Author Topic: You Want Her to Go Away, but She WON'T!!!!! LOL  (Read 6071 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
You Want Her to Go Away, but She WON'T!!!!! LOL
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
Why Palin Mania Won't Die
by Matt Latimer
thedailybeast.com

BS Top - Latimer Palin Al Grillo / AP Photo Even her own consultants tried to kill her off. Former Bush speechwriter Matt Latimer on why Sarah Palin is still the class of a weak 2012 field.

Run away, Tim Pawlenty, as fast as you can.

The latest news in Washington is that the conservative Minnesota governor (and potential 2012 presidential contender) has caught the eye of the city’s top Republican gurus. You remember them. The same guys who last year treated voters to the John McCain experience and whose keen advice left President Bush with a 22 percent approval rating as a parting gift for his eight years in office. If Governor Pawlenty truly has the presidential wisdom these consultants envision, he’ll prove it be showing how fast he can lose their cellphone numbers.

What about Gov. Pawlenty? He couldn’t match the buzz of the “Thrilla from Wasilla” if he swallowed every drug in the pharmacy and did the lambada with Tom DeLay.

But the life of these gurus is complicated—self-complicated, actually, because of their own roles in creating the Republican Party’s last Next Great Hope, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. And unfortunately for them, she refuses to exit, stage right. So with typical grace, the clumsy crew who first trumpeted Palin as the next vice president of the United States has turned on her—and how; these days, they all but threaten to revoke her membership in the Republican Party if she doesn't go away. Not long ago, McCain's campaign honcho, Steve Schmidt, a veteran of Bush-Rove world, publicly labeled a possible Palin presidential candidacy "catastrophic." The smooth-pated Schmidt looked like an angry pit boss asking security to remove a patron who was winning too many chips against the house.

Why won't this woman take a hint, the gurus grump? After all, does anyone truly think Sarah Palin can be the 2012 GOP nominee? To borrow a phrase from everyone's favorite Alaskan, you betcha!

Love her, hate her, or fear her, there is something undeniably mesmerizing about Palin's continuing appeal. She quits her job as governor—some might say erratically—and supporters applaud her courage. She writes a book no one has read, and it’s a bestseller before it hits a single Barnes & Noble.

I was a latecomer to understanding the Alaskan's allure. Fourteen months ago, I was working in the Bush White House when John McCain released Palin from political obscurity. So unknown was she that President Bush joked that he thought she was the governor of Guam. His own political savvy having often been underestimated—or is that misunderestimated?—Bush predicted that the governor and her family had not been prepared for the political Katrina that was about to hit them.

Despite the bruising she took from the Katie Courics and Tina Feys of the world, Palin’s appeal among rank-and-file GOPers never weakened. (To conservatives, scorn by the media is even considered "a badge of honor," if I may quote Dan Quayle.)

At the White House, staffers who never warmed to John McCain embraced Sarah Palin with surprising ferocity—high-fiving each other upon her selection. One senior official printed up bumper stickers reading, "Vote for the hockey mom."

It was easy to understand the disdain for McCain. He seemed to treat the GOP like a dim-witted nephew he was stuck with taking care of after his mother guilted him into it at a family barbecue. Palin, by contrast, was happy to be among us. People tend to forget that she was so popular that McCain aides plopped the Arizona senator next to her at every event. Tens of thousands of the faithful suddenly came to his rallies, finally outnumbering members of the media and Secret Service. Standing beside her with his weird half-grin, McCain looked like a 72-year-old male version of actress Sally Field, who famously blurted out with disbelief "you like me!" right after winning an Oscar. As the polls bounced in McCain's favor—even in key swing states—Republicans were absolutely convinced the election was ours, thanks to her.

We all know how the election ended, of course, but Palinmania...well, it didn't. Some supporters now concede bravely that her debut might have had a flaw or two, though just as many fault the media for harping on her missteps. Others have real questions about her qualifications, but they’re willing to give her a chance to answer them. Much to the chagrin of the self-appointed presidential selectors at the top of the party.

Palin isn't going away (at least not yet) because in her own way she represents what Barack Obama represented for many Democrats: someone who stands apart from the corrupt and cynical Washington system that has let true believers down. Republicans remember that Palin stood up against the crooked Republican establishment in Alaska—while out-of touch GOP senators in Washington actually applauded Alaska's crony-in-chief, Ted "Bridge to Nowhere" Stevens, after he was booted out of office amid scandal. (The charges against Stevens were eventually dropped.)

The rank-and-file are tired of the bland phonies running the GOP. They are tired of Republican compromises that bloated spending and expanded the federal government. And they feel helpless against a team of buddies running each campaign more cynically than the last. GOP voters just might be ready to burn their village down in order to save it. You can almost hear the line now. What's the difference between a hockey mom and Robespierre? Lipstick.

If the grand pooh-bahs of the GOP think they can find someone to push her aside, their pickings seem drearily slim. Version 2.0 of the governor affectionately known in some circles as “Mitt Rom-bot” is currently under construction. It will probably function just as lamely as the last. Poor Governor Romney. Every move the Mittster makes looks like it has first been diagrammed in a PowerPoint presentation. When commentators noted that even his hair looked too perfect, his aides mussed it up. It ended up looking perfectly disheveled. We've had enough inauthenticity for a while.

As for our would-be savior, Governor Pawlenty? We’ve seen him before. He's the kindly local pharmacist who always remembers to ask after your kids. But he couldn't match the buzz of the “Thrilla from Wasilla” if he swallowed every drug in the pharmacy and did the lambada with Tom DeLay.

Dick Cheney? Newt Gingrich? Maybe if voters are seeking a reunion of the Republican Party's Class of 1995.

So in the meantime, Tina Fey should keep her makeup ready and her writers primed. Sarah Palin will be with us for a while, the "first dude" proudly at her side. GOP graybeards many gnash their teeth. But they have no one to blame but themselves. After all, they were the on

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: You Want Her to Go Away, but She WON'T!!!!! LOL
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:32:29 PM »
Huntsman 2012, bytches.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
Palin has done a lot of damage to the conservative cause - the sooner she disappears the better for the right.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 03:35:05 AM »
The Republican Party is in self destruct mode.   They are bereft of ideas, they are intellectually bankrupt and they have no viable national leader.   

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 04:23:19 AM »
Palin's popularity is living proof of the stupidity of Americans.
G

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 04:24:09 AM »
The Republican Party is in self destruct mode.   They are bereft of ideas, they are intellectually bankrupt and they have no viable national leader.

Does it really matter if the republican party disappears? I mean, they'll take over the democratic party and infect it like they did the TRUE republican party.

Added to that is the fact that, other than a handfull of issues, both sides are pretty much the same.

The biggest difference is that when republicans hate something, they really fucking hate it, obsessively, to death. And viceversa with what they love.

Democrats are more laid back, more passive when it comes to reactions.

Aside from all of this, I think Rush Limbaugh and the Fox network have a lot to do with the demise of the republican party. Palin is like the the last puppet to get into the act in a very baaaad puppet show.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 05:12:34 AM »
Does it really matter if the republican party disappears? I mean, they'll take over the democratic party and infect it like they did the TRUE republican party.

Added to that is the fact that, other than a handfull of issues, both sides are pretty much the same.

The biggest difference is that when republicans hate something, they really fucking hate it, obsessively, to death. And viceversa with what they love.

Democrats are more laid back, more passive when it comes to reactions.

Aside from all of this, I think Rush Limbaugh and the Fox network have a lot to do with the demise of the republican party. Palin is like the the last puppet to get into the act in a very baaaad puppet show.

Choosing between the GIOP and the Dems is like choosing between poisoning and firing squad. 

One you will die slower and more painfully, the other will just kill you quickly. 

BTW- Straw - GMAFB! 

The democrats right now are just as bad if not worse than the GOP.

1.  middle class tax hikes on health care
2.  Global Warming taxes
3.  VAT taxes being discussed
4.  Amnesty for illegal aliens
5.  Trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see
6.  Bailouts on end.
7.  Nanny state

But lets blame Palin.  You guys crack me up. 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 05:24:53 AM »
we didn't blame Palin for any of those things - we were just pointing out that she was crap

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 05:39:32 AM »
we didn't blame Palin for any of those things - we were just pointing out that she was crap

Thats fine, but you simply cant assume she would be doing worse than *****.  She might do worse, she might do better.  No one knows.

What i do know is that what is going on now is just ridiculous.

Pelsoi is talking about a VAT tax for fucks' sake.  They are raising middle class taxes to fund health care.  The global warming tax is going to be $1800 a year as per the WH. 

Do you agree with these things?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 05:50:18 AM »
Choosing between the GIOP and the Dems is like choosing between poisoning and firing squad. 

One you will die slower and more painfully, the other will just kill you quickly. 

BTW- Straw - GMAFB! 

2.  Global Warming taxes
6.  Bailouts on end.
7.  Nanny state

Agree that some of the "solutions" the democrats are implementing are a bit too much. Upping taxes on an already overtaxed population is never the answer. I think that, instead of "being forced" to raise taxes, governments have to make sure that the regulatory institutions WORK EFFECTIVELY. By this I mean, for example, the FED has to make sure it takes drastic measures to ensure that the real estate market does not go apes. That the SEC really act on suspicions that Big Investor X, no matter who he/she is, is running a pyramid scheme. Et cetera.

Unless we take drastic measures, no matter how unpopular, we're bound to be paddling up shitcreek without a paddle.

Then again these people own the government, so who are we kidding? Furthermore, if the FED were to raise interest rates during an initial phase of a real estate boom... God, I can just hear every other TV channel blasting the "interfering with the market" bullshit story senselessly.

We have no solution.

We're a runaway train and we cannot stop... until someone stops us that is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 06:00:19 AM »
Agree that some of the "solutions" the democrats are implementing are a bit too much. Upping taxes on an already overtaxed population is never the answer. I think that, instead of "being forced" to raise taxes, governments have to make sure that the regulatory institutions WORK EFFECTIVELY. By this I mean, for example, the FED has to make sure it takes drastic measures to ensure that the real estate market does not go apes. That the SEC really act on suspicions that Big Investor X, no matter who he/she is, is running a pyramid scheme. Et cetera.

Unless we take drastic measures, no matter how unpopular, we're bound to be paddling up shitcreek without a paddle.

Then again these people own the government, so who are we kidding? Furthermore, if the FED were to raise interest rates during an initial phase of a real estate boom... God, I can just hear every other TV channel blasting the "interfering with the market" bullshit story senselessly.

We have no solution.

We're a runaway train and we cannot stop... until someone stops us that is.

You realize that under the Baucus bill you are liklely to get a tax increase since teachers get what they refer to as "cadillac" health care plans?

How about this?  /not one person has been fired at the SEC who was involved in the madoff situation. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 08:49:11 AM »

BTW- Straw - GMAFB! 

2.  Global Warming taxes
6.  Bailouts on end.
7.  Nanny state

what does GMAFB mean?

who is "blaming" Palin for anything in this thread.  If anything she's a symptom not a cause

where's the middle class tax hike on health care (any penalty being discussed is for guys like you who chose not to have health care because the rest of us will have to wind up paying for you if/when you get sick or injured).

Where's the amnesty for illegals.

The deficits are (in the greatest percentage) due to continuing the Bush tax cuts and other Bush policies (this has already been discussed and proven)

I haven't seen any amnesty yet

Without the bailouts we'd be looking at 25% unemployment right now

Nanny State = your paranoid delusion

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 08:55:04 AM »
what does GMAFB mean?

who is "blaming" Palin for anything in this thread.  If anything she's a symptom not a cause

where's the middle class tax hike on health care (any penalty being discussed is for guys like you who chose not to have health care because the rest of us will have to wind up paying for you if/when you get sick or injured).

Where's the amnesty for illegals.

The deficits are (in the greatest percentage) due to continuing the Bush tax cuts and other Bush policies (this has already been discussed and proven)

I haven't seen any amnesty yet

Without the bailouts we'd be looking at 25% unemployment right now

Nanny State = your paranoid delusion

Your a typical liberal mental patient with your head in the sand a post like that.  Instead of watching MSNBC why dont you read the ACTUAL DETAILS of this disgraceful mess. 

Anyone whose health insurance has a value of over 21,000 a year will get a tax hike of 40% of the value of said plan.  Look it up!

As far as the bailouts go, you cant make that statement.  What I can say is that Obama's stimulus mess under his own projections caused exactly the UE rate he said would occur WITHOUT IT! 

Amnesty is on the way and I have posted articles about it.  Again, you have your head in the sand as always.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »
Your a typical liberal mental patient with your head in the sand a post like that.  Instead of watching MSNBC why dont you read the ACTUAL DETAILS of this disgraceful mess. 

Anyone whose health insurance has a value of over 21,000 a year will get a tax hike of 40% of the value of said plan.  Look it up!

As far as the bailouts go, you cant make that statement.  What I can say is that Obama's stimulus mess under his own projections caused exactly the UE rate he said would occur WITHOUT IT! 

Amnesty is on the way and I have posted articles about it.  Again, you have your head in the sand as always.     

why don't you just post it here instead of telling me to look it up

if you're referring to the Baucus plan then I agree it's a complete pile of shit but we don't actually have a bill yet

you have zero proof of causality in UE vs the stimulus package

UE was on an upward trajectory when Obama took office and the stimulus (horribly flawed as it was with not enough money and too much bs tax cuts) has not even been distributed in large part yet

You need face reality, you're a hysterical, deluded person who has symbolised Obama as everything you HATE.   You come on this board and describe you neighbors as vile whores, metrosexuals, etc... You sound irrational and paranoid in almost everything you say.  You're a wack job who thinks the sky is falling and it sounds like you fully expect that Obama is going to turn our country into a new version of North Korea.    Do yourself a favor and take one of those guns you love so much and go out in the woods and put yourself out of misery.  If you're lucky you might just lobotomize yourself and you'll stop hearing all those voices in your head.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 09:22:45 AM »
why don't you just post it here instead of telling me to look it up

if you're referring to the Baucus plan then I agree it's a complete pile of shit but we don't actually have a bill yet

you have zero proof of causality in UE vs the stimulus package

UE was on an upward trajectory when Obama took office and the stimulus (horribly flawed as it was with not enough money and too much bs tax cuts) has not even been distributed in large part yet

You need face reality, you're a hysterical, deluded person who has symbolised Obama as everything you HATE.   You come on this board and describe you neighbors as vile whores, metrosexuals, etc... You sound irrational and paranoid in almost everything you say.  You're a wack job who thinks the sky is falling and it sounds like you fully expect that Obama is going to turn our country into a new version of North Korea.    Do yourself a favor and take one of those guns you love so much and go out in the woods and put yourself out of misery.  If you're lucky you might just lobotomize yourself and you'll stop hearing all those voices in your head.   

Green shoots baby! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 10:06:41 AM »
now all you have to do is prove that something Obama did caused the red line on the chart.

UE was on that trajetory already and that chart is just another bad projection which can be added to the pile of all bad projections by central banks, politicians and prognosticators.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
now all you have to do is prove that something Obama did caused the red line on the chart.

UE was on that trajetory already and that chart is just another bad projection which can be added to the pile of all bad projections by central banks, politicians and prognosticators.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »

who care's what Schiff thinks

If you care then summarize it for me and maybe I'll address it

btw - don't even bother unless you can show some proof of your (his) claim

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 10:48:49 AM »
Straw - the banks are not lending to small businesses or anyone because the money that the govt is printing is not going to the small banks who service small businesses or people like myself. 

Thus, small businesses can't finance expansions, payroll, etc and have to lay people off.  Many banks have cut credit lines, etc and small businesses, where a ton of these jobs have been, and are still being lost are accomodating these cuts in credit and lending with dropping payroll and overhead. 

The money printing by the Fed is going to finance the fraudulent stimlus bill and the other wall street bailouts etc.  Thus, so while GS and the govt employees make out, those of us in the private sector get screwed.

Does this make sense to you yet?   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »
Do yourself a favor and take one of those guns you love so much and go out in the woods and put yourself out of misery.

Good job Straw Man.  You just put yourself on the same level as Mons.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 11:02:43 AM »
Straw - the banks are not lending to small businesses or anyone because the money that the govt is printing is not going to the small banks who service small businesses or people like myself. 

Thus, small businesses can't finance expansions, payroll, etc and have to lay people off.  Many banks have cut credit lines, etc and small businesses, where a ton of these jobs have been, and are still being lost are accomodating these cuts in credit and lending with dropping payroll and overhead. 

The money printing by the Fed is going to finance the fraudulent stimlus bill and the other wall street bailouts etc.  Thus, so while GS and the govt employees make out, those of us in the private sector get screwed.

Does this make sense to you yet?   

I've said many times that TARP is a mess.  

There is no good answer

I think Bush and his bagman Paulsen are the biggest criminals on the planet

The problem is that we the people control this economy yet we're letting corporations run amok

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »

Skip, which one should I use?

The Bazooka?

The Tactical Nuke?

Maybe I can take my M1 Abrams and set up a timed explosin?

How about I get a pilot to fly my B2 Bomber and drop a bomb on me?

STRAW DO THOSE WORK FOR YOU?    

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

hey man, just trying to help.

333 seems so upset that it's only a matter of time before he snaps and shoots someone

at least I pointed out the possibility that he might just lobotomize himself instead

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
I've said many times that TARP is a mess.  

There is no good answer

I think Bush and his bagman Paulsen are the biggest criminals on the planet

The problem is that we the people control this economy yet we're letting corporations run amok

I have no problem meeting up with you and bring tons of handcuffs and making citizens arrests of all these bums, Bush, Paluson, Geithner included.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
Skip, which one should I use?

The Bazooka?

The Tactical Nuke?

Maybe I can take my M1 Abrams and set up a timed explosin?

How about I get a pilot to fly my B2 Bomber and drop a bomb on me?

STRAW DO THOSE WORK FOR YOU?    

what kind of guns to you keep in those 4 emergency packs or whatever they are.

I'm actually kind of curious.  What do you have in those bags (are they bags?) and where do you keep them again?