Author Topic: Obama given the Nobel "for what he HAS DONE"!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2113 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Obama given the Nobel "for what he HAS DONE"!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:07:50 AM »
ok so all the obama butt plugs on here saying its for what he may do etc...

the judges have come out and stated its for what he has done

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091013/ap_on_re_eu/eu_nobel_peace_obama

We simply disagree that he has done nothing," committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland told the AP on Tuesday. "He got the prize for what he has done."

Jagland singled out Obama's efforts to heal the divide between the West and the Muslim world and scale down a Bush-era proposal for an anti-missile shield in Europe.

even though he simply replace the missle shield with another program designed to do the same thing?  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama given the Nobel "for what he HAS DONE"!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:45:20 AM »

We simply disagree that he has done nothing," committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland told the AP on Tuesday. "He got the prize for what he has done."

Jagland singled out Obama's efforts to heal the divide between the West and the Muslim world and scale down a Bush-era proposal for an anti-missile shield in Europe.

even though he simply replace the missle shield with another program designed to do the same thing?  ::)

Very simple Tony.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:55:08 AM »
Yes making a speech read from a teleprompter written by someone else is quite an accomplishment.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »
Like I was saying yesterday.  The teleprompter got robbed.  It should have received the Nobel Peace Prize. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 10:15:46 AM »
This is the perfect example of grade inflation and affirmative action on full display.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
Bump for the liberals

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »

if you listen to the full questioning of the chairman, what he has done basically equals, "Not being George Bush" LOL

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:44 AM »
if you listen to the full questioning of the chairman, what he has done basically equals, "Not being George Bush" LOL

Under your analysis, you too are eligable for the Nobel peace Price.  how does it feel Hugo knowing that you too are only a heartbeat away from a once prestigious prize like this since you too are not GWB?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »
Under your analysis, you too are eligable for the Nobel peace Price.  how does it feel Hugo knowing that you too are only a heartbeat away from a once prestigious prize like this since you too are not GWB?
I want one too!!! 8)  Could you guys give me one!!! HUGO!!! HUGO!!!! HUGO!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 11:37:37 AM »
I want one too!!! 8)  Could you guys give me one!!! HUGO!!! HUGO!!!! HUGO!!!
Ill nominate you next year 2 weeks before hand and then you can make some speechs to some local high schools

youll be a sure win.... ;D

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
You just want to 1.4 Million, you can't fool me ;D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »
You just want to 1.4 Million, you can't fool me ;D

After taxes you are looking at maybe $550k.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »
Bump for the liberals

How are those poll numbers coming along?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 12:09:48 PM »
How are those poll numbers coming along?
hahah and that has what to do with this lurker?

epic deflecting and lack of comprehension  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »

guess they missed this ??? :-\ :-X

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
Well, I guess that seals the debate...since Obama had not done anything deserving yet (or in the 2 weeks he was president when nominated), it's obvious that this liberal board is pushing hard for Obama.  Really quite pathetic.  There were others that truely deserved the award for what they have already done.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »
Ill nominate you next year 2 weeks before hand and then you can make some speechs to some local high schools

youll be a sure win.... ;D
right on dude ;D  I'm gonna be nobel special...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »
After taxes you are looking at maybe $550k.
I'll take it ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 01:18:45 PM »
I'll take it ;D

Shit - me too. 

Maybe I could build my log cabin in the Adirondacks, with solar panels, well, fresh water stream, stocked lake with fish for food, acreage for food etc.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 02:20:18 PM »
I second the nomination for Hugo...why not!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »
Hell, I'll 3rd the nomination.  Just by serving as a moderator on this board he's done more towards peace than Barry.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
haha Yea!!! ;D woohoo!!!

I have one up on Obama, not only am I not Bush, I go under the name of a guy Bush hated royally :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 02:39:14 PM »
haha Yea!!! ;D woohoo!!!

I have one up on Obama, not only am I not Bush, I go under the name of a guy Bush hated royally :D

FROM THE NOBEL SITE:
________________________ _________

Qualified Nominators
The right to submit proposals for the Nobel Peace Prize shall, by statute, be enjoyed by:

1. Members of national assemblies and governments of states;

2. Members of international courts;

3. University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes;

4. Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;

5. Board members of organizations who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize;

6. Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1) and

7. Former advisers appointed by the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

The Nobel Peace Prize may also be awarded to institutions and associations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 02:41:35 PM »
Process of Nomination and Selection

The Norwegian Nobel Committee is responsible for the selection of eligible candidates and the choice of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates. The Committee is composed of five members appointed by the Storting (Norwegian parliament). The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway, not in Stockholm, Sweden, where the Nobel Prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and the Economics Prize are awarded.

Who is eligible for the Prize

The candidates eligible for the Nobel Peace Prize are those nominated by qualified individuals. See Qualified Nominators. » No one can nominate him- or herself.

How are the Nobel Laureates selected?

Below is a brief description of the process involved in selecting the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.

September – Invitation letters are sent out. The Nobel Committee sends out invitation letters to individuals qualified to nominate – members of national assemblies, governments, and international courts of law; university chancellors, professors of social science, history, philosophy, law and theology; leaders of peace research institutes and institutes of foreign affairs; previous Nobel Peace Prize Laureates; board members of organizations that have received the Nobel Peace Prize; present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; and former advisers of the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

February – Deadline for submission. The Committee bases its assessment on nominations that must be postmarked no later than 1 February each year. Nominations postmarked and received after this date are included in the following year's discussions. In recent years, the Committee has received close to 200 different nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The number of nominating letters is much higher, as many are for the same candidates.

February-March – Short list. The Committee assesses the candidates' work and prepares a short list.

March-August – Adviser review. The short list is reviewed by permanent advisers and advisers specially recruited for their knowledge of specific candidates. The advisers do not directly evaluate nominations nor give explicit recommendations.

October – Nobel Laureates are chosen. At the beginning of October, the Nobel Committee chooses the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates through a majority vote. The decision is final and without appeal. The names of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates are then announced.

December – Nobel Laureates receive their prize. The Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony takes place on 10 December in Oslo, Norway, where the Nobel Laureates receive their Nobel Prize, which consists of a Nobel Medal and Diploma, and a document confirming the prize amount.

Are the nominations made public?

The statutes of the Nobel Foundation restrict disclosure of information about the nominations, whether publicly or privately, for 50 years. The restriction concerns the nominees and nominators, as well as investigations and opinions related to the award of a prize.