Author Topic: HAHA I've seen it all today - using smithmachine to throw bar up and catch it  (Read 2446 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
I have a hard time to paint that picture right but I give it a shot...

Theres this guy who always uses the smithmachine to bechpress ::) but he doesn't just benchpress - he pushes the bar so hard that it flies out of his hands and he has to catch it when it comes down :D :D :D

I couldn't stop watching him - and no I WILL NOT go to him and make him aware of the danger I want him to be decapitated by the fucking weiht - there are too many dump people on this planet and we cannot save them all.

spinnis

bench in the smith is fucking dangerous I would never do it.

On a side note, there was this kid 15-16yr old visiting his moms work in sweden, and hit the gym as her work while she was working , anyway he benched in the smith, got stuck, no one there and sufficated to death..

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Thats heavy dude

Stark

• Getbig V

On a side note, there was this kid 15-16yr old visiting his moms work in sweden, and hit the gym as her work while she was working , anyway he benched in the smith, got stuck, no one there and sufficated to death..

damn!!!!

spinnis

damn!!!!

its actually pretty sad  :P

but not a smart kid anyway so

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
its actually pretty sad  :P

but not a smart kid anyway so

Sad for the mom (for raising such a dumbass kid), but good that the kid is gone.

Found this alleged 'powerlifting'  ::) forum:

http://www.powerliftinguk.com/showthread.php?t=7436

Curt says: Always have spotters d00d,it may be possible but with weights over 100kg I would'nt even risk it.  Why do you ask?

Hellspawn: you shouldnt even be putting yourself in that situation in the first place !
i have gotten out from under 140kg on occasions and its painfull but thats if your lucky it dont come down accross your throat !
i seen others not fit collars on the bar and flip the plates off to get out but then they got me to deal with after so better off just letting the bar kill you

Agreed with leaving the collars off when benching alone, but other than that, what a bunch of tools.  Twinks.  Seriously - unless you're a 140-lb woman, you're a pussy if you're struggling with 225.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Sad for the mom (for raising such a dumbass kid), but good that the kid is gone.

Found this alleged 'powerlifting'  ::) forum:

http://www.powerliftinguk.com/showthread.php?t=7436

Curt says: Always have spotters d00d,it may be possible but with weights over 100kg I would'nt even risk it.  Why do you ask?

Hellspawn: you shouldnt even be putting yourself in that situation in the first place !
i have gotten out from under 140kg on occasions and its painfull but thats if your lucky it dont come down accross your throat !
i seen others not fit collars on the bar and flip the plates off to get out but then they got me to deal with after so better off just letting the bar kill you

Agreed with leaving the collars off when benching alone, but other than that, what a bunch of tools.  Twinks.  Seriously - unless you're a 140-lb woman, you're a pussy if you're struggling with 225.

Just bench in the power rack and set the pins at the appropriate height. It's not rocket science.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!

I'm not quite seeing how? ???

There's been very few times I've failed on the bench, twice I can remember. Both of those times, I set the bar on my chest and took a few seconds to rest (also gotta remember to NOT panic...that doesn't help) and after the brief rest I was able to press the bar up just enough and let it rest closer to my stomach and I sort of did a sit-up and had the weight across my knees. It wasn't 300lbs, but I was still trapped for a second...no collars, but I figured I'd take that route, before I dumped the weights off to the side of the bar.

Edit: Just found this link on the link Tre provided, and this is pretty much what I described above:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
It sounds like he learned this from his football trainer.  These asshole have you throw the weight around and catch it as part of the training.  Your joints will die real fast.

spinnis

I'm not quite seeing how? ???

There's been very few times I've failed on the bench, twice I can remember. Both of those times, I set the bar on my chest and took a few seconds to rest (also gotta remember to NOT panic...that doesn't help) and after the brief rest I was able to press the bar up just enough and let it rest closer to my stomach and I sort of did a sit-up and had the weight across my knees. It wasn't 300lbs, but I was still trapped for a second...no collars, but I figured I'd take that route, before I dumped the weights off to the side of the bar.

Edit: Just found this link on the link Tre provided, and this is pretty much what I described above:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

ehh, I said SMITH MACHINE, you cant do a situp like that in a wait for it ...SMITH MACHINE and thats why I said    wait for it .....SMITH MACHINE

Get stuck in the smith with some heavy ass weight and you're pretty much dead if no one is around

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
your not hardcore unless you call it a smythe machine......... like a dogcrapper..

i used a cybex one whilest playing around in the hotel gym on holiday, what a lovely machine, as close to free weight movement as ive ever felt...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
ehh, I said SMITH MACHINE, you cant do a situp like that in a wait for it ...SMITH MACHINE and thats why I said    wait for it .....SMITH MACHINE

Get stuck in the smith with some heavy ass weight and you're pretty much dead if no one is around

My two paragraphs were unrelated Swede. That's why the two are separated by paragraphs.

I still fail to see how you get stuck in the Smith machine. Someone actually is dumb enough not to set the stops of the Smith machine near the bottom part of the press, they go to failure and still get stuck? They can't press up to the next crossbar and spin the bar around to safely latch it?
If that's the case, thank you for taking your genes out of the gene pool.

spinnis

My two paragraphs were unrelated Swede. That's why the two are separated by paragraphs.

I still fail to see how you get stuck in the Smith machine. Someone actually is dumb enough not to set the stops of the Smith machine near the bottom part of the press, they go to failure and still get stuck? They can't press up to the next crossbar and spin the bar around to safely latch it?
If that's the case, thank you for taking your genes out of the gene pool.

oh ok.

In some smith machines the spaces between the thing that you can hook it onto is pretty "far"..

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
yes you have some weird people walking around on this earth

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
In some smith machines the spaces between the thing that you can hook it onto is pretty "far"..

Being in probably 200 different gyms the last 13 years, I've seen many different Smith Machines. And not one of them I see as having latches too far apart to where you can't rest for 5-10sec (of course that seems like an eternity in that situation) and get the bar latched.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
ehh, I said SMITH MACHINE, you cant do a situp like that in a wait for it ...SMITH MACHINE and thats why I said    wait for it .....SMITH MACHINE

problem is you cant dump the weight off each side like a barbell

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
i love balls

Method101

• Getbig V
I train at home on my own with nobody else in my house all the time.

One thing allows me to do this. A POWER RACK.

Even if i dropped the bar towards my neck the spotter bars would catch it and prevent it coming down onto my neck.

A power rack is better than a spotter.

only problem is i have to do 10 sets of barbell squats as my entire leg workout LOl  ;D , deadlifts also work the legs though i guess.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
spotting is a discipline.

Method101

• Getbig V
spotting is a discipline.
how can you save somone if they drop the bar directly towards their throat...
answer is, you can't unless you are two steel bars set up above that persons neck.

GHButt

• Getbig I
  • Gimmicking is an artform

Even if i dropped the bar towards my neck the spotter bars would catch it and prevent it coming down onto my neck.

only problem is i have to do 10 sets of barbell squats as my entire leg workout LOl  ;D , deadlifts also work the legs though i guess.
You must be huge.

Method101

• Getbig V
You must be huge.

1. Post the recent picture

2. Whos gimmick are you? post your pics, thanks in advance.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN

Is that the very model (PR) you own? What did it set you back?
HAHA, RON.....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom

If you set the spotting bars then how low do you go on your bench?  Are you only coming down about six inches away?

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
I have a hard time to paint that picture right but I give it a shot...

Theres this guy who always uses the smithmachine to bechpress ::) but he doesn't just benchpress - he pushes the bar so hard that it flies out of his hands and he has to catch it when it comes down :D :D :D

I couldn't stop watching him - and no I WILL NOT go to him and make him aware of the danger I want him to be decapitated by the fucking weiht - there are too many dump people on this planet and we cannot save them all.
baaahaaahahaaa!!!!! ;D Reminds me of this story.....This guy would do the same thing BUT when doing barbell curls, he would do a rep, throw it way up and catch it....hahahaa!!! the next time he did it, threw it way up, came down straight on his head, knocked him out cold, i felt bad for the guy but i started laughin so hard, i was crying.. ;D