Author Topic: How to feel fuller  (Read 9290 times)

240 or bust

How to feel fuller
« on: May 15, 2005, 08:34:27 PM »
I am cooking and eating a ton of meat everyday. I'm leaner, my muscles have a weird hardness and shape they've never had, and I'm aggressive as hell in the gym and everywhere else.

However, I seem to be hungry every hour.  Any advice for how to fill up more? I limit my carbs- usually just oatmeal for breafast, then some peas with most meals and a potato or 2 with dinner. Thanks!

SD_Adonis

• Getbig II
  • Tolerance does not mean acceptance.
Re: Damn, I am hungry
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 08:46:59 PM »
240, my brother, you must not eat potatoes for dinner, unless it is your post-workout meal.  Potatoes are one of the fastest "acting" complex carbs and are great for that window of insulin elevation right after you workout. 
Eating oatmeal for breakfast is great, it is a slow-digesting complex carb that will fill you up. 
Peas have sugar, I would avoid them.  Instead eat salad, I like to eat heart of Romaine salad with either a tbsp of olive oil or 2 tbsp dressing (same fat content basically).
I would suggest a large complex carb breakfast, no carb mid-morning snack, medium carb lunch from a slow-digesting complex carb source, pre-workout no carb snack, a large carb post-workout meal (like potaotes) and some no carb, or maybe low carb (like beans) meals to finish out your days.

SD_Adonis

• Getbig II
  • Tolerance does not mean acceptance.
Re: How to feel fuller
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 08:56:37 PM »
Since you are cutting, take your protein shake with you to the gym, and drink it before you do cardio.
I would suggest eating at least 2 potatoes or 3 (normal size) post-workout.  Since you are not eating a simple sugar to spike your insuling (because you are cutting), you should use potatoes to do this.  Your post-workout meal should be your biggest meal of the day, at least on par with your breakfast.
Low-carb veggies I eat are green beans and heart of Romaine salad.  I would suggest staying away from corn and peas because of their sugar content.
My favorite salad is:
one heart of Romaine slice up
2 Tbsp Ken's Caesar dressing (same fat as olive oil)
lotsa ground black pepper
sliced chicken breast (both cold and hot are good)
I eat this with 2 Tbsp ANPB mixed w/Splenda (my dessert) pretty much everyday before I go to bed.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 12:23:54 PM »
I am cooking and eating a ton of meat everyday. I'm leaner, my muscles have a weird hardness and shape they've never had, and I'm aggressive as hell in the gym and everywhere else.

However, I seem to be hungry every hour.  Any advice for how to fill up more? I limit my carbs- usually just oatmeal for breafast, then some peas with most meals and a potato or 2 with dinner. Thanks!

What kind and how much  dietary fat are you taking in?
Secondly, phyillium husk (not the powder) would help too.  Add a tablespoon or two to your shakes (but not if it's a PWO shake).  Peas and potatos are high glycemic and not really considered veggies when it comes to nutrition (fine for PWO).  A better option at other times (since it seems like you hate your veggies) would be yams/sweet potatoes (FRESH cooked).  Steamed broccoli ~ lots = good veggie.  'Course ~ any greens = good thing.  How 'bout some lower GI fruit(s) in the morning?  Berries are very low GI and a cup of strawberries is only about 9 grams of carbs ~ 1/2 C blueberries is about 9 too.
:

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 02:24:48 PM »
are you getting more aggressive because of the meat? i thought that was a myth
Z

absent

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 02:50:24 PM »
3-grain pasta is your friend. It has around 12g of protein n 100 grams too, and less carbs than rice (of any kind, I believe).

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 03:13:34 PM »
Ask Slippydick and I'm sure he'll give you an answer he's familiar with ;)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 05:19:29 PM »
Drink Arizona sugarfree green tea every hour or sugarfree kool-aid. That's what I always do and it seems to help me with my carb/sugar cravings.

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 02:19:08 PM »
try adding in a little more unsaturated fats. I need to add those to my diet anyway but thats just my body and everyone is different. i find if i eat a lot of protein and many times a day after a few day i have trouble being satisfied too unless i start adding a little fat like flax or olive oils.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 08:27:54 AM »
You need some fat in your diet to slow down the absorbtion of everything you are eating. A scoop of PB works for me or some Flax Seed oil.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 07:36:08 PM »
You need some fat in your diet to slow down the absorbtion of everything you are eating.

MYTH.  Sorry.

Liquid fats don't slow gastric emptying or digestion, only fats that are part of food.
Adding carbs or fiber will slow it down. 
At least two different papers have shown that liquid and water parts of the meal separate (which makes sense: water and oil ... ) and the fat just sits on top of the liquid, affecting nothing.

Keep doing the flax oil & / or fish oil, but don't be misled into thinking they are slowing things down.
:

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »
Add lots of vegetables to your diet but avoid potatoes, peas and carrots because of their sugar content.

When I go low carb meaning all meat and vegetables I hardly feel hungry.  The side effect, however, is a low energy level.

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 09:39:28 AM »

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 02:46:12 PM »
Its weird ur hingrier wen eating mainly protein. B/c wen i eat things like pasta my body burns it up realy quick,im stuffed for like an hourthen real hungry again.
Im on high protein/mo to low carb bulking diet, slowly upping everything, mayb try upping your protein portions at each meal if ur hungry too quickly after eating.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 03:01:48 PM »
fiber fiber fiber.

Fiber will save me anytime I have a craving, especially at night. If I'm on a pretty severe calorie resriction, one or two tablespoons of cottage cheese followed by 10 grms of sugar-free metamucil will kill any craving every time. It has an impact stabilizing your bloodsugar too so its usually a good choice.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 03:19:04 PM »
Its weird ur hingrier wen eating mainly protein. B/c wen i eat things like pasta my body burns it up realy quick,im stuffed for like an hourthen real hungry again.
Im on high protein/mo to low carb bulking diet, slowly upping everything, mayb try upping your protein portions at each meal if ur hungry too quickly after eating.

davie

Pay no attention to his diet.
  You need to eat more complex carbs, like the whole grained versions of pasta and rice. Especially the hours after your rugby training.
  Throughout the day, try to eat plenty of complex carbs, veggies and proteins. Make sure to eat some healthy fats, a tea spoon of flax oil will get you the Omega-3you need for the day.
  Finally, avoid white sugar altogether, and only eat fast carbs (with some good protein) directly after training.

...but you already knew all this ;)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 03:37:29 PM »
That i did bro, thnks anyway. im slowly but surely try to up my portions, and keep plenty veggies etc in my diet.

I like the challenges tho, trying to get bigger and musclier (spelling, im so sorry) while also improving my speed/fitness for rugby.
Its sounds daft but i am actually managing to do all of them. Im heavier/stronger and more powerful this season+faster. and i ahve a good natural fitness which i have noticed has also improved.

So my muscles are getting bigger (so the bodybuilding side is working), and i am getting fitter/faster (rugby training side is working).

It takes time and alot of hard work but i love every minute of it, and i know that putting the work in the kitchen and in training....yields results!!

davie
It isn't the mountains ah