Author Topic: Captain Phonesex debates Richard Dawkins  (Read 1895 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Captain Phonesex debates Richard Dawkins
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:39:45 PM »

I would be embarrassed to be so ignorant, but I suppose that is part of the problem. Billo is too dim to realize how dim he really is.These people love to use that word fascism. They don't care what it means, they just throw it out there as a label for anything they disagree with

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Captain Phonesex debates Richard Dawkins
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »
Even if I were to share the same political or religious views that O'Reilly does I would never in my life take any kind of advice from that man. He's dumber than dinosaur shit. How coach can listen to him and Rush and take them seriously is beyond me.

I'd LOVE to see Hitchens and O'Reilly in any sort of debate. Bill can be quite intimidating to some(Dawkins has all the arguments on his side but is quite timid in his personality) but Christopher Hitchens is just straight up savage in debates and can put anyone to shame. Especially O'Reilly.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 12:13:09 PM »
Even if I were to share the same political or religious views that O'Reilly does I would never in my life take any kind of advice from that man. He's dumber than dinosaur shit. How coach can listen to him and Rush and take them seriously is beyond me.

I'd LOVE to see Hitchens and O'Reilly in any sort of debate. Bill can be quite intimidating to some(Dawkins has all the arguments on his side but is quite timid in his personality) but Christopher Hitchens is just straight up savage in debates and can put anyone to shame. Especially O'Reilly.

Hitchens may be more entertaining. But I doubt he can put O'Reilly to shame.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 12:16:49 PM »
Hitchens may be more entertaining. But I doubt he can put O'Reilly to shame.

Well O'Reilly can shout all he wants but Hitchens has a way with words that's gonna make Bill look particularity stupid. It's all hypothetical but I'd love to see a debate like that happen.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 12:21:46 PM »
Well O'Reilly can shout all he wants but Hitchens has a way with words that's gonna make Bill look particularity stupid. It's all hypothetical but I'd love to see a debate like that happen.

Hitchens' way with words tend to be more condescending with a hint of humor. I don't that such an approach would rattle O'Reilly.

But, I wouldn't mind seeing him on O'Reilly's show. Or, at least, have him  go toe-to-toe with another guest.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
This also makes me wonder why such a thing hasn't happened yet... Dawkin's has been featured on the show among countless others when it comes to atheism or anti-theism. Considering how popular/famous Hitchens is he should have been on the show by now. Perhaps ole Bill doesn't wanna take that chance  :D
from incomplete data

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

ask and u shall receive

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »

ask and u shall receive

Not as dramatic as expected.. Hitchens certainly held his own though. Wonder what would happen in a debate about religion.
from incomplete data

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 02:09:50 PM »

he's good on this one

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »
O'Reilly doesn't want to have the kahonas to invite the brilliant minds of those like Ravi Zacharias.  He could break Dawkins and Hitchens in no time. 

This is a 6-part speech and debate.  Check it out if you really want to dig into this for an answer

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »

he's good on this one

Hahaha yes, that's a classic right there.
from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 03:17:35 PM »
O'Reilly doesn't want to have the kahonas to invite the brilliant minds of those like Ravi Zacharias.  He could break Dawkins and Hitchens in no time.  
This is a 6-part speech and debate.  Check it out if you really want to dig into this for an answer

Cool, I'm still pretty sure Hitchen's can take him on with ease. Never seen him lose a debate on religion. Besides, anyone arguing for the existence of a deity is always at a disadvantage.
from incomplete data