Author Topic: Rush's racist rants  (Read 4173 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Rush's racist rants
« on: October 14, 2009, 12:57:40 AM »
While I don't personally like Rush Limbaugh, at times, I thought that maybe he was unfairly being labeled a racist.

Until I read this...

1. I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela - who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

7. They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).

9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve.

10. On Obama : a 'halfrican American', an 'affirmative action candidate.' Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show 'Barack the Magic Negro' using an antiquated Jim Crow era term for black a man who many Americans are supporting for president.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=49519
G

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Re: Rush's racist rants
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 02:21:05 AM »
Your post proves that plain common sense is far more important than intelligence.  Use your head. Rush wouldnt be on the air if he said those things.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:40:08 AM »
Do you think he'll sue the San Fransisco Chornicle?

Seems like a credible source to me.
G

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:29:17 AM »
Your post proves that plain common sense is far more important than intelligence.  Use your head. Rush wouldnt be on the air if he said those things.
BWHAHAHahahahaha.... guess again.  Some of this stuff he has said...

He appologised for the "bone in the nose" comment saying he regreted it, so that's true.

I'm pretty sure I remember the comment about Jesse Jackson but that was a long time ago.  It sounds really familiar, he said something like that.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/01/20/rush-limbaugh-classless-players-look-like-bloods-and-crips/24

LIMBAUGH: Yeah. This is -- you're not going to believe this, but it's very simple. And the sooner you believe it, and the sooner you let this truth permeate the boundaries you have that tell you this is just simply not possible, the better you will understand Democrats in everything. You are right. They want to get us out of Iraq, but they can't wait to get us into Darfur.
CALLER: Right.

LIMBAUGH: There are two reasons. What color is the skin of the people in Darfur?

CALLER: Uh, yeah.

LIMBAUGH: It's black. And who do the Democrats really need to keep voting for them? If they lose a significant percentage of this voting bloc, they're in trouble.

CALLER: Yes. Yes. The black population.

LIMBAUGH: Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela -- who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1001/1628537.html

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/guy.mp3

Some of them appear to be not true or the sources can't be tracked down.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh.asp

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 04:11:41 AM »
Do you think he'll sue the San Fransisco Chornicle?

Seems like a credible source to me.
Los Angeles Times I guess published a similar list back in 2000.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:29:40 AM »
Los Angeles Times I guess published a similar list back in 2000.

In all fairness Hugo - i think if Rush said all those things, the clips should be available and put in their proper context. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:34:20 AM »
In all fairness Hugo - i think if Rush said all those things, the clips should be available and put in their proper context. 
I posted the link to snopes which shows which ones could be varified above.  What more do you want in fairness from me?  I only posted on the one's I know about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 04:39:14 AM »
I posted the link to snopes which shows which ones could be varified above.  What more do you want in fairness from me?  I only posted on the one's I know about.

The magic negro thing was started by Al Sharpton. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 04:42:02 AM »
In his own words:

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 04:56:11 AM »
The magic negro thing was started by Al Sharpton.  

I would have to say that was typical shit from Al Sharpton.  Sounds like he was jealous.  I'm not sure how that makes it right for Rush to use it :-\  I gotta agree with that Lamont.  I'm also quite sure that Rush ran with it under a differenct context and reason than Al.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 04:57:18 AM »
333, are you actually going to defend the things above that he really did say and are proven?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 05:01:29 AM »
333, are you actually going to defend the things above that he really did say and are proven?

I have to hear it in the context.  Rush says these are lies.  We'll see what it what.  But i need to see the entire statement in contexct with the sentence before, and the sentence after. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 05:08:52 AM »
I have to hear it in the context.  Rush says these are lies.  We'll see what it what.  But i need to see the entire statement in contexct with the sentence before, and the sentence after. 
some of the context is up there ::)  I put links up.  You never give do you.  Never once on this board that I remember.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 05:20:36 AM »
some of the context is up there ::)  I put links up.  You never give do you.  Never once on this board that I remember.

Ill give you one example of what you posted up there. 

The one about blacks being only 12% of population most likely had to do with the gOP making efforts to reach out to that group for votes.  i listen to Rush and have heard stuff like that before in terms of winning elections, etc. 

I have no problem at all with that if he said that because its the damn truth. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 05:52:36 AM »
Ill give you one example of what you posted up there. 

The one about blacks being only 12% of population most likely had to do with the gOP making efforts to reach out to that group for votes.  i listen to Rush and have heard stuff like that before in terms of winning elections, etc. 

I have no problem at all with that if he said that because its the damn truth. 
you're impossible.  thanks for the one example,... that you felt most comfy with ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 05:58:35 AM »
you're impossible.  thanks for the one example,... that you felt most comfy with ::)

Why am I impossible?  Because i agree with something that is the truth? 

Blacks are never going to vote for the GOP and vote in lockstep every election. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 06:16:56 AM »
The first quote was written in a book and has been denied by Limbaugh, and not confirmed.  From what I've seen, nobody has produced any audio of this.  The newspapers took the quote and ran with it.  They recently admitted they didn't confirm it to be true.

The second one has already been explained.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 06:18:20 AM »
Racist or not, the two words "magic" and "negro" together is quite funny.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 06:18:58 AM »
5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
________________________ _____________________

If i remember correctly - he was talking about all the tatooes on these guys. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 06:54:58 AM »

I got this email today:

Limbaugh has been a hater monger forever.

He isn't a thinker -- he sells hate.   His basic message is  "(Fill in the blank) is an evil person and is trying to destroy America."

He has a way of talking, full of self confidence  and bravado,  that appeals to people's desire to  feel superior and to  blame others.   He validates his listeners   "we vs them" mentality.

When he plays Obama's voice on his show - -he regularly changes it to sound like Mickey Mouse.   He does all kinds of things that make stupid people giddy.  And it makes them happy cause they get to feel that someone else is evil or stupid, but they are smart and good to figure it out, like Rush. 

Years ago, Limbaugh would admit he had no idea what he was talking about - he was just an "entertainer" like a stand up comedian. Today he believes his own BS.   And so do many others.   Plus, he has to outdo the others with more outlandish and hateful things -- if he was less self confident, less absolute about his claims, he would not get the audience.   It says a lot more about human nature that so many people buy into these types of guys, than it does about him individually.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 06:57:20 AM »
I got this email today:

Limbaugh has been a hater monger forever.

He isn't a thinker -- he sells hate.   His basic message is  "(Fill in the blank) is an evil person and is trying to destroy America."

He has a way of talking, full of self confidence  and bravado,  that appeals to people's desire to  feel superior and to  blame others.   He validates his listeners   "we vs them" mentality.

When he plays Obama's voice on his show - -he regularly changes it to sound like Mickey Mouse.   He does all kinds of things that make stupid people giddy.  And it makes them happy cause they get to feel that someone else is evil or stupid, but they are smart and good to figure it out, like Rush. 

Years ago, Limbaugh would admit he had no idea what he was talking about - he was just an "entertainer" like a stand up comedian. Today he believes his own BS.   And so do many others.   Plus, he has to outdo the others with more outlandish and hateful things -- if he was less self confident, less absolute about his claims, he would not get the audience.   It says a lot more about human nature that so many people buy into these types of guys, than it does about him individually.

And Bush was mocked mercilessly for 8 years.  What is the big deal? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 06:59:37 AM »
Show the proof for ANY of those comments.His show has transcripts EVERYDAY the fact is NONE of those things can be found,NONE of them can be proven.This is typical left wing bullshit.As far as the magic negro thing,Rush took what a BLACK MAN SAID ABOUT OBAMA and Rush turned it around and mocked it.The left hates it because they know their own former presidential candidate and spokesman for the democratic black  vote said it, and Rush caught him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 07:01:32 AM »
Show the proof for ANY of those comments.His show has transcripts EVERYDAY the fact is NONE of those things can be found,NONE of them can be proven.This is typical left wing bullshit.As far as the magic negro thing,Rush took what a BLACK MAN SAID ABOUT OBAMA and Rush turned it around and mocked it.The left hates it because they know their own former presidential candidate and spokesman for the democratic black  vote said it, and Rush caught him.

I have heard some of the most vile things said about Bush by other hosts.  Whats the big deal? 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 07:05:13 AM »
I have heard some of the most vile things said about Bush by other hosts.  Whats the big deal? 
Right. Bush got bashed for his BS, so it's ok to be racist.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 07:11:02 AM »
Right. Bush got bashed for his BS, so it's ok to be racist.
By the way, this was the BS I was referring to:

Iraq government: 85,000 Iraqis killed in 2004-08
G