Middle East bombing schools.

First of all our population size is much greater then the majority of other countries out there so the instances in our country would naturally be higher. Second of all if it wasnt guns it would be something else whether ppl think we have a "gun" problem or not we DONT. We have a culture problem or perhaps a sub culture problem in which shit like that seems like a good idea.

Even if we take away guns you really think that will stop these retards? well then its not really a gun problem is it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 07:19:31 AM »
LOL dude im not saying we do or dont but that logic is horrible, you have kids in japan slicing ppl with knives placing other kids heads on fences of their school, you have ppl in the Middle East bombing schools.

First of all our population size is much greater then the majority of other countries out there so the instances in our country would naturally be higher. Second of all if it wasnt guns it would be something else whether ppl think we have a "gun" problem or not we DONT. We have a culture problem or perhaps a sub culture problem in which shit like that seems like a good idea.

Even if we take away guns you really think that will stop these retards? well then its not really a gun problem is it?

We have a thug problem. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »
We have a thug problem. 

x2

No gun problem, it's a people problem.

But maybe if we keep dumping money into 'educating' the problems....

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »
It's a culture problem.  A problem that violence solves everything.  Look at the war hawks on here laughing at Obama for trying to talk to Iran rather than just attacking them.  The fact that guns are prevalent just adds to the ease of which violence can be used.  America would still have high violence rate with stricter gun control, perhaps less deaths but that doesn't solve the cultural issue.  Which is talk is cheap use your fist, guns or army. 
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »
It's a culture problem.  A problem that violence solves everything.  Look at the war hawks on here laughing at Obama for trying to talk to Iran rather than just attacking them.  The fact that guns are prevalent just adds to the ease of which violence can be used.  America would still have high violence rate with stricter gun control, perhaps less deaths but that doesn't solve the cultural issue.  Which is talk is cheap use your fist, guns or army. 
good point horrible example

thats like saying "lets just talk" to a guy who is reaching for his gun  ::)

there are times for talk and times for action and action doesnt even need to be military action but simply talking to Iran hasnt and wont work. I think just about anybody can see that its not working Iran is simply buying more time to do what they want without repercussions.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »
The gun problem is certainly much worse in the urban areas, although definitely not isolated to them...but what can we do?  If we ban guns, the criminals generally still get them.

I know I'll get flack for this, but what if we banned handguns...I mean you can still use a rifle for home protection and hunting, which I absolutely support as a constitutional right.  If we could ensure that by banning handguns, they would be much less accessable to criminals, I'd consider supporting it...as long as they never take away the right to own a rifle, as protected by the constitution.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:16 AM »
The gun problem is certainly much worse in the urban areas, although definitely not isolated to them...but what can we do?  If we ban guns, the criminals generally still get them.

I know I'll get flack for this, but what if we banned handguns...I mean you can still use a rifle for home protection and hunting, which I absolutely support as a constitutional right.  If we could ensure that by banning handguns, they would be much less accessable to criminals, I'd consider supporting it...as long as they never take away the right to own a rifle, as protected by the constitution.

I have a gun problem myself.   Actually 34 problems and counting.   ;D  ;D  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 11:23:42 AM »

criminals would still have hand guns ill give you that less would have them under a ban but many would still have them they would also simply use more assault rifles and shot guns.

What justification would you have for banning hand guns? could that justification for banning hand guns be used to ban rifles and shotguns down the road? If it could you know certain ppl in congress would try to use to do so.

This is the problem with the idea of "well its whats best for society" b/c that idea can be used and applied to anything to justify any agenda.

the constitution is the only basis for which decisions need be made.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 12:01:52 PM »

The second amendment isn't about "hunting" or "home protection"  :-X
S

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
good point horrible example

thats like saying "lets just talk" to a guy who is reaching for his gun  ::)

there are times for talk and times for action and action doesnt even need to be military action but simply talking to Iran hasnt and wont work. I think just about anybody can see that its not working Iran is simply buying more time to do what they want without repercussions.

Well I disagree.  Iran agreed to UN inspectors for their newest facility.  Talking can and does work, it's not the only option and it won't always work, but you can't always 'reach for the gun' so quickly as happened with Iraq.  
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »
Well I disagree.  Iran agreed to UN inspectors for their newest facility.  Talking can and does work, it's not the only option and it won't always work, but you can't always 'reach for the gun' so quickly as happened with Iraq.  

Yeah, talking with Iran and NK worked real well in the past. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »
They way I understand it, the second ammendment was designed to enable citizens to bear arms against anything that took away their liberties as a group, specifically including an oppressive government.  The ability to hunt and protect one's home was never in question during the countries earlier days, it was a given.

I understand the slippery slope, that's why I would be cautious in proposing a ban on handguns...just throwing it out.  We need to decrease gun violence.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 12:12:16 PM »
They way I understand it, the second ammendment was designed to enable citizens to bear arms against anything that took away their liberties as a group, specifically including an oppressive government.  The ability to hunt and protect one's home was never in question during the countries earlier days, it was a given.

I understand the slippery slope, that's why I would be cautious in proposing a ban on handguns...just throwing it out.  We need to decrease gun violence.

I have no problems with background checks and training requirements.  Otherwise, all law abiding citizens should be able to have CCW 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »
I have no problems with background checks and training requirements.  Otherwise, all law abiding citizens should be able to have CCW 

And be able to carry them in all fifty states.  My right to protect myself and family doesn't end at another state's borders.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
supposedly in a few months they will...lets see what happens by then

they also have started on another nuclear facility as well

again what makes you think this is anything else but them buying yet even more time?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
The Pentagon just go cash to develop massive bunker busters....nothing is off the table with Iran. Barry had a chance to back change everybody could believe in, in Iran and failed..he's a joke.
L