Author Topic: Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 6881 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Obama wins the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2009, 08:30:01 AM »
so your idiotic idea is to let down our guard at airports?

youre an idiot stfu and leave this isnt the G&O you actually have to be able to put together a coherent thought to be able to post on this board.

maybe we should just let them bomb us at will? sound good to you?

Yes I'm saying governments have gone way overboard in their paranoia. I don't find it surprising either that governments in the western world have used these attacks to gain more power, step by step are we getting closer to police societies. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't fight terrorism or prevent it. Making your own citizens suspects and have them pay for it is not the way to go though, because then the government itself becomes the terrorist.

One thing I've noticed about americans is that they're very susceptible to fear. Yes, the moment you guys become less paranoid america will automatically blow up, the C4's are already planted  ::)
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
Obama admits that too.  He accepts it as a challenge.  in the end, he's the guy with 1.4 million and the world applauding him.  now he has to follow thru on this peace agenda.  It's not like any other world leader is trying to limit nukes.

This is disgraceful.  This pig of a president could not have the humility to step aside and let someone really deserving have it?

What a disgraceful pig this man is. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2009, 08:44:17 AM »
LMAO!!! Let the meltdowns begin...I love this shit!  I can hear Glenn Beck, Hannity, Savage, Levin and Limbaugh now. ;D

muthafuckin BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me loves it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
Yes I'm saying governments have gone way overboard in their paranoia. I don't find it surprising either that governments in the western world have used these attacks to gain more power, step by step are we getting closer to police societies. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't fight terrorism or prevent it. Making your own citizens suspects and have them pay for it is not the way to go though, because then the government itself becomes the terrorist.

One thing I've noticed about americans is that they're very susceptible to fear. Yes, the moment you guys become less paranoid america will automatically blow up, the C4's are already planted  ::)
you have yet to say how you would have reacted, they have to check ppl brain child terrorist dont wear uniforms they act like civilians numb nut how would you seek them out?

so again your idiotic plan is to lower our guard at airports etc?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »
you have yet to say how you would have reacted, they have to check ppl brain child terrorist dont wear uniforms they act like civilians numb nut how would you seek them out?

so again your idiotic plan is to lower our guard at airports etc?

In case you haven't noticed pretty much all the arrests that have been made on the suspicion of terrorism have been possible because of intelligence/information gathering and detective work. Preemptively. Not by being paranoid at the airports. You could also argue that terrorism is a matter of politics and the best prevention would be to not give people any reasons to be hostile towards you. In many ways america had 9/11 coming sooner or later, not because you're the land of freedom(haha irony) but because you like to stir shit up in different parts of the world.

What sucks about all this is that it's so much easier to escalate fear and security/controlling people than toning it down. So even for me it would seem odd to dismantle the added security we've got over the years. But it's either that or we're headed towards something like "V for Vendetta" or 1984.
from incomplete data

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2009, 09:08:28 AM »
This is a joke right?

ahhaaha NOPE repub crazy, Obama is god like any maybe Christ coming back again, who knows, his good deeds know no bounds, all hail Barak Hussein Obama, I pledge my allegiance to him.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »
ahhaaha NOPE repub crazy, Obama is god like any maybe Christ coming back again, who knows, his good deeds know no bounds, all hail Barak Hussein Obama, I pledge my allegiance to him.

jt

Piss be upon him. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »
In case you haven't noticed pretty much all the arrests that have been made on the suspicion of terrorism have been possible because of intelligence/information gathering and detective work. Preemptively. Not by being paranoid at the airports. You could also argue that terrorism is a matter of politics and the best prevention would be to not give people any reasons to be hostile towards you. In many ways america had 9/11 coming sooner or later, not because you're the land of freedom(haha irony) but because you like to stir shit up in different parts of the world.

What sucks about all this is that it's so much easier to escalate fear and security/controlling people than toning it down. So even for me it would seem odd to dismantle the added security we've got over the years. But it's either that or we're headed towards something like "V for Vendetta" or 1984.
So the answer is to not check anyone? I like how you give no answers simply deflect and redirect, try answering a question for once brain child.

conflicts always going to happen jack ass there is no utopia you cant please 100% of the ppl 100% of the time sorry whatever european country youre from is lying to you hoss.

AGAIN you still havent said what you would do?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »
So the answer is to not check anyone? I like how you give no answers simply deflect and redirect, try answering a question for once brain child.

conflicts always going to happen jack ass there is no utopia you cant please 100% of the ppl 100% of the time sorry whatever european country youre from is lying to you hoss.

AGAIN you still havent said what you would do?

Well, if I really need to spell it for you:

Put more resources into gathering of intelligence and preemptive work and less resources for the anti-"terrorist" Gestapo machine that's been pestering people since 9/11.

Remember, it's not all about airports or security checks. Laws are being passed in europe(and america I'm sure) now that seriously violates peoples integrity and privacy, allows their private emails to be scanned by the police and the collection of data that is not the governments business at all. The kind of laws that would not in any way, shape or form have been possible if it weren't for 9/11. The Patriot Act is a nasty piece of work as well.

A good example of paranoia is a new law that's been passed in the UK that criminalizes the act of taking photos of public property which has caused all sorts of problems for tourists and professional photographers. They're afraid that terrorists are going to plan their evil deeds by taking photos of structures etc but there's tons of ways for them to get around that. All that law does is causing paranoia and making ordinary innocent citizens into suspects.

That's the kind of bullshit that does impact my life.

And please, America is notorious for creating conflicts for economical purposes and political gain. You have your own continent but for some reason your troops and weapons happens to end up pretty much all over the world, I'm sure it's all for peacekeeping.  ::)
from incomplete data

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2009, 09:37:27 AM »
Well, if I really need to spell it for you:

Put more resources into gathering of intelligence and preemptive work and less resources for the anti-"terrorist" Gestapo machine that's been pestering people since 9/11.

Remember, it's not all about airports or security checks. Laws are being passed in europe(and america I'm sure) now that seriously violates peoples integrity and privacy, allows their private emails to be scanned by the police and the collection of data that is not the governments business at all. The kind of laws that would not in any way, shape or form have been possible if it weren't for 9/11. The Patriot Act is a nasty piece of work as well.

A good example of paranoia is a new law that's been passed in the UK that criminalizes the act of taking photos of public property which has caused all sorts of problems for tourists and professional photographers. They're afraid that terrorists are going to plan their evil deeds by taking photos of structures etc but there's tons of ways for them to get around that. All that law does is causing paranoia and making ordinary innocent citizens into suspects.

That's the kind of bullshit that does impact my life.

And please, America is notorious for creating conflicts for economical purposes and political gain. You have your own continent but for some reason your troops and weapons happens to end up pretty much all over the world, I'm sure it's all for peacekeeping.  ::)
that doesnt mean you stop checking ppl at airports brain child, youre truely a liberal european idiot if you think that checking ppl at airports does nothing  ::)

I agree that laws are being passed but how do you think they obtained that info that lead to the thwarting of terrorist?

THROUGH THOSE LAWS JACK ASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL you cant have it both ways brain child for the love of shit a european liberal should even be able to figure that out.

I agree the law about taking pics is assinine so heres a little tip you worry about your shit and we will worry about ours.

everybody has dumb ass thats nothing new pick up a history book what country are you from Im sure they have done it at one time or another.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »
that doesnt mean you stop checking ppl at airports brain child, youre truely a liberal european idiot if you think that checking ppl at airports does nothing  ::)

I agree that laws are being passed but how do you think they obtained that info that lead to the thwarting of terrorist?

THROUGH THOSE LAWS JACK ASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL you cant have it both ways brain child for the love of shit a european liberal should even be able to figure that out.

I agree the law about taking pics is assinine so heres a little tip you worry about your shit and we will worry about ours.

everybody has dumb ass thats nothing new pick up a history book what country are you from Im sure they have done it at one time or another.

Wow, YOU'RE QUITE THE MELTDOWN MACHINE!!!!!!!

Did I at any point say that we should abandon all security checks? Nope. My opinion is just that since 9/11 things have gone overboard.

Fighting terrorism does not require raping your own citizens. There were tons of warning signs before 9/11 but the critical factor was that it didn't get acted upon, it was not a matter of whether the government had invasive gestapo laws at its disposal or not. Terrorists actually got arrested pre 9/11, believe it or not. Terrorists actually successfully committed their crimes post 9/11 even with a big brother government that's supposed to keep us safe, believe it or not.

If everyone "does it" as you put it then I guess you have no trouble with a bunch of russians invading your community with armed forces and make you their bitch? I mean, everyone does it.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the "stupid ass european lib" comments would start rearing their ugly face in your posts. Gosh, what is it with supposedly "conservative" americans and their propaganda-induced tunnel vision of reality?

Honestly man, do whatever makes you happy whether that be encouraging Gestapo laws, salute the american war machine or reporting your neighbor for "suspicious" activity.
from incomplete data

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
Hahaha, yes the war against terror has been so successful  ::)

Yes, so far it has been. We haven't had an attack on our soil in 8 years. But since Obama has taken office it's getting down right scary. More threats, more attacks on our troops, Obama taking his time on troop deployment, McChrystal basically having to track Obama down an cornering him for an answer while he's off to Copenhagen with a talk show host trying to get the Olympics and getting shot down in the first round.

His priorities are completely wacked.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »
Wow, YOU'RE QUITE THE MELTDOWN MACHINE!!!!!!!

Did I at any point say that we should abandon all security checks? Nope. My opinion is just that since 9/11 things have gone overboard.

Fighting terrorism does not require raping your own citizens. There were tons of warning signs before 9/11 but the critical factor was that it didn't get acted upon, it was not a matter of whether the government had invasive gestapo laws at its disposal or not. Terrorists actually got arrested pre 9/11, believe it or not. Terrorists actually successfully committed their crimes post 9/11 even with a big brother government that's supposed to keep us safe, believe it or not.

If everyone "does it" as you put it then I guess you have no trouble with a bunch of russians invading your community with armed forces and make you their bitch? I mean, everyone does it.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the "stupid ass european lib" comments would start rearing their ugly face in your posts. Gosh, what is it with supposedly "conservative" americans and their propaganda-induced tunnel vision of reality?

Honestly man, do whatever makes you happy whether that be encouraging Gestapo laws, salute the american war machine or reporting your neighbor for "suspicious" activity.
sorry hoss again this isnt the G&O the whole melt down bs doesnt work here

I like how you didnt address my point about the thwarting of the terrorist plots and how that info was obtained, thats ok i wouldnt either if i were you as it makes you look like quite the dolt  ;)

so other then those laws we know you are for b/c you cite their results as good things what raping of our citizens do we do?

and as for the russian comment if i lived in europe i would be glad you have america with russia there b/c your little ass aint gonna do shit but ask us for help bro

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
This is disgraceful.  This pig of a president could not have the humility to step aside and let someone really deserving have it?

Al Gore wins Nobel Prize over woman who saved 2,500 lives
www.liveleak.com

Warsaw, Poland - Irena Sendler - credited with saving some 2,500 Jewish children from the Nazi Holocaust by smuggling them out of the Warsaw Ghetto, some of them in baskets - died Monday, her family said. She was 98.

Sendler was a 29-year-old social worker with the city's welfare department when Germany invaded Poland in September 1939, launching World War II. Warsaw's Jews were forced into More..a walled-off ghetto.

Seeking to save the ghetto's children, Sendler masterminded risky rescue operations. Under the pretext of inspecting sanitary conditions during a typhoid outbreak, she and her assistants ventured inside the ghetto - and smuggled out babies and small children in ambulances and in trams, sometimes wrapped up as packages.

Teenagers escaped by joining teams of workers forced to labor outside the ghetto. They were placed in families, orphanages, hospitals or convents.

Records show that Sendler's team of about 20 people saved nearly 2,500 children from the Warsaw Ghetto between October 1940 and its final liquidation in April 1943, when the Nazis burned the ghetto, shooting the residents or sending them to death camps.

In hopes of one day uniting the children with their families - most of whom perished in the Nazis' death camps, Sendler wrote the children's real names on slips of paper that she kept at home.

When German police came to arrest her in 1943, an assistant managed to hide the slips, which Sendler later buried in a jar under an apple tree in an associate's yard. Some 2,500 names were recorded.

Anyone caught helping Jews in Nazi-occupied Poland risked being summarily shot, along with family members - a fate Sendler only barely escaped herself after the 1943 raid by the Gestapo. The Nazis took her to the notorious Pawiak prison, which few people left alive. Gestapo agents tortured her repeatedly, leaving Sendler with scars on her body - but she refused to betray her team. Zegota, an underground organization helping Jews, paid a bribe to German guards to free her from the prison. Under a different name, she continued her work.

After World War II, Sendler continued to assist some of the children she rescued.

Irena Sendler was nominated for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize, but did not win. The winner was Al Gore who narrated a slide show.
R

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »

Al Gore wins Nobel Prize over woman who saved 2,500 lives

Warsaw, Poland - Irena Sendler - credited with saving some 2,500 Jewish children from the Nazi Holocaust by smuggling them out of the Warsaw Ghetto, some of them in baskets - died Monday, her family said. She was 98.

Sendler was a 29-year-old social worker with the city's welfare department when Germany invaded Poland in September 1939, launching World War II. Warsaw's Jews were forced into More..a walled-off ghetto.

Seeking to save the ghetto's children, Sendler masterminded risky rescue operations. Under the pretext of inspecting sanitary conditions during a typhoid outbreak, she and her assistants ventured inside the ghetto - and smuggled out babies and small children in ambulances and in trams, sometimes wrapped up as packages.

Teenagers escaped by joining teams of workers forced to labor outside the ghetto. They were placed in families, orphanages, hospitals or convents.

Records show that Sendler's team of about 20 people saved nearly 2,500 children from the Warsaw Ghetto between October 1940 and its final liquidation in April 1943, when the Nazis burned the ghetto, shooting the residents or sending them to death camps.

In hopes of one day uniting the children with their families - most of whom perished in the Nazis' death camps, Sendler wrote the children's real names on slips of paper that she kept at home.

When German police came to arrest her in 1943, an assistant managed to hide the slips, which Sendler later buried in a jar under an apple tree in an associate's yard. Some 2,500 names were recorded.

Anyone caught helping Jews in Nazi-occupied Poland risked being summarily shot, along with family members - a fate Sendler only barely escaped herself after the 1943 raid by the Gestapo. The Nazis took her to the notorious Pawiak prison, which few people left alive. Gestapo agents tortured her repeatedly, leaving Sendler with scars on her body - but she refused to betray her team. Zegota, an underground organization helping Jews, paid a bribe to German guards to free her from the prison. Under a different name, she continued her work.

After World War II, Sendler continued to assist some of the children she rescued.

Irena Sendler was nominated for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize, but did not win. The winner was Al Gore who narrated a slide show.
gore saves the planet

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »
Obama admits that too.  He accepts it as a challenge.  in the end, he's the guy with 1.4 million and the world applauding him.  now he has to follow thru on this peace agenda.  It's not like any other world leader is trying to limit nukes.

1.4mil won't even cover the cost of the trip when he goes to accept it, they should spend the $40.00 and ship it FED EX. And right now the world is laughing at him not applauding him.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »
R

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2009, 10:20:24 AM »
gore saves the planet

Hahahaha.........sure he did.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »
gore saves the planet
bush saved many live in africa with his aids help

much more then obama has done thus far certainly more then obama had done with the first 2 weeks of his presidency which was the cut off for nominations...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2009, 10:22:43 AM »
And how many lives and tax dollars did this cost America?

Hedge I can go back and forth with in a civilized discussion about Afghanistan. You on the other hand have demonstrated a total seperation from intelligence and reality with the above posting.

By your moronic standards, the terrorists won on 911 and there is no way to ever defeat them because there is tighter airport security and more taxation??? Do you remember the state of the country on 9/12/01? The whole financial system, airtravel, etc. shut down completely. Since then dozens of terrorist plots have been thwarted, thousands of terrorists have been killed or arrested and not a single act of terror has been committed on our shores. I fail to see how America becoming more vigilant in protecting the countries national security is a loss.

Its precisely because of needledick, pie in the sky politicians like you that Islamic terrorism was allowed to fester unchecked for years and years until we had 911. Being re-active instead of pro-active doesnt work dumbass. Ignoring the problem and "hoping" it will disappear by itself isn't an effective strategy for dealing with terrorism.

I supposed that Doctors should tell cancer patients not to seek treatment because if they just pretend there is no Cancer, they will become healthy again right?
 ::)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »
Harry Reid: Obama Earned It

A statement from the Senate Majority Leader:

“By ushering in a period of optimism in American politics, President Obama has become a great source of pride and inspiration for many Americans. I congratulate the President on this tremendous honor that he has earned with his dedication to a new type of politics based on hope instead of fear. I am confident that the President will work to continue to live up the ideals of this award throughout his term in office.”

::) ::) ::)  i'm so glad he's getting ousted come November 2010. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »
sorry hoss again this isnt the G&O the whole melt down bs doesnt work here

I like how you didnt address my point about the thwarting of the terrorist plots and how that info was obtained, thats ok i wouldnt either if i were you as it makes you look like quite the dolt  ;)

so other then those laws we know you are for b/c you cite their results as good things what raping of our citizens do we do?

and as for the russian comment if i lived in europe i would be glas you have america with russia there b/c your little ass aint gonna do shit but ask us for help bro

I did address your points..?

And you've avoided several of my points as well. But I'm assuming it's OK for you if someone were to invade your community with armed forces? Cool.

So you're obviously in favor of a big brother government. My question to you is how far would you be willing to compromise your freedom in order to catch terrorists? Where is your limit if any?
from incomplete data

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »
Or ended the Iraqi war.

And he's considering sending in even more troops in Afghanistan.

Does that sound like a man that should receive a Peace Prize?

The answer is 'not just no, but HELL no!'

Regarding Afghanistan, he just announced an end to the war against the Taliban, but in the same breath has now declared war on al-Qaeda.  Great.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2009, 10:33:26 AM »
I did address your points..?

And you've avoided several of my points as well. But I'm assuming it's OK for you if someone were to invade your community with armed forces? Cool.

So you're obviously in favor of a big brother government. My question to you is how far would you be willing to compromise your freedom in order to catch terrorists? Where is your limit if any?
bring it on little boy bring your military over here and see what happens...

how do you think the fbi etc obtained the info to thwart those terrorist plots?

the same could be said for you, how many innocent ppl are you willing to let die to not inconvience you?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2009, 10:34:46 AM »

Hedge I can go back and forth with in a civilized discussion about Afghanistan. You on the other hand have demonstrated a total seperation from intelligence and reality with the above posting.

By your moronic standards, the terrorists won on 911 and there is no way to ever defeat them because there is tighter airport security and more taxation??? Do you remember the state of the country on 9/12/01? The whole financial system, airtravel, etc. shut down completely. Since then dozens of terrorist plots have been thwarted, thousands of terrorists have been killed or arrested and not a single act of terror has been committed on our shores. I fail to see how America becoming more vigilant in protecting the countries national security is a loss.

Its precisely because of needledick, pie in the sky politicians like you that Islamic terrorism was allowed to fester unchecked for years and years until we had 911. Being re-active instead of pro-active doesnt work dumbass. Ignoring the problem and "hoping" it will disappear by itself isn't an effective strategy for dealing with terrorism.

I supposed that Doctors should tell cancer patients not to seek treatment because if they just pretend there is no Cancer, they will become healthy again right?
 ::)

Compare the death toll and costs between the 9/11 attacks and the two wars you've got in the Middle East. What's the bigger tragedy in your mind?

I'll ask you the same question, how far would you be willing to compromise in order to kill terrorists?
from incomplete data