Author Topic: pm question answered  (Read 18982 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: pm question answered
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »
The question was what firearms you had and what was seized and why? if you don't feel like disclosing specifics I understand.

Well, I had a bunch and I'd really have to sit down and take stock of all the guns that I possessed. A lot was also stored at my uncles house because the place I was staying at at the time was very small.

But they simply took them all, legal and illegal. The ones that were illegal were the AR, Mak-90, SKS, some Russian one that I forget the name of. There may have been others I can't be sure because of different state laws. I had a sweet Benelli that they took. My sentimental favorite the Ruger P-89 (cheap but sturdy gun that I would just shoot the crap out of and never clean. They took my carry gun the Glock 19. I had some customized 1911 that I use for competition.

Crap man, you're making me cry. Now, I'm angry. Those fascist! I want my guns back!! They were my pride and joy.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
BTW, people who are not into guns have a lot of preconceived notions. Like if you have a lot of guns you are more dangerous when in reality you can only shoot one at a time. My first gun instructor had over 350 firearms in his house. Why does anyone need 350 firearms? Well, you don't. But in a presumably free society what you decide to own isn't always or only based on need. Why does someone need 5 TV sets? Why do you need a Shelby Mustang or a Corvette? How many shoes do you need? 

Also, what's  considered a lot to one may not be to others. There were some sweet handguns that I had on my shopping list. To put it in a bodybuilding perspective, say a clueless cop finds 50 amps of omnas in a bodybuilder's closet. They will think WTF? What kind of drug addict is this guy? Whereas in reality 50 amps for a competitive bodybuilder is at minimum a 10 week supply. So it's all relative.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »
I use to teach a class in firearm awareness and there was this demonstration I use to do with the Ruger mini-14. I would show two versions, not telling they were the exact same rifle. They would unanimously agree that the "Black" version should be outlawed and when I would take it apart and prove that they were the EXACT same firearm it would put a different perspective on things.

dustin

« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I think that getting charged with unregistered firearms, by a technicality, is nothing to laugh at someone for. It's just arguing semantics. It's not like he bought a 9mm off Jamal in a back alley someone to bust up some crazy ass niggas. Who gives a fuck? Bunch of whiny grannies.

In any event, you're not a bad guy, pellius. Sorry about the skin comment. I'm sure that without that tan you look a lot more terrestrial lol.. I aspire to be as lean as you soon enough, just a little bigger. It's good that you're staying in shape and living the good life. Sounds like you had a good thing going but whatever. Life is what you make of it now. No need to dwell on the past. You're living in the present so that's all that matters.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2009, 01:32:39 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I think that getting charged with unregistered firearms, by a technicality, is nothing to laugh at someone for. It's just arguing semantics. It's not like he bought a 9mm off Jamal in a back alley someone to bust up some crazy ass niggas. Who gives a fuck? Bunch of whiny grannies.

In any event, you're not a bad guy, pellius. Sorry about the skin comment. I'm sure that without that tan you look a lot more terrestrial lol.. I aspire to be as lean as you soon enough, just a little bigger. It's good that you're staying in shape and living the good life. Sounds like you had a good thing going but whatever. Life is what you make of it now. No need to dwell on the past. You're living in the present so that's all that matters.

Thanks Dustin. I'll try to use more sun block.

About the situation, it was just bad luck and sloppy judgment. gh15 always says that LE are not concerned with personal users but he was assuming that you're not an idiot. If you spit in their face they have to do something. Cops here don't give a crap if you smoke pakalolo as 80% of the population here does. Including LE. It's just part of the culture. But it's still illegal and if you blow the smoke in their face you're going to jail.

LE was cool. Once it became clear what the situation was they weren't going to bother with it. If I want my guns back then I am the one that will have to pursue it but a good friend of mine that I went to high school with and is in the department said that just count your blessings and let it go.

It was kind of funny as I was sitting in the garage BSing with some of the detectives as my place was being trashed and they were hauling out my arsenal as my neighbors looked on in horror (talk about embarrassment) when I saw one of them taking my beloved Glock 19 (which saved my ass on more than one occasion when I was living in Inglewood, CA) I just instinctively called out, "No, please. Not the Glock!" The officer just looked at me and shook his head. The detective I was talking to just said, "Yeah, I can imagine how you feel."

Life has it's up and downs. But I live in a nice rural area where there's no traffic or crowds. The gravel and dirt roads are a pain when it rains. I have to wear ear plugs because I don't get up as early as the freakin' roosters. It's no fun when I came home last Wednesday only to see a spider as big as my head right over the sofa (I always think of OnlyMe when I see a huge spider (time out in peace, big guy)). And a couple of months ago I left a half eaten plate lunch in my truck only to find in the morning a bunch of monster river rats on my front seat tearing it apart. And those fukers don't scare easy. I had to go a few rounds with a broom before I could get them out of there. But at least I don't have to do yard work (you can't cut a jungle) and it's quiet at night and I can actually see stars in the sky. And once the locals get use to you they become your extended family and have your back.

Hah! Speak of the devil. As I was typing this a mouse just slip in under my door but just got snagged by those sticky traps that I keep on each side. I catch one every couple of weeks. I love watching them try to wiggle out with this expression like "Oh shit, what just happened? I can't move!"

Yeah, so it's a matter of trade offs. I'm sure Benny Blanco's mansion is way bigger than my grass hut and his pay check makes me look like a poor man. But I can look out one window and see (and walk to) the Pacific ocean and look out the other window and see the Koolau mountain range. And the set of Lost is exactly 3 miles from my garage. Oh, and I also get to be gh15's neighbor when he's in town. That's something a fat paycheck can't buy.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2009, 06:03:59 AM »
:-*

seva looking like a stalion in this pic  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »
seva looking like a stalion in this pic  ;D
:D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:24 AM »
Yet, they have the money to send a SWAT team for a $190 order for testosterone.
More common than you think. Once you've militarized your police force and provided it with a nice budget, you have to use it or lose it. So, you get these 'SWAT' teams busting up picnics, etc. Funny, but not funny.  ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2009, 11:44:13 AM »
 ;)