Author Topic: Knee wraps  (Read 767 times)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Knee wraps
« on: October 14, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »
For bodybuilders, I never understood the point of these except impressing people with bigger weights.

All they do is to take away load from your quads and make you use alot of glutes.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Knee wraps
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
For bodybuilders, I never understood the point of these except impressing people with bigger weights.

All they do is to take away load from your quads and make you use alot of glutes.

When you have bad knees, you better wear them...

What i do for myself, i use ELBOW wraps/bands for my knees. A lot easier to wear and you feel more comfortable.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »

How do they take away from your quads and make you use more glute?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
How do they take away from your quads and make you use more glute?
function of your quads is to straighten out your leg. Obviously knee wraps helps keep the knee joint tight (harder to bend) thus taking load of your quad and using more glutes than you would witout them with a lighter weight...

io856

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:41:34 PM »
function of your quads is to straighten out your leg. Obviously knee wraps helps keep the knee joint tight (harder to bend) thus taking load of your quad and using more glutes than you would witout them with a lighter weight...
::)
ever dieted/water depleted before?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »
::)
ever dieted/water depleted before?
obviously you haven't. Waterdepleting is done like a day or so before competition, no time to be lifting heavy weights anyways 

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
if you want to grind your knee cap with the femur then go ahead and use them.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »

I dont agree! Hard kneewraps will give u about 50 pound extra weight or even more if u know how to wrap them correctly. They help you in the lowest part of the movement but after passing 90degre they dont help very much and your quads have to do the rest of the job. Witch mean heavier weight on the rest of the movement, the more your quads will work.

JIPP JIPP

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 03:18:32 PM »
I like burrito wraps.....