Author Topic: Former World Champion back to WWE?  (Read 3205 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Former World Champion back to WWE?
« on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:25 PM »
Source: PW.net

According to sources, current TNA World Tag Team Champion Booker T is not expected to stay with TNA once his contract expires with the company. Booker, whose deal with TNA is rumored to expire in November (he signed with TNA in November 2007), reportedly refused to put over Matt Morgan at last night's TNA Impact TV tapings in Orlando and the general feeling among those in the company is that this could have been the "last straw" in his rocky relationship with TNA management as of late.

Were told Booker made it clear to various wrestlers during last week's overseas tour and again in the locker room at the TV tapings this week in Orlando that he has options in WWE and intends to return once he is contractually able to do so. While nothing is official of course, TNA sources are indicating that his days with the company could be numbered. The buzz right now is that he will appear at Bound For Glory and drop the TNA tag titles with Scott Steiner at that show or at the tapings that will follow and not be booked again by the company. What this means for the Main Event Mafia group from a TV perspective is anyone's guess at this point.

This isn't the first time something negative backstage has taken place with Booker as he has been described as having a negative attitude in the locker room for months now. In regards to the situation with Matt Morgan, he reportedly made it clear he wasn't happy about this decision when he found out on the overseas tour. While there is said to be no heat between Booker or Morgan, Booker reportedly felt it was a mistake for him to lose the match on TV instead of PPV. Booker was said to have cooled down about it during the tour and had a lengthy conversation with TNA President Dixie Carter on Monday only to turn around the next day and refuse to put Morgan over around 45 minutes before the actual taping. He also created quite the situation during the overseas tour in refusing to wrestle in a main event in Switzerland when fans threw chairs and other objects into the ring. Booker and his wife Sharmell walked out on the match. Sheik Abdul Bashir later came out to replace Booker to conclude the show

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Former World Champion back to WWE?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 04:40:29 AM »
I don't think he'll be back with WWE. He left because of the politics with the wellness policy. He basically said in an interview last year that if WWE loses the wellness policy that he'd be back.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 05:08:48 AM »
I don't know if its on his fault or TNA's fault but he would be no big lose because they pretty much haven't used him worth a shit since he got there. I've never been a huge Booker T. fan other than his early wcw singles work and his tag stuff but he has more potential that being a back marker in the MEM.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »
I don't know if its on his fault or TNA's fault but he would be no big lose because they pretty much haven't used him worth a shit since he got there. I've never been a huge Booker T. fan other than his early wcw singles work and his tag stuff but he has more potential that being a back marker in the MEM.
He's making 450,000 per year with a 3 day a week work schedual and he's been TNA champion twice. I think thats pretty good.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 04:45:17 PM »
I've never really liked the guy.  His lowest point was the King Booker angle, which pretty much finished him off for me.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 05:19:56 AM »
I've never really liked the guy.  His lowest point was the King Booker angle, which pretty much finished him off for me.

I absolutely hated that King Booker angle with his loud mouthed wife....UGH!

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 08:58:10 AM »
I absolutely hated that King Booker angle with his loud mouthed wife....UGH!
I think Vince would be better off if he left her off camera.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:20 AM »
I think Vince would be better off if he left her off camera.
I agree. She hasn't been in the business long enough to  earn a cup of coffee.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
Booker has got to be getting seriously long in the tooth. Isn't he in his mid 40's by now?

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 10:52:42 PM »
Booker has got to be getting seriously long in the tooth. Isn't he in his mid 40's by now?
50's

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 04:36:52 AM »
50's
Really? I didn't think he was that old.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »
Booker T is 44yrs old.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 10:06:53 AM »
Booker T is 44yrs old.
Thats more about what I figured. He should still have another few good years left in him.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »
It was cool when he first arrived in the Federation and went against the Rock. When Booker T came out and challenged him. Rock did the whole, Who in the heck are you? I'm book.. It doesn't matter what your name is! Funny. If Booker T comes back to the Federation what on Earth are they gonna do with him?
            this is supposedly one of the main reasons sting never came to the wwe.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 01:15:28 PM »
            this is supposedly one of the main reasons sting never came to the wwe.
bullseye!  ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 04:43:32 AM »
They could have done so much more with Sting. Cannot compare the two. Imagine Sting vs. Andre? Sting vs. Warrior? Sting vs. Yoko? Sting vs. Bret? Who is Booker T?
IMO Booker T is extremely over-rated.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »
He's making 450,000 per year with a 3 day a week work schedual and he's been TNA champion twice. I think thats pretty good.
That would be sweet to have that kinda work week

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »
IMO Booker T is extremely over-rated.
X2

Only time he was worth a shit was when he was with his brother.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!