Author Topic: Favorite Reputable Companies  (Read 5264 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Favorite Reputable Companies
« on: October 08, 2009, 04:03:53 AM »
List your favorite reputable companies.....Let's make this positive specially for newbies...

Personally:

MHP
Musclepharm
Nutrex

Yours??

claymore

• Getbig IV
Re: Favorite Reputable Companies
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 04:36:51 AM »
For vitamins NOW and Jarrow get my vote, for protein natures best.

BigAyP

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »
my favs

MHP
MuscleMeds
XeroLImits

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
BP
organon
schering
ON nutrition

bench

Tom Mutaffis

• Getbig II
  • Strongman
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »
It is tough to find good supplement companies out there. It seems like recently there are a lot of companies that spend more money on marketing than they do on their products.

I use AtLarge Nutrition for protein powders and their strength supplement "Results".

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
BioRythms
X

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »
Everyone here knows I'm an atlarge nutrition fan. Stuff is quality inside and out..

Results is by far my favorite supplement with nitrean and novus bars being big hits not only with myself but with my clients and others as well.

Results is also on sale right now! Check out the website..www.atlargenutr ition.com for more details.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
Nobody's mentioned BSN?
I came across a decent deal on their Syntha 6 and was wondering if I should bite.

The 4 character minimum requirement makes it a little hard to search for in the database.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
Hersheys
Coca-Cola
Frito-lay

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:23 PM »
Nobody's mentioned BSN?
I came across a decent deal on their Syntha 6 and was wondering if I should bite.

The 4 character minimum requirement makes it a little hard to search for in the database.

I like syntha-6 its servings are generally less per tub then other similar products so you might want to take that into account a good deal may be actually a shittier deal when you take that into account.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »
ON
labrada

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Thanks, brother.

I've used ON's Pro-Complex almost exclusively for about the last 3 years.
I still like them, but I've decided it's time to branch out and try some other things.

Tom Mutaffis

• Getbig II
  • Strongman
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »
I have not been a fan of ON products for the past couple of years, since they became widely popular and started spending more money on marketing than on their research / products.

BSN Syntha-6 is good in terms of flavoring, but the macro's are not good if you are interested in lean mass. It is more of an MRP if anything I guess.

In some cases many companies will use the same core ingredients, like "Creapure" creatine or "MTI" HMB. You would hope that what is on the label matches what is in the bottle but unfortunately we all know that is not always the case.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »
Many companies have one or two good products and a shitload of products that are more or less "useless" the idea might be good, but the quality of the ingredients are shit. Cheap cheap cheap so they can use more money on ads...

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »
Many companies have one or two good products and a shitload of products that are more or less "useless" the idea might be good, but the quality of the ingredients are shit. Cheap cheap cheap so they can use more money on ads...

That’s really insightful.
Just because a company makes one good thing doesn’t mean their entire line is of the same quality.

And look how many supplement companies underdose – using ingredients that have been shown to yield effective results, but they don’t include enough of  them to do any good.
Most often those ingredients are part of some "blend."   

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 07:41:23 PM »
Nobody's mentioned BSN?

They had a good rep their first few years in business.  Not sure what it is now.  Personally, they lost my respect when they signed RC.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »

They had a good rep their first few years in business.  Not sure what it is now.  Personally, they lost my respect when they signed RC.

Does her highness’ contention stem from Ronnie personally, or does it have more to do with what might be considered a type of false advertising committed by a company using “enhanced” athletes to suggest quality superiority and justify an exorbitant price tag?

They also had signed WWF superstar Triple H for a while, and his services ain’t cheap, either.

I’ll bet that, together, those two guys earned more than BSN’s owner(s).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »

But, to use money on ads, they have to have money in the first place. And to make that money, their products have to be good. Remember MuscleTech back in 1995? It had a mere three products and their ads were modest, at best.

But, as the products took off (the ma-huang-based Hydroxycut, in particular), we saw fancier ads and more bodybuilders promoting those ads.

MuscleTech's best products, right now, would be Nano Vapor, Hydroxycut Hardcore (I have not tried the new Hydroxycut Hardcore X.....yet), and Cell-Tech Hardcore.

I have not been a fan of ON products for the past couple of years, since they became widely popular and started spending more money on marketing than on their research / products.

BSN Syntha-6 is good in terms of flavoring, but the macro's are not good if you are interested in lean mass. It is more of an MRP if anything I guess.

In some cases many companies will use the same core ingredients, like "Creapure" creatine or "MTI" HMB. You would hope that what is on the label matches what is in the bottle but unfortunately we all know that is not always the case.

I love ON products, particularly the protein powders. I just finished two servings of what undoubtedly is the BEST-TASTING protein powder I've ever had. NitroCore 24, Strawberry Milkshake flavor.

No other powder can touch that one.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 08:52:29 PM »
Does her highness’ contention stem from Ronnie personally, or does it have more to do with what might be considered a type of false advertising committed by a company using “enhanced” athletes to suggest quality superiority and justify an exorbitant price tag?

They also had signed WWF superstar Triple H for a while, and his services ain’t cheap, either.

Good call  ;)
all of the above
:

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 06:22:22 AM »

But, BSN's wares had to take off and start selling to profit. Otherwise, how could the company afford to pay Coleman and Hemlsey?

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 02:03:28 PM »
NOW
CNP
Beverly
ON
Schiff

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
Having been in the supplement business off and on over the past 15+ years I am a bit biases with my picks here since you get to know persoanlities behind the scenes.  From a business stand point I can say that here are some of the more supportive companies:

BSN
Gaspari
Labrada
VPX
Universal
MHP

Many of these companies would go out of their ways to accomodates needs, like samples, banners , promo materials, or whatever.

Just my 2 cents on Ronnie with BSN or any other pro bb for that matter being sponsored and used in ads- Thats simply the way that the biz works.  18-35 male, ufc watching demographic...Ronnie Coleman, Triple H, Forrest Griffin, it appeals to people buying the supplements.  Just like most people understand that Payton Manning doesn't perform like he does due to gatorade, most people get Ronnie wasn't built on NO Xplode, but it makes for good ads.  It marketing in 21st Century Media driven world. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
But, BSN's wares had to take off and start selling to profit. Otherwise, how could the company afford to pay Coleman and Hemlsey?

Yeah, I understand what you mean.

But now that they're there, maybe they could do without the seven-figure endorsement deals and knock down their prices a bit.

Or, keep the prices the same - it still wouldn't be quite as bad.
I just cringe a bit when I think that a portion of what I had to spend on a bucket of protein helped fund Ronnie's newest Bentley.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »
Yeah, I understand what you mean.

But now that they're there, maybe they could do without the seven-figure endorsement deals and knock down their prices a bit.

Or, keep the prices the same - it still wouldn't be quite as bad.
I just cringe a bit when I think that a portion of what I had to spend on a bucket of protein helped fund Ronnie's newest Bentley.

Bro, what you're saying makes total sense.  Things is, what often gets overlooked from the business aspect of things is that you need to keep new customers coming in the door all the time.  People, maybee like yourself, don't need anyother reason to use the products other than it works. 

Keep in mind there are literally hundreads of companies out there.  Each of them have a preworkout, postworkout, protein, meal replacement, fatburner, so on and so forth.  The customers are being bombarded from every direction.  One company needs to stand out from the other 200 or so to get that sale .  They need a strategy to get that customer and many companies simply cannot afford a Ronnite Coleman.  It gives BSN a huge market presense and works for them.  So if the products work for you go for it...or you can think of the money going to keeping Jennifer Nicole Lee looking good!   Lol Just some food for thought.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 06:48:43 PM »

SCHIFF for it's joint support formulas.

Beverly

Pride Nutrition

VPX

NOW

- Block!
?