Author Topic: GNC Amplified Mass XXX need some feedback`  (Read 14468 times)

Stacker21

• Getbig II
GNC Amplified Mass XXX need some feedback`
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »
has anyone tried this?  I went in yesterday and the guy told me I had to try it.  I went in to get either Serious mass or mass tech and he lead me this way.  Is it any good or worth the 60 bucks, or is it no better than most gainers

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
Re: GNC Amplified Mass XXX need some feedback`
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »
WOW. thats weird, i also went into GNC yesterday and was looking at that also. I actually picked up ONs' SERIOUS MASS. It was either between, the Amplified Mass, thier WEIGHT GAINER 2200 or the Serious mass. Dam shit is expensive there, 60-70$ for a thing of protein. I got the SERIOUS MASS though for a good price, it was like 38$ normal price, then it was on sale for 25$ then from there it was 1/2 off from that so i got it for like 19 something. Not bad at all. Im surprised GNCs are still open, everytime ive gone there, theres no one in there besides the guy/girl who works there, or there might be 1 other customer in there.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
make your own...

1-2 scoops protein
whole milk
peanut butter
banana
oats

blend

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:01:48 PM »
or like he said make your own......throw in some oats with a couple spoons of p-butter and wala....theres a weightgainer

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »
Read the nutritional profile and make a determination

Mix 4 level scoops (205g) with 16 ounces of cold water or milk. Consume 1-2 servings daily.

Serving Size   4 level scoop(s)    :o

Servings Per Container  13    :o

Amount Per Serving       % DV   

Calories      750.00    :o
Calories from Fat      50.00
Total Fat      6.00 g     9%     
Saturated Fat      4.00 g     24% 
Trans Fat      0.00 g         
Cholesterol      110.00 mg     37% 
Sodium      650.00 mg     27% 
Potassium      1320.00 mg     38% 
Total Carbohydrate      124.00 g     41% :o
Dietary Fiber      4.00 g     16% :(
Sugars      20.00 g    :o
Protein      50.00 g     100%
Calcium      500.00     50%
Iron      1.80     10% 
Vitamin A      0.00     0%
Vitamin C      0.00     0%

Tri-MG™ Infusion - Betaine (as Betaine Anhydrous) HMB (as Calcium HMB)      3.00 g     ** 
Creatine Matrix Blend      3.00 g    ::)  **    
Micronized Amino Acids (Glutamine (Micronized L-Glutamine) Arginine (Micronized L-Arginine) Leucine (Micronized L-Leucine)      500.00 mg      **    

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients:  Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Soy Protein Isolate), Cookie Bits, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Micronized Amino Acids (Glutamine (Micronized L-Glutamine), Arginine (Micronized L-Arginine), Leucine (Micronized L-Leucine), Tri-MG™ Infusion - Betaine (as Betaine Anhydrous), HMB (as Calcium HMB), Creatine Matrix Blend, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Salt, Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Maltodextrin Storage Instructions:  Significant product settling may occur. Warning:  Contains Milk and Soybeans
:

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
make your own...

1-2 scoops protein
whole milk
peanut butter
banana
oats

blend

Agreed, if your gonna be looking for a high calorie protein shake you'd be better off making your own.

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 08:36:05 PM »
WOW. thats weird, i also went into GNC yesterday and was looking at that also. I actually picked up ONs' SERIOUS MASS. It was either between, the Amplified Mass, thier WEIGHT GAINER 2200 or the Serious mass. Dam shit is expensive there, 60-70$ for a thing of protein. I got the SERIOUS MASS though for a good price, it was like 38$ normal price, then it was on sale for 25$ then from there it was 1/2 off from that so i got it for like 19 something. Not bad at all. Im surprised GNCs are still open, everytime ive gone there, theres no one in there besides the guy/girl who works there, or there might be 1 other customer in there.

Awesome, you are so right, its only me and the employee.

I had no issues with serious mass, good stuff, a few extra carbs but not a big deal

Stacker21

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
Thanks all for the feedback.  I may be bringin back the $60 bucket of BS

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 06:29:48 AM »
Quick FYI,

I used to run a Vitamin World, every month there were a few products we got an extra commission on..sound like the product that was referenced for $60  :o was one of the scams of the week/month

Word of Advice....don't ever buy anything at GNC without a Gold Card...do you realize the online stores are generally $10+ dollars less EVEN WITH s/h...wake up guys....

Tom Mutaffis

• Getbig II
  • Strongman
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
Most mass gainers are not going to be worthwhile because they utilize low quality carbohydrate and protein sources; the GNC product is included in this category.

If you are looking to put on size maltodextrin is fine but you also want to have some fiber and stay away from excess sugar. In terms of protein a shake high in isolates or a protein blend will be your best bet. Most "mass" shakes use lower quality whey concentrate.

What I typically do is choose a good quality protein powder and then add whole foods to boost calories. Two scoops of protein along with peanut butter, oats, bananas, fruit juice, heavy cream, etc. will give you a boost of quality calories that your body can utilize.

Recently I used heavy cream to make higher fat shakes for in-between meals and then apple juice and a banana with my protein for PWO nutrition; this has worked well for me.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 07:18:29 AM »
has anyone tried this?  I went in yesterday and the guy told me I had to try it.  I went in to get either Serious mass or mass tech and he lead me this way.  Is it any good or worth the 60 bucks, or is it no better than most gainers

I haven't tried the Amplified version. However, I have used the previous Mass XXX formula. It works quite well. In fact, the last time I used it, I got the then-available 13-lb. bucket for around $25.

GNC has reduced the retail price of regular Mass XXX, since unveiling their Amplified series, the amplification being added creatine, BCAAs and (in some products) arginine.

I definitely would either wait for the markdowns and/or get the plain Mass XXX, first.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 11:25:49 AM »
Quick FYI,

I used to run a Vitamin World, every month there were a few products we got an extra commission on..sound like the product that was referenced for $60  :o was one of the scams of the week/month

Word of Advice....don't ever buy anything at GNC without a Gold Card...do you realize the online stores are generally $10+ dollars less EVEN WITH s/h...wake up guys....
Ya...thats true too, i forgot too use my gold card, oh well, still got the serious mass for a good deal. Depending on the product, the gold card is a good deal.

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
I went through a jug of the GNC amplified mass gainer (bought at employee pricing) it was good stuff.  Tastes good, mixes good, and it did help me put on a few pounds while im in off season eatery.  I'm having Serious Mass as my next one, cuz I bought that online for only about 23 bucks.