Author Topic: Why Does BayGBM's Threads Get Far More Views?  (Read 17832 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Why Does BayGBM's Threads Get Far More Views?
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2009, 06:29:43 PM »
probably most who view these threads are not getbig members.

Sure, a bunch(thousands) of people who never post here would randomly come to this board, go straight to the sex board and view the gay threads in there. Your logic is brilliant, man. No, seriously. I see a Nobel in your future. :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »
  Sure, a bunch(thousands) of people who never post here would randomly come to this board, go straight to the sex board and view the gay threads in there. Your logic is brilliant, man. No, seriously. I see a Nobel in your future. :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

He could receive a Nobel prize for what his knowledge could obtain just like Obama.
You Can't Do It!!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2009, 06:38:38 PM »
probably most who view these threads are not getbig members. Surprised this would skip your minds... but I guess its understandable considering the recent obsession with "the bodybuilder fan and homosexuality' topic. bay goes way overboard with this shit.

Why are you taking it so personally? You honestly think that admiring hyper-muscular men, in tiny trunks, who pose and dance for you (and a crowd of men) is a straight thing? I mean, nothing wrong with being gay, it's just funny to me how many "straight guys" are so into this type of thing.
HAHA, RON.....

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
Why are you taking it so personally? You honestly think that admiring hyper-muscular men, in tiny trunks, who pose and dance for you (and a crowd of men) is a straight thing? I mean, nothing wrong with being gay, it's just funny to me how many "straight guys" are so into this type of thing.

Outed  ;D
S

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »

Gord, your a good guy, but if you assume everyone on GB is a homo, what are you doing on here?
You Can't Do It!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »

You seriously think any of the posts of guys like ND or RoyalLion or Mr1derful or Suckmymuscle's posts are gay in any way in this thread?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=301918.0

Be honest.

I'll concede Hulkster's are ;D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »
I have two PMs from Mars

it brings great pride to my family and greater honour to my house, ilhamdulillah

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »
Gord, your a good guy, but if you assume everyone on GB is a homo, what are you doing on here?

I didn't say I think everyone here is gay. Not the case at all. I'm here, cause sadly, I'm addicted to this place and it's sick humor. I (unlike so many here it seems), actually work out. So I originally came came here to share/gain knowledge re: training, eating, et cetera. I had no idea, what a disgusting industry this was, till I came here. My eyes were open on Getbig....so to speak. At one point I actually followed men-in-thong pageants. Not anymore.

I've met some cool people here, some who I like to chat with. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I can't help but laugh at these people and this industry. You couldn't make up the shit that happens within it. Sadly, most people like to pretend nothing is going on. Again....I come here for the entertainment. Lots of us do...but we do not support this circus. We just laugh at its clowns.

"I wish I knew how to quit you, Getbig" - 240 or bust

HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »
I didn't know Rob Zombie was so popular in the Dubai, India....

HAHA, RON.....

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
I didn't say I think everyone here is gay. Not the case at all. I'm here, cause sadly, I'm addicted to this place and it's sick humor. I (unlike so many here it seems), actually work out. So I originally came came here to share/gain knowledge re: training, eating, et cetera. I had no idea, what a disgusting industry this was, till I came here. My eyes were open on Getbig....so to speak. At one point I actually followed men-in-thong pageants. Not anymore.

I've met some cool people here, some who I like to chat with. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I can't help but laugh at these people and this industry. You couldn't make up the shit that happens within it. Sadly, most people like to pretend nothing is going on. Again....I come here for the entertainment. Lots of us do...but we do not support this circus. We just laugh at its clowns.

Gord, Jesus never spoke words more true. With that said, I am one of the few who workout and compete on this board. Although, this board is addictive. I am one who still judges my peers on competitions, but don't release who I am.
You Can't Do It!!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »
  Interesting fact: I was browsing through the sex board, and I noticed that all the gay threads with gay pictures and videos posted by BayGBM get lots more attention than the threads with hetero content. It's either perverted curisosity or most of Getbiggers are a bunch of fags.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I just had a quick look at the board - I've been there maybe 6 times.

Bay's threads have more views because they have more content, which means more people (on average) replying and therefore, coming back to view the thread afterwards to check new replies. But otherwise, it's in proportion to straight threads of roughly the same size.

So you have Bay's thread below with a certain number of replies and you'll see that it's in proportion to WillGrant's thread (which is roughly a third of the size and has a third of the views) on the same (first) page.

Plus, there's not a single gay thread in the top 10 topics by views. LOL @ the SQUAD thread

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
LOL @ the SQUAD

No shit, whatever happened to those "guys" ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
Team Wrecking Crew

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »
I just had a quick look at the board - I've been there maybe 6 times.

Bay's threads have more views because they have more content, which means more people (on average) replying and therefore, coming back to view the thread afterwards to check new replies. But otherwise, it's in proportion to straight threads of roughly the same size.

So you have Bay's thread below with a certain number of replies and you'll see that it's in proportion to WillGrant's thread (which is roughly a third of the size and has a third of the views) on the same (first) page.

Plus, there's not a single gay thread in the top 10 topics by views. LOL @ the SQUAD thread

BTW, Outed for looking into why gay threads get more hits.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2009, 07:28:55 PM »

+1. I love this place. [no homo]

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »
BTW, Outed for looking into why gay threads get more hits.

Hahaha can't let anything get in the way when in the pursuit of truth

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2009, 08:00:47 PM »
Hahaha can't let anything get in the way when in the pursuit of truth

Who says, the douche is in the persuit of truth?
You Can't Do It!!!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »
Bay's threads have more views because they have more content

Yes, they have more content: gay content. That's what sets it apart from the other threads and why it has so many more views.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
calm down, I'm just proposing a possible explanation. I didn't mean to insult you, judging from your response it seems you took my comment all too personally. So see what you made me do: I checked out said gaygbm threads, and each one is 4+ years old. Compare the numbers to very recent heterosexual threads (1+) year old and you will see that the straight threads have more views.

Lets take a specific example: the "muscle chicks" thread (create march 29 2006) versus the "muscle drawings by matt" thread (created July 2005). The straight thread has MORE than 200,000 views whereas the gay thread has LESS than 50,000 views. 

Also, just recently someone pointed out a straight thread that has more than 1 MILLION views which was created in Sep of '06. And we're comparing just individual threads here, btw. add up the total straight thread views vs. the gay thread views and the gay threads are clearly demolished.

Also, you have to take into account people who click on it without knowing that it is a gay thread. So a click coutns as a thread view but it doesnt mean that they were necessarily checking out the thread in detail. Add this up over 5 years or so, and the 45,000 "views" make sense.

So the onus is on you to prove that those "thread views" equate to "90% gays on getbig"  ;)
follow the arrows

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »
gayer than this being an active thread.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
No, I'm not taking it personally. I just find it annoying how much the topic comes up, and how many superficial assumptions are made so quickly. BB'ers have been admired jsut as sports athletes have been in other real sports. So if enjoy any sport I think u will have to admit to a certain degree of homosexuality... or maybe you need to reconsider what it is that you call "gay".

having said that, ofcourse there is lots of corruption and homosexuality invovled behind the scenes in the 'sport'. But most people dont partake in it, although a growing number it seems is taking more interest in the recent years  :-X

I'll concede one point though: I dont get why the fuck peopel like kai greene pose the way they do. seems very very overtly homosexual to me.... but at the same time most guys on getbig have taken issue with it, and I certainly would not be caught dead watching it infront of another person (except if its another understanding getbigger, no homo)
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2009, 08:24:45 PM »
gayer than this being an active thread.
gayer than baygbm wishing most other people were gay.
follow the arrows

suckmymuscle

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2009, 10:05:28 PM »
I checked out said gaygbm threads, and each one is 4+ years old.

So what? The chronological time that thread has been going has no bearing negatively affecting the fact that they're the threads with the most replies, and the ones that keep receiving the most replies. I fail to see how this point you're bringing up has any relevance whatsoever.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
  So what? The chronological time that thread has been going has no bearing negatively affecting the fact that they're the threads with the most replies, and the ones that keep receiving the most replies. I fail to see how this point you're bringing up has any relevance whatsoever.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

i thought it was plenty clear waht i was trying to say: mroe views doesnt necessarily reflect a big gay fraction of getbiggers.

I see what you did there, nice deflection  :P its aight, i did realise that my first post didnt represent my true opinion, rather I only replied in that manner to object to the above notion.
follow the arrows

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

As of right now :  74 users, 568 guests.  They are looking at something  ;)