Author Topic: Shoulder routine  (Read 7916 times)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: Shoulder routine
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »
dumbell press
barbell press in front or behind, it varies
upright rows or db side laterals
bent over rear laterals or cable rear laterals standing or on bench
db or cable front raises
tank u jesus

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »
Do you guys keep your shoulders more in front or back of the body when pressing?

I have narrow shoulders and never could really feel the shoulders working... mostly traps when doing presses.
Since I keep my shoulders pushed back, upper back tense and started behind the neck presses - I can really feel them working... now I am eager on training them.

Are people with short clavicles in general more prone to overdeveloping their traps while working shoulders?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »
Do you guys keep your shoulders more in front or back of the body when pressing?

I have narrow shoulders and never could really feel the shoulders working... mostly traps when doing presses.
Since I keep my shoulders pushed back, upper back tense and started behind the neck presses - I can really feel them working... now I am eager on training them.

Are people with short clavicles in general more prone to overdeveloping their traps while working shoulders?

If you are only feeling the traps when pressing I would say that your delts are either 1) exhausted, or 2) the weight is too heavy.

Short clavicles don't automatically equate to bigger and stronger traps. It may appear that way (optical illusion) but you need to really concentrate on isolating the lateral heads of the delts... possibly with higher reps and lighter weights.

You will probably always feel something in the traps because you cannot totally eliminate them from your shoulder work. When you raise your arm to the side for a lateral raise, what is your trap doing?

Answer: It is flexing like a bicep right at the top and against the neck. People who are looking for larger traps might want to consider that...  ;D

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
Seated dumbell presses 10-8-8-8
Standing side raises       10-8-8
Standing rear raises       10-8-8
Dumbell shrugs              2x10

Shoulders are  a wierd muscle group. I feel they respond better on pressing with sets of 8 with good form rather than crazy heavy wieght. For most working up to sets of 8-10 with 80s-100s will build some nice mass. The problem with side and rear raises is that you could only add so much wieght on these exersizes. On side raises 40-50s for eight to ten is plenty. On rear raises 50-60s for 8-10 for most is good. On delts focusing on good form with moderate to heavy wieght seems to work for most and myself.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »
Watch this shit...