Author Topic: Bertil Fox posing in 1994  (Read 25630 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Bertil Fox posing in 1994
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »
Bertil could allegedly bench press 525 for 3-4 reps at his strongest.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 12:27:15 AM »
well it seems many young  gays today dont know big beef it betil  fox, but all knows the dude had crazy  ass pecs and arm s and was the gratest  bb of the 80s. anfortunlatly he  got fucked over by the penile  system sent to st kitts prision  by two mouthy whores  who got away scott free like womens always do  when  the law gets invol ved. all pleas e  remmebr this grate bb, hed have  7 or 8 os alredy but now  hes not even  on staige cuz of the brainlees legal

fucking gorila

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 12:51:59 AM »

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 02:21:11 AM »
Even now lookin huge.
But poses like a idiot.

not only does he pose like an idiot...the poses he "picks/creates" are idiotic.

he always irritated the fuck out of me. never liked his physique except for when it was in a tank top.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 04:53:39 AM »
Bertils main problem was that he had no idea about dieting,and as more guys got into shredded condition in the 80s,he didn`t have the nutrition knowledge to keep up with them.Ron Davies,who used to be the president of the EFBB and the head judge at the olympia told me that Bertil never took any advice on nutrition and how he`d starve himself for a few days then eat jars of peanut butter,Rick Wayne talked about this on a documentary.Plus he never took responsibility for how he looked it was always the "white" judges fault,he absolutely hates whites,thats what pushed him over the edge when he killed the two women.He found out she had been having an affair with a white guy.And Bertil is about 5`7"-5`8",i`ve met him a couple of times,and what Big Al means is that when you see him in clothes he doesn`t look particularly big,he`s got fairly narrow shoulders.Onstage is a different matter.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2009, 10:08:47 AM »
well it seems many young  gays today dont know big beef it betil  fox, but all knows the dude had crazy  ass pecs and arm s and was the gratest  bb of the 80s. anfortunlatly he  got fucked over by the penile  system sent to st kitts prision  by two mouthy whores  who got away scott free like womens always do  when  the law gets invol ved. all pleas e  remmebr this grate bb, hed have  7 or 8 os alredy but now  hes not even  on staige cuz of the brainlees legal

fucking gorila
Although im a fan of Bertil,he wouldnt have '7 or 8 os' by now,he was well finished in bodybuilding by the time he got iin trouble
And the two mouthy bitches who 'got away scott free' were infact shot to death in the incident

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 10:11:50 AM »

fucking gorila

Legendary.  ;D

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2009, 01:26:29 PM »
Bertils main problem was that he had no idea about dieting,and as more guys got into shredded condition in the 80s,he didn`t have the nutrition knowledge to keep up with them.Ron Davies,who used to be the president of the EFBB and the head judge at the olympia told me that Bertil never took any advice on nutrition and how he`d starve himself for a few days then eat jars of peanut butter,Rick Wayne talked about this on a documentary.Plus he never took responsibility for how he looked it was always the "white" judges fault,he absolutely hates whites,thats what pushed him over the edge when he killed the two women.He found out she had been having an affair with a white guy.And Bertil is about 5`7"-5`8",i`ve met him a couple of times,and what Big Al means is that when you see him in clothes he doesn`t look particularly big,he`s got fairly narrow shoulders.Onstage is a different matter.

Thanks Crownshep, nice to know that someone is sensible enough to understand the point I was making. The first time I stood next to him he was wearing a tracksuit and he looked like a normal person. It was his muscle incertions which made him look so large. If someone has a picture of the final 6 lineup at the 83 Olympia you can see that he does not outmuscle Sammir when standing next to him. On his own though he looks like a monster.
Did you see the documentary about Bertil ? It showed him coming out of the court wearing one of his suits which he must have bought when he was big. He looked like he weighed 150lbs and with his old suit on he looked like a little boy wearing his daddys suite for a joke.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 08:27:09 PM »
Thanks Crownshep, nice to know that someone is sensible enough to understand the point I was making. The first time I stood next to him he was wearing a tracksuit and he looked like a normal person. It was his muscle incertions which made him look so large. If someone has a picture of the final 6 lineup at the 83 Olympia you can see that he does not outmuscle Sammir when standing next to him. On his own though he looks like a monster.
Did you see the documentary about Bertil ? It showed him coming out of the court wearing one of his suits which he must have bought when he was big. He looked like he weighed 150lbs and with his old suit on he looked like a little boy wearing his daddys suite for a joke.

Dude, your writing is more of a personal attack against the guy. Did he do or say something to hurt your feelings?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
Bertil's main problem is the penil system.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »

fucking gorila
this.
follow the arrows

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2009, 03:49:09 AM »

Yes i did,i also remember the pic in Flex magazine where he wore the suit at a court appearance and the collar looked about 4 inch too big for his neck.You`re right when you use the words "muscle insertions",the two most impressive arms i`ve ever seen up close were Danny Padilla and Makkawy who were known for that quality.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »
Bertil was so narrow.  ;D

Bodybuilding Pro.com

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
Thank you Matt, something positive from you about Bertil. By the way, standing next to him in a bar one time probably doesn't make you an expert on his height Big Al. Nice try though.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 08:52:23 PM »
Bertil was so narrow.  ;D

260 pounds of offseason NARROWNESS right there.

Besides, BIG AL makes EVERYONE look tiny  :-*

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
I bet anyone who says Bertil was narrow or not that big has never ever seen him in person.  I have told the story a few times on here.  But I was at World Gym the first day he came in.  Kal was so excited.  He was going around making sure everyone knew Bertil was there.  He was enormous.  I was about 240 at the time and he was just HUGE and THICK and strong as fuck.  I love it on here where people put down people they have never ever met.  Unless you have seen Bertil in person (more than just seeing him across the room) and watched him train then honestly you don't know shit.  That picture of him and Arnold is how I saw him.
No Worries 4 me

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:58 PM »
Thank you Matt, something positive from you about Bertil. By the way, standing next to him in a bar one time probably doesn't make you an expert on his height Big Al. Nice try though.

I did say before that Bertil's form was bad, which is true if you look at his cadence.  However, I also admitted that Bertil was likely stronger than 90% of current pros.  Also, I don't care how bad your form is, if you bench 500+ for reps with a full range of motion, you are strong by any definition.

Here are some links and pictures of Bertil Fox if anyone is interested:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bertilfox.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/brutalbertilfoxdvd.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bertilfoxseminarandposingdvdreview.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bertilfoxbrutalbertilfoxintrainingdvdreview.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bertilfoxbrutalbertilfoxintraining2dvdreview.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bertilfoxbrutalbertilfoxintraining2dvdreview2.html

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=851

He's still a legend in bodybuilding.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »
I bet anyone who says Bertil was narrow or not that big has never ever seen him in person.  I have told the story a few times on here.  But I was at World Gym the first day he came in.  Kal was so excited.  He was going around making sure everyone knew Bertil was there.  He was enormous.  I was about 240 at the time and he was just HUGE and THICK and strong as fuck.  I love it on here where people put down people they have never ever met.  Unless you have seen Bertil in person (more than just seeing him across the room) and watched him train then honestly you don't know shit.  That picture of him and Arnold is how I saw him.

I've met the guy maybe 10 times. Crownshep says he has met him too. We both say he looks small in clothes and is not as big as he looks.
All you other dudes who have not met him think he is so large. By the way, he was my choice for Mr Olympia 1982 and 1983 and is probably my favourite physique since the late 1960's when he won Junior Mr Britain at the age of 17.   

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »
The pic of him with Arnold is when he was in off season shape,me and Al are talking about seeing him in clothes in contest condition,look at the pic above when he competed at 194.Bertil was not naturally wide,you only have to see the rear lat spread of him when he dieted down for the 82 NOC.I`m not someone who has "seen him across the room",i`ve seen most top pros from the 80s and 90s train up close,they all trained at Nottingham health club when i worked there when they competed in the grand prixs.Its only a couple of weeks ago on here that people who saw Jay in clothes in contest shape weighing about 260 were calling him small,now when me and Al say we have seen Bertil in clothes in contest shape and his weight varied from 194 to probably 220,and thats not supposedly small.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2009, 09:17:01 AM »
The pic of him with Arnold is when he was in off season shape,me and Al are talking about seeing him in clothes in contest condition,look at the pic above when he competed at 194.Bertil was not naturally wide,you only have to see the rear lat spread of him when he dieted down for the 82 NOC.I`m not someone who has "seen him across the room",i`ve seen most top pros from the 80s and 90s train up close,they all trained at Nottingham health club when i worked there when they competed in the grand prixs.Its only a couple of weeks ago on here that people who saw Jay in clothes in contest shape weighing about 260 were calling him small,now when me and Al say we have seen Bertil in clothes in contest shape and his weight varied from 194 to probably 220,and thats not supposedly small.

wow... look at these photos... Fuller, Mentzer, Dave Jones all dead... Fox in jail for double homicide...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:59 AM »
Bodybuilding's O.J for sure.  :-\