Author Topic: (You're shittin me, right?)New law in Oklahoma will make abortion info public.  (Read 846 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
On Nov. 1, a law in Oklahoma will go into effect that will collect personal details about every single abortion performed in the state and post them on a public website. Implementing the measure will “cost $281,285 the first year and $256,285 each subsequent year.” Here are the first eight questions that women will have to reveal:

1. Date of abortion
2. County in which abortion performed
3. Age of mother
4. Marital status of mother
(married, divorced, separated, widowed, or never married)
5. Race of mother
6. Years of education of mother
(specify highest year completed)
7. State or foreign country of residence of mother
8. Total number of previous pregnancies of the mother
Live Births
Miscarriages
Induced Abortions

Although the questionnaire does not ask for name, address, or “any information specifically identifying the patient,” as Feminists for Choice points out, these eight questions could easily be used to identify a woman in a small community. “They’re really just trying to frighten women out of having abortions,” Keri Parks, director of external affairs at Planned Parenthood of Central Oklahoma, said. The Center for Reproductive Rights is challenging the law, arguing that “it violates the Oklahoma Constitution because it ‘covers more than one subject’ — a challenge that previously worked to strike down an abortion ultrasound law.”

tonymctones

• Getbig V
cry me a fuking river  :'( im sure these ppl are also very concerned with the fetus's they are terminating  ::)

and LOL at the pic, i could watch that shit all day

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
cry me a fuking river  :'( im sure these ppl are also very concerned with the fetus's they are terminating  ::)

i would think someone who fancy's himself a conservative would be against this REACH by the gov

tonymctones

• Getbig V
i would think someone who fancy's himself a conservative would be against this REACH by the gov

no doubt but as you pointed out nothing identifying to the mother is being taken, this will likely be used for research more then anything.

Im also against the killing of innocent fetus's also against the systematic monetary raping and rights stripping of the govt towards fathers.

sorry hoss women have bitched and moaned about equal rights and they should get them right now they get to have their cake and eat it too...so cry me a fuking river.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
no doubt some people will be OUTED in their small towns in about 5 minutes.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Yeah..this is a slippery slope..but it would appear that this is a measure to limit or give pause to abortions. Yet another fucking reason for Uncle Sam to distance itself from shit like this...make it a states rights thing and run screaming from the whole issue.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V

great point - people pitch a shit fit (rightfully) when obama talked about a big medical database.  something like this, they'll support

tonymctones

• Getbig V
no doubt some people will be OUTED in their small towns in about 5 minutes.
"outed" whats the big deal apparently abortion isnt that big of deal to alot of ppl anyway...

great point - people pitch a shit fit (rightfully) when obama talked about a big medical database.  something like this, they'll support
and ppl say they are conservative but for abortion...LOL hahah cover up 240 your idiocy is showing...

abortions are by and large elective procedures are they not?

if you dont want to have to give this information hey guess what you can always keep the child

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Yeah..this is a slippery slope..but it would appear that this is a measure to limit or give pause to abortions. Yet another fucking reason for Uncle Sam to distance itself from shit like this...make it a states rights thing and run screaming from the whole issue.
agreed

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
agreed
how do you agree in the slippery slope which hh is right to point out and at the same time your first responce to the thread is, "cry me a fuking river"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
how do you agree in the slippery slope which hh is right to point out and at the same time your first responce to the thread is, "cry me a fuking river"
the same way i can be against assault rifle bans and for banning automatic weapons

how can you be against a police state and vote for obama?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
the same way i can be against assault rifle bans and for banning automatic weapons

how can you be against a police state and vote for obama?
now wait a fucking minute.  hh6 was able to come in and deliver a good opinion that didn't agree with abortion but raised an eyebrow at the law.  your only first response was to basically say, so fucking what, i don't care.  I'm just wondering why you couldn't have looked at it more broadly in your first response like hh did?

And people don't tell me the police state wouldn't have marched on all the same under McSame ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
now wait a fucking minute.  hh6 was able to come in and deliver a good opinion that didn't agree with abortion but raised an eyebrow at the law.  your only first response was to basically say, so fucking what, i don't care.  I'm just wondering why you couldn't have looked at it more broadly in your first response like hh did?

And people don't tell me the police state wouldn't have marched on all the same under McSame ::)
thats what stuck out in my mind first huggy bear sorry  :-[

Purge_WTF

Well-said, HH. I'm willing to bet that the people who support this dejecta-heap are the same ones who don't want the government getting between patients and doctors.

I suspect that this has less to do with giving a woman second thoughts about abortion than it does shaming her and maybe even putting her in danger by "outing" her like this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
in that case, let's put all the health records online.  or none of them.  next you'll only be releasing STD info, or people with drug problems! 

I'm against abortion, but I think this would put people in danger in small towns that lean far right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
in that case, let's put all the health records online.  or none of them.  next you'll only be releasing STD info, or people with drug problems! 

I'm against abortion, but I think this would put people in danger in small towns that lean far right.

This is totally wrong.  I can not agree with this garbage in any way.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Where did all the 'small government conservatives' go? :'(