Author Topic: Was Ronnie considered a threat to the title going into the 1998 Mr. Olympia?  (Read 2085 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
I think he was considered a threat, although I don't think he was expected to win.  I believe he won the Night of Champions (or a similar show) right before and had some momentum going into the Mr. O.  That being said, I think his condition was a surprise that night.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Yes.He beat Kevin Levrone in several shows for the first time that year. He did something crazy like 4 maybe 5 shows that year and everyone started taking notice to his newly expanding lats.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Yes.He beat Kevin Levrone in several shows for the first time that year. He did something crazy like 4 maybe 5 shows that year and everyone started taking notice to his newly expanding lats.

Aside from his lats ans conditioning, what else was vastly different about him?

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That year?Really those small changes. Think he "only" weighed around 250. I was actually a huge Levrone fan back then and couldnt stand Ronnie beating him. I dont know what he had for a lifting program or "supplement" program that year but by the time the O rolled around his back was lights out,game over.You know what else he had too now that I think about it, he might have busted out the striated glutes, hike up your shorts manuever that Mr. O. And he made those improvements dieting for several differant shows all through the year so go figure. Hyper-responder

Emmortal

• Getbig V
That year?Really those small changes. Think he "only" weighed around 250. I was actually a huge Levrone fan back then and couldnt stand Ronnie beating him. I dont know what he had for a lifting program or "supplement" program that year but by the time the O rolled around his back was lights out,game over.You know what else he had too now that I think about it, he might have busted out the striated glutes, hike up your shorts manuever that Mr. O. And he made those improvements dieting for several differant shows all through the year so go figure. Hyper-responder

Some of these so called BB'rs these days should take a que from that: Stop taking an entire year off just to do the O.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!

No he was not. He placed 9th the year before, and barely scraped the top six in 96.
He had a great run that year, by winning 4 contests, but not too many make those kind of gains- couple that with the fact of his dismal outings in previous years, he wasn't a threat.
I also read an article where Dorian also said "Nobody expected this! I mean, he wasn't even top six last year, and he takes the whole thing this year?!"

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
ronnie improved his conditioning dramatically but also gained visible size, even though the mags incorrectly list his weight as being heavier in 97 than in 98.

if you watch the videos from the two contests and look at the pics, its quite obvious he gained some size too.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
A 1998 Ronnie would have beat a 1997 Dorian without a doubt.

Do you agree ND?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me

Do you agree ND?

:-X
Flower Boy Ran Away

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Discuss

I think from memory Shawn ray in the battle for olympia 98 mentioned Ronnie as being an outside chance. He obviously talked about himself, flex, and cormier as chances.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Discuss

yes he was.. after beating levrone twice in earlier 98 shows..

flex magazine made a report about all the guys who had a chance with the sandow in 98 and they were ronnie, flex, nasser, shawn, &, kevin..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
yes he was.. after beating levrone twice in earlier 98 shows..

flex magazine made a report about all the guys who had a chance with the sandow in 98 and they were ronnie, flex, nasser, shawn, &, kevin..
Sheriff, Shawn had no chance the rest were neck and neck even Nasser ;D

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Sheriff, Shawn had no chance the rest were neck and neck even Nasser ;D

imo both shawn and leverone had no real chances but this was what flex magazine mentioned.. i thought it was going to be between flex and nasser..

jwb

• Getbig V
THe best thing that happened to ronnie that year was that kevin beat him in san fransisco in may 2 weeks before the night of champions.

Kevin was ripped that day while ronnie was bloody huge but a tad smooth.

2 weeks later ronnie was sliced and he turned the tables and knew what he had to do for the olympia in order to win it.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.

Do you agree ND?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
I imagine you typing this late at night. As you sit at home alone thinking ways to sabotaje him, he's getting back from the club after getting her tipsy and now she's ready for a "wild" night

With consideration for your feelings after fucking her for like 2 hours till she's dry, he pulls his dick out and slaps her face with it a few times while holding her by the hair. He rubs it off while she licks his nuts ocassionally slurping his ball sack in her mouth in it's entirety. Then he proceeds to squirt hot sperm on her face and in her mouth then sticks his dick back in her mouth making her suck it clean. After another beer and this clear example of him showingt his alpha side and her finding the joy of being submissive and pleasurably forced into things she'd never do with you, he convinces her to try some anal. So he proceeds to penetrate her ass and she finds it delightful as he chokes her while anally ramming her. She is moaning with pleasure and he squirts inside her shit shute just as you press "Post" on your elaborate cry for help.

PS: he makes her blow him first thing in th morning and cums in her mouth without returning the favor of course. Happy to experience what cohabitating with an alpha male feels like she makes him a fresh cup of cofee and serves him in bed ocasionally making jokes about how she liked being posessed last night while constantly complimenting him on being "too big" .

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
I imagine you typing this late at night. As you sit at home alone thinking ways to sabotaje him, he's getting back from the club after getting her tipsy and now she's ready for a "wild" night

With consideration for your feelings after fucking her for like 2 hours till she's dry, he pulls his dick out and slaps her face with it a few times while holding her by the hair. He rubs it off while she licks his nuts ocassionally slurping his ball sack in her mouth in it's entirety. Then he proceeds to squirt hot sperm on her face and in her mouth then sticks his dick back in her mouth making her suck it clean. After another beer and this clear example of him showingt his alpha side and her finding the joy of being submissive and pleasurably forced into things she'd never do with you, he convinces her to try some anal. So he proceeds to penetrate her ass and she finds it delightful as he chokes her while anally ramming her. She is moaning with pleasure and he squirts inside her shit shute just as you press "Post" on your elaborate cry for help.

PS: he makes her blow him first thing in th morning and cums in her mouth without returning the favor of course. Happy to experience what cohabitating with an alpha male feels like she makes him a fresh cup of cofee and serves him in bed ocasionally making jokes about how she liked being posessed last night while constantly complimenting him on being "too big" .
So how about ass to mouth would she do that?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

LMAO...