Author Topic: Personal Trainers: Smart or stupid move?  (Read 5399 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: how stupid you ve got to be to pay for PTs
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »
I called it "dribble" because you made a blanket statement and that's just not so. There are PLENTY of good trainers without degrees. Its great to have degree but it doesn't mean shit unless you know how to apply it. The problem is that VERY FEW know how to put an effective program together.

How likely is it for a beginner to find a really good trainer when first starting out? It's almost impossible for a beginner to know where to look for one. So many trainers and so few who really know their shit. Only by pure luck can he find a really good one when he really needs it - in the very beginning.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »
Again, he made sound like a blanket statement.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »
*bump* for Rush Limbaugh being dropped from the group trying to buy the Rams because he's an embarrassment!
Ron: "I am lazy."

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »
90% of all people are retarded and lack common sense.

probably.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Personal Trainers: Smart or stupid move?
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2009, 09:57:38 PM »
"Drivel"  ;D

and then dribble.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
I called it "dribble" because you made a blanket statement and that's just not so. There are PLENTY of good trainers without degrees. Its great to have degree but it doesn't mean shit unless you know how to apply it. The problem is that VERY FEW know how to put an effective program together.

This. I look at it not as people paying me to count reps, or be their 'friend" but for the programming. I have knowledge and skills that they dont, same as a mechanic, doctor, etc.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2009, 10:41:30 PM »
Ok goatboy....bump for the 68 NFL players who got arrested this year for....beating their wives, shooting themselve, killing dogs, etc, etc,etc. An "embarressment" get over it!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 05:47:39 AM »

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 05:49:43 AM »
*bump* for Rush Limbaugh being dropped from the group trying to buy the Rams because he's an embarrassment!
glad republican roger godell shitcanned him

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 05:59:54 AM »

so are

Tank Johnson
Mike Vick
Ray Lewis
Pacman Jones

need I go on?

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2009, 06:02:49 AM »
Why have a personal trainer when everything you need , all the info is free on the internet...

The irony is most of those who pay for Personal trainers are the ones who quit the most when the self-taughts are the most consistent and fast to understand the basics and make progresses..

Like you need a pt to teach you how to curl, sit on a machine or even do bench press. Like you cant use the gym's equipment cause you need someone to teach you how to use it ... ::) Oh yeah, "reps" and "sets" are very complex concepts to assimilate too....

If you cant get yourself to lift weights or lose weights doing some cardio you re never ever going to achieve anything.

Godamn motherfuckings morons.

Pts dont even pretend they care about the customers either, i saw this young #### with no muscle at all laugh frantically with despise at his "customer" while hurling a big ball in his face while he was doing some push up on the floor.. It's like the pts do everything to make their "customers"  look stupid in front of the others gym members.

poor newbies , they put trust in these trainers with shit "certifications" that mean nothing ... who laugh at them hanging and joking with the gymrats instead of at leat trying to do their "job" correctly. In fact i sometimes wonder if they dont create the most stupid and shameful "programs" and "exercises" to torture their "customers".

Way true, I mean they can waste their money if they want, but they would be better off reading for about 30 mins on the net about nutrition and watching a couple of youtubes about form with certain excercises, and in that time developing some sense of autonomy over themselves so that they don;t feel they have to rely on some out of shape guy with a certificate. The goddamn motherfucking morons bit was funny as Hel haha!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »

I didn't say there weren't good trainers without degrees. But, without one, in certain places (i.e. Bally) you are indeed a maid/janitor in a weight room. I knew more about training and nutrition than most of the guys there. But, I ended up cleaning the weight room.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 08:57:16 AM »
Yeah right, like it was Goodall. We should all know by now that Al Sharpton is the new commissioner of the NFL. He obviosly has that right since 70% of the players are black. Who's the racist now? Sure as hell isn't Rush!