Author Topic: Nathan Jones  (Read 7903 times)

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
Nathan Jones
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:18:56 AM »

Nathan Darren Jones[2] (born August 21, 1970) is an Australian actor and professional wrestler. Jones is best known for his stint with World Wrestling Entertainment, where he performed on its SmackDown brand. During his wrestling career, he became a one time world champion after winning the WWA World Heavyweight Championship once during his stint in World Wrestling All-Stars.

Before his career as a wrestler, Jones was sentenced to 16 years in Boggo Road Gaol for eight armed robberies between 1985-1987, two of which occurred in Tasmania. During the robberies, he became one of Australia's most wanted and ended up serving seven years in a maximum-security prison and one year on work release. While in prison, he was introduced to the sport of powerlifting. Within a short space of time, he became the National Powerlifting Champion of Australia.

Jones also began competing in strongman contests and during this time, he was dubbed "The Megaman" for his imposing physique. As the reigning Australia's Strongest Man, he entered the World Strength Championship at Callander, Scotland from July 29-30, 1995. He took first place, topping a field that included 1993 World's Strongest Man Gary Taylor. The following weekend, he competed in the World Musclepower Championship held at Mintlaw, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. That contest was won by Magnús Ver Magnússon, with Nathan finishing fifth in a field of twelve competitors

spinnis

Re: Nathan Jones
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 05:20:18 AM »
Hes a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUGE dude, and Ive read some Real stories about him also.

Magnus broke his arm at wsm also  ;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:22:44 AM »
He also played a short-lived(pun intended) role in Troy, dying at the sword of Brad Pitt.
from incomplete data

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 05:22:56 AM »
Hes a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUGE dude, and Ive read some Real stories about him also.

Magnus broke his arm at wsm also  ;D

I remember watching that - I don't think he competed in WSM again after that.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:30:06 AM »
[/img]

spinnis

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 05:32:01 AM »

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:23 AM »

tiny dude is 5"9 and list 200 or something

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:36:44 AM »

and even though nathan is HUUGE

look at big show at 0:33 lol!

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:36:59 AM »
He also played a short-lived(pun intended) role in Troy, dying at the sword of Brad Pitt.

yes
That WAS him
I always wondered who that huge fucker was

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 05:41:59 AM »

tiny dude is 5"9 and list 200 or something

Wrestling is just straight up gay.
from incomplete data

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 05:43:22 AM »
Wrestling is just straight up gay.

only if you want it to be, so in your case Im guessing that's a "yes"

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 06:06:23 AM »
I didn't know abot all that prison stuff, pretty cool he's done so much crazy sh!t. I wonder how Magnus breaking his arm affected his training after that. He seemed pretty big in Troy. I remember the WSM when it happened. So funny seeing Magnerson who's like what 6'6 looking like a kid next to "megaman", awesome stuff. That wrist-twisting style is horrible to watch. Arm wrestles suck, they just mangle your ligaments and wiry guys always beat guys who can bench 500lb.

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
I didn't know abot all that prison stuff, pretty cool he's done so much crazy sh!t. I wonder how Magnus breaking his arm affected his training after that. He seemed pretty big in Troy. I remember the WSM when it happened. So funny seeing Magnerson who's like what 6'6 looking like a kid next to "megaman", awesome stuff. That wrist-twisting style is horrible to watch. Arm wrestles suck, they just mangle your ligaments and wiry guys always beat guys who can bench 500lb.

Magnus wasn't super big back then, now hes pretty much the same size as nathan  little over 150kg

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 06:10:48 AM »

Cue Bay saying every guy who signs up for the infantry is really a homo because he pokes a long, hard, phallus-shaped object into the body of another man to his great satisfaction.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 06:16:06 AM »
Cue Bay saying every guy who signs up for the infantry is really a homo because he pokes a long, hard, phallus-shaped object into the body of another man to his great satisfaction.

LOL
from incomplete data

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 08:42:40 AM »
He has one MMA fight, which he lost. He was totally owned by a japanese sumo wrestler and tapped to a kimura.

medici

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »
Nathan = Great Athlete trained with an IFBB Pro at the beginning when fresh out of jail.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
I remember watching that - I don't think he competed in WSM again after that.

I think he competed the next year and was doing well in his heat but acting very cocky. Then in the log lift he couldn't lock out his arm which had been broken the previous year and although he got around 9 "almost" reps the judge (Dougie Edmunds) only gave him 2 or something. This meant he lost the heat and didn't progress to the final. He had an angry fit and stormed off never to compete again.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 03:19:44 PM »
Magnus wasn't super big back then, now hes pretty much the same size as nathan  little over 150kg
uh he was 130 kilo last time i saw him on TV at his biggest probably around 140 kg

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 03:24:05 PM »

Yeah I know he bulked up a load after that, but the height difference is still striking even though Magnus is a tall bastard!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »

that ni66a was hella swole in that shit..

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
slurp  (/BayGBM)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 04:22:38 PM »
armed robberies? haha its kind of hard to be inconspicuous when your 6-11 350