Author Topic: Update on Booker T & Umaga....  (Read 2170 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Update on Booker T & Umaga....
« on: October 09, 2009, 05:22:49 AM »
Now of course these are just internet rumours from the PWI site...

As reported yesterday, there was drama backstage at the TNA iMPACT! tapings Monday night as Booker T refused to do a job for Matt Morgan. According to sources, Booker has been telling people for weeks that he will be going back to WWE when his TNA deal expires, which is apparently soon (November). All of this comes after the recent Zurich, Switzerland show where Booker left the ring and refused to go back out and wrestle due to Scott Steiner sparking fans to throw things into the ring. The backstage reaction to that was "good riddance." Word is that Booker feels just like Christian did at the end of his TNA stint, but that Christian handled things more professionally. Some in WWE are already talking about having Booker T back soon.

-- Former WWE performer Edward "Eddie" Fatu (a.k.a. Umaga) was scheduled to film a "shoot" interview this week, but canceled. Apparently, he feels may be returning to World Wrestling Entertainment. The two-time Intercontinental Champion was released by the company on June 8, 2009 as a result of his refusal to Enter a rehabilitation facility.

Looks like the WWE is getting tired of the same  old fueds and is trying to sign some guys?

cobra_4

• Getbig II
Re: Update on Booker T & Umaga....
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:10:15 AM »
Im glad to see Umaga back. I think he had huge potential. As long as they bring Booker T. in as a face he could make a nice impact.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 08:43:28 AM »
Im glad to see Umaga back. I think he had huge potential. As long as they bring Booker T. in as a face he could make a nice impact.
Me too. Umaga especially.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:57:28 AM »
Right now just about any fresh face on Raw besides all these new guys getting rushed would be nice.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 04:29:33 AM »
I always though Umaga had HUGE potential. That I quit match against Cena sucked. Umaga was undefeated up until then. If they give him a different finisher then that thumb spike thingy? The guy is awesome! Cool entrance music as well.

Agreed a finisher would really help him.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »
I would like to see Umaga back, I was amazed when I saw he'd been released.  He was always a solid worker, good gimmick, popular with the crowd.  I also agree that he needs a big finisher.  Like that forward fireman's carry slam thing that Finlay does sometimes.  That'd look good from a guy his size.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 04:37:56 AM »
Yeah his finisher needs to be some sort of power move for sure.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 04:27:51 AM »
Some kinda high impact power movement. He already has the splash from the top rope. The bull dozer move when he runs across the ring and he crushes the opponent stting in the corner. I mean keep the spike. But not as his finish. He needs some kinda somoan death slam or something. He's a Big dude. He can probably slam pretty much everyone in the Federation. Except Khali, Kane, Henry, and Show.
Umaga has a sick looking splash that he used to do off the top rope when he was a memeber of 3 Minute Warning back in 2002. I don't see why he doesn't use it. His agility is phenomenal.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
Umaga has a sick looking splash that he used to do off the top rope when he was a memeber of 3 Minute Warning back in 2002. I don't see why he doesn't use it. His agility is phenomenal.
              whatever happened to umaga partner the superhero rosie? these guys are all related they got rid of alfa youngest son pretty quick to.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
              whatever happened to umaga partner the superhero rosie? these guys are all related they got rid of alfa youngest son pretty quick to.
I believe Rosie is wrestling the indies.