Author Topic: Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 6878 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama wins the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »
bring it on little boy bring your military over here and see what happens...

how do you think the fbi etc obtained the info to thwart those terrorist plots?

the same could be said for you, how many innocent ppl are you willing to let die to not inconvience you?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »
mal, why are you more interested in condeming the responce of the far right rather than question why this president, who has done very little internationally in his 9 months of office, was granted the highest peace award in the world?  Your smarter than being a party liner bro.

Its almost as if certain powerful people continue to boost Obama...almost like a Manchurian candidate to the world.

Perhaps world organizations like when our presidents think more about the well being of the world than the well being of our own country.  I think this international body gave it to him because of his tone, things he might do, and because he has shown little interest in expanding the economic power and dominance of the U.S in the world.

Please comment on this post and redirect back to why Obama has been chosen.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2009, 10:41:57 AM »
bring it on little boy bring your military over here and see what happens...

the same could be said for you, how many innocent ppl are you willing to let die to not inconvience you?

And you avoid the question yet again. Let me answer for you; you'd be PISSED and do anything in your power to hurt/kill/defeat whoever is invading you. Not so hard to admit, is it?
Fighting terrorism does not require raping your own citizens. There were tons of warning signs before 9/11 but the critical factor was that it didn't get acted upon, it was not a matter of whether the government had invasive gestapo laws at its disposal or not. Terrorists actually got arrested pre 9/11, believe it or not. Terrorists actually successfully committed their crimes post 9/11 even with a big brother government that's supposed to keep us safe, believe it or not.

A few thousand people died in the 9/11 attacks. I think more american soldiers alone have died in the war against terror and that's not even mentioning all the civilian casualties which is a staggering amount. How many more people should die just so you can say "take that, you foul terrorists you!". If you wanna compare total death tolls the argument is not in your favor, lets just put it that way.
from incomplete data

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2009, 10:44:25 AM »
I'll ask you the same question, how far would you be willing to compromise in order to kill terrorists?

As long as our rights and liberties are not infringed, they can go as far as reasonable necessary.  But, as Tony points out, "inconveniencing" you at the airport is hardly a violation of rights or liberties.

You have to apply a common sense standard.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »
And you avoid the question yet again. Let me answer for you; you'd be PISSED and do anything in your power to hurt/kill/defeat whoever is invading you. Not so hard to admit, is it?

LOL i figured that was implied

Now that ive answered yours you answer mine

if youre against those tactics but for the results that doesnt really add up

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »
As long as our rights and liberties are not infringed, they can go as far as reasonable necessary.  But, as Tony points out, "inconveniencing" you at the airport is hardly a violation of rights or liberties.

exactly ill gladly go to the airport an hour or two early to know that there are precautions being taken to keep myself and EVERYONE else safe

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »

They've been infringed a long time ago and it's only getting worse. I provided you guys with several examples and there's tons more out there and all of which can be attributed to the post 9/11 era.
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2009, 10:51:57 AM »

Im sure LoveMonkey would have thought nothing of Richard Reid sitting next to him in the plane playing with wires coming out of his shoes. 

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2009, 10:54:36 AM »
exactly ill gladly go to the airport an hour or two early to know that there are precautions being taken to keep myself and EVERYONE else safe

Imo, the worst part about flying commercial is (other) people coughing and farting on the plane.  9/11 didn't do anything to change that.
R

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
LOL i figured that was implied

Now that ive answered yours you answer mine
if youre against those tactics but for the results that doesnt really add up

Ok good then we can agree that american imperialism is not justified and your troops and politics stir up way more shit than you're entitled to. Great.

Are you special? I never said we should abolish all kinds of security checks or precautions. Some laws are needed and justified, others are not. It's a matter of judgment and loss/reward ratio between reduced threat or infringed liberty. My argument has been that things have gotten out of control after 9/11.

Now how do you justify this:

A few thousand people died in the 9/11 attacks. I think more american soldiers alone have died in the war against terror and that's not even mentioning all the civilian casualties which is a staggering amount. How many more people should die just so you can say "take that, you foul terrorists you!". If you wanna compare total death tolls the argument is not in your favor, lets just put it that way.

Not to mention that those two wars you have are destabilizing an enormous region. Both Afghanistan and Iraq are turning out to be gigantic failures. Sure terrorists have been killed but at an humongous cost. And the problem is still not solved.
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2009, 11:04:15 AM »
Ok good then we can agree that american imperialism is not justified and your troops and politics stir up way more shit than you're entitled to. Great.

Are you special? I never said we should abolish all kinds of security checks or precautions. Some laws are needed and justified, others are not. It's a matter of judgment and loss/reward ratio between reduced threat or infringed liberty. My argument has been that things have gotten out of control after 9/11.

Now how do you justify this:

Not to mention that those two wars you have are destabilizing an enormous region. Both Afghanistan and Iraq are turning out to be gigantic failures. Sure terrorists have been killed but at an humongous cost. And the problem is still not solved.

How is Iraq a gigantic failure?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »
Im sure LoveMonkey would have thought nothing of Richard Reid sitting next to him in the plane playing with wires coming out of his shoes.  

And whaddya know, all of that happened in the post 9/11 era. I've gone through several airport security checks in america the last couple months and my clothes were never checked, only had to pass through a metal detector. If I knew what I was doing I could have easily hidden something inappropriate in there. Not to mention my carry on.

Yes, terrorists exist. The only thing I'm trying to get across is that there's limits for how far you go in the pursuit of them.

I could ask you the same thing if you don't mind since I'm interested to know your thought process behind all this..

How far would you be willing to compromise in the war against terror?
from incomplete data

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2009, 11:09:14 AM »
Gotta weigh in on this one...It's a fucking joke quite frankly, I dont mind Obama, and certainly the entire world seems captivated by him...but what has he done?? I cant think of any way that he has helped peace or moved a peace initiative in any part of the world forward to completion. The nobel prize is completely devalued in my opinion, mind you I guess the moment they gave it to Yasser Arafat and Shimon Peres in 1993 sort of proved the whole thing was bollocks.

This has corruption and backslapping politics written all over it, a sham if ever there was one.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2009, 11:10:25 AM »
How is Iraq a gigantic failure?

By the simple fact that it was better off with a mean dictator rather than a "liberating" force. There is a reason why Baghdad was not invaded in the first Gulf War.
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
And whaddya know, all of that happened in the post 9/11 era. I've gone through several airport security checks in america the last couple months and my clothes were never checked, only had to pass through a metal detector. If I knew what I was doing I could have easily hidden something inappropriate in there. Not to mention my carry on.

Yes, terrorists exist. The only thing I'm trying to get across is that there's limits for how far you go in the pursuit of them.

I could ask you the same thing if you don't mind since I'm interested to know your thought process behind all this..

Considering the fact that an airplaine can be used as an improvised missle in the wrong hands, I have no problems at all with strict screening at the airport. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:45 AM »
Dude...we'll do what we have to..what country are u from. Let us worry about our own security measures. Baghdad wasn't invaded despite 3 Armored Divisions withinh 1-200 miles of her because Bush did not feel he had a mandate to do so. We also knew the coalition, some of which was made up of Arab states, would fall apart, thus damaging or interupting operations and logistics support to US and Western Forces. We did exactly what we set out to do in 1991 and we did the same in 2003. They had hoped that a popular uprising among Shia tribes would dump Saddam..it didn't happen. The aim of that war was never to depose him. Things change.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2009, 11:19:54 AM »

Imo, the worst part about flying commercial is (other) people coughing and farting on the plane.  9/11 didn't do anything to change that.
LOL the coughing is pretty bad i havent had any problems with ppl farting though...I might not be able to take that

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »

and thats a valid arguement but you also want to condemn things and then praise the results they bring...seems a tad hypocritcal dont you think.

what infringes on liberty do you have a problem with?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
"Obama was chosen not for substantive accomplishments, but for inspiring "hope" "  ::)

The level of political kiss ass just reached a new high.

Talk nice, no need for truth or backup... :)

The Nobel prize is an outdated embarrassment.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
Dude...we'll do what we have to..what country are u from. Let us worry about our own security measures. Baghdad wasn't invaded despite 3 Armored Divisions withinh 1-200 miles of her because Bush did not feel he had a mandate to do so. We also knew the coalition, some of which was made up of Arab states, would fall apart, thus damaging or interupting operations and logistics support to US and Western Forces. We did exactly what we set out to do in 1991 and we did the same in 2003. They had hoped that a popular uprising among Shia tribes would dump Saddam..it didn't happen. The aim of that war was never to depose him. Things change.

Has anyone really figured out the true purpose of the 2003 invasion of Iraq? There's gotta be more to it. They knew what was gonna happen when Saddam was removed.

from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2009, 11:39:46 AM »
and thats a valid arguement but you also want to condemn things and then praise the results they bring...seems a tad hypocritcal dont you think.

what infringes on liberty do you have a problem with?

That's assuming that the new laws is the sole contributing factor to the arrest of those terrorists. I'm not sure that's the case, are you?

Few of the problems I have has been mentioned already.
from incomplete data

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2009, 11:46:49 AM »
They thought there would be no insurgency...and I don't need the video to show Cheney that they were worried about an insurgency in 1991. They figured after 10 plus years of sanctions that people were sick of him and they were. We dismantled the Iraqi police and Army and that gave the bathists a toe hold insurgency and things got worse from there. AQ flocked in and since then we've kicked the shit out of them...and things are quiet. Bush and everybody else still thought he had WMDs.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »

I wish you libs would take the same stance on the 2nd Amendment.  Allow me and other law abiding citizens to carry and I assure you we will have less issues to deal with.  

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »
I wish you libs would take the same stance on the 2nd Amendment.  Allow me and other law abiding citizens to carry and I assure you we will have less issues to deal with.  

Not quite sure that was an answer to the question... ah well.
from incomplete data

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2009, 12:12:11 PM »
Yes, so far it has been. We haven't had an attack on our soil in 8 years. But since Obama has taken office it's getting down right scary.

I think people are a lot less scared under Obama than they were under Bush.

During the Bush era, we had Cheney and Rummy on TV every day telling us "code orange, we're all gonna die" to get their policies across.  Obama is keeping the same policy in place, without using fearmongering to justify it.  He's kept Bush policy in place, and we haven't been attacked on our soil. 

Troops deaths are up - of course, and very sadly.  We added tens of thousands of troops to afghanistan and sent them in to finally root out the bad guys.  We saw a spike in casualties in Iraq during that surge too.