Author Topic: Roddy Piper News  (Read 3154 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Roddy Piper News
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer.

According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.

Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumour on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return
to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.

PWI is now reporting that Roddy's cancer buzz is just a rumor.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/42056/important-update-on-roddy-piper.html?p=1

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Terrible Roddy Piper News
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
Where did you read this?

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:39:37 AM »
That sucks. I hadn't even heard that Piper had cancer to start with?

mass 04

• Getbig V

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »
According to a well-placed source within World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon has informed creative to prepare to scrap a segment or two for next week's Raw as he is planning on running a few video tributes honoring the wrestling legend — just in case.

They're expecting he could go as early as 1 week?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »
Mass:
I would like to do a Roddy Piper tribute thread.
I can probably start it by the end of next week.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 10:51:40 AM »
Mass:
I would like to do a Roddy Piper tribute thread.
I can probably start it by the end of next week.

Great idea. I really hope this is just more internet "reporting", but i read a few weeks ago that he pulled out of some European shows because of an illness. He's a tough sob so hopefully it's not true.s

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
Nothing's been mentioned either way on his site, which did updates when he was first diagnosed a few years ago.

The "story" is believable, though.

Cancer is a real muther-fukker.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 11:10:14 AM »
I hadn't saw it on 1wrestling yet.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
As reported yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper was recently forced to pull out of a number of previously scheduled appearances as a result of a serious illness. In a sad update on the situation, I can confirm that his cancer has returned. However, this time it's believed to be terminal as he's not expected to live much longer.

Piper, 55, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2006 after doctors found a cancerous tumour on a disc in his spine. Back discomfort had forced Piper to leave WWE's tour of Europe and return to North America in order to undergo surgery. In the weeks that followed, Piper spent the majority of his time in a local hospital, undergoing extensive radiation treatment in hopes of vanquishing the cancer that had invaded his body. While the cancer would eventually disappear, as noted, it recently returned.

I really hope to od this isn't true. Very sad if it is.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »
PWI is now reporting that Roddy's cancer buzz is just a rumor.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/42056/important-update-on-roddy-piper.html?p=1

In regard to reports floating around that WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, they are 100% untrue. 

In speaking with one of Piper's representatives today, I was told that while Piper has taken time off for health-related issues after wrapping his most recent film, he is not dying and was not diagnosed at that time with being terminally ill from cancer. 

I was told Piper was advised by his doctors to take a break from his work schedule to recover from some health issues and is doing so.

An official statement from Piper's representatives may be forthcoming, but in any event, no, Piper is not terminal with cancer.

All that said, do keep Piper in your thoughts as he deals with his health issues.

Fukkit...
I ain't doing a tribute thread now.

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: Roddy Piper News
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 04:43:23 AM »
Lol...Piper's pit in 1985 in New Jersey...Guest on the show is Junk Yard Dog....Salvetore Bellomo (a jobber) shows up...Piper looks at him and says, "What's this?? I didn't order a pizza! How can you be Junk Yard Dog's friend? Your not even the same color?" .....oh Christ....Piper killed it back then :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »
Lol...Piper's pit in 1985 in New Jersey...Guest on the show is Junk Yard Dog....Salvetore Bellomo (a jobber) shows up...Piper looks at him and says, "What's this?? I didn't order a pizza! How can you be Junk Yard Dog's friend? Your not even the same color?" .....oh Christ....Piper killed it back then :)

haha, can you imagine if Piper was around and in his prime during the early part of the attitude era?  Like when DX was first formed.   Or how about in ECW where he could have said anything he wanted....would have been classic.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 12:11:28 PM »
haha, can you imagine if Piper was around and in his prime during the early part of the attitude era?  Like when DX was first formed.   Or how about in ECW where he could have said anything he wanted....would have been classic.
Piper in the eighties was extremely hardcore on the stick. Christ, some of the shit he used to say would never have been accepted today. The original DX pushed the limits back in the mid - late 90's but Piper was just incredible. He would throw little shots out there lik, "Where's Mr.T? Powdering his nose with all that dark powder?" , lol.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
He would throw little shots out there lik, "Where's Mr.T? Powdering his nose with all that dark powder?" , lol.

6:02 on clip one:

Nothing like some nice blue leather cowboy boots with the black tights on our heavyweight champ.