Author Topic: What a Fight  (Read 1146 times)

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
What a Fight
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:01:11 PM »
Lyoto Machida wants five fights, then Brock Lesnar

Saturday, October 17, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by Jake Rossen/Sherdog.com

Lyoto Machida makes me proud to be a fan and observer of this sport. He's respectful, appreciative and the ignition for the most talked-about platform shift in fighting sports since Royce Gracie began choking out people with his thighs.

Speaking with Sherdog.com's Marcelo Alonso, Machida explained that if he defends his belt five times, he wants an opportunity to face Brock Lesnar.

"My focus is on my class, but in the future I would like to do a couple of [heavyweight] fights, like Brock Lesnar," Machida said. "I respect Brock Lesnar as a fighter, but I know I can fight with him. Brock Lesnar is a big challenge for me because he's a big guy, very strong, very fast. For me, I like the challenge."

Painfully ambitious guy. Lesnar-Machida, if it ever happens, could represent the largest-scale style-versus-style match in the sport's history. There's probably no way Lesnar could tag Machida standing, but I would have a hard time imagining Machida could get out from underneath Lesnar. That's not a character flaw: He couldn't out-grapple a Kodiak bear, either, but I don't hold it against him.

Said before but maybe worth repeating: Machida is a new incarnation of Rickson Gracie, a near-mythical fighter whose value comes from a seemingly flawless execution of a house style. Thankfully for fans, Machida is actually interested in fighting.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: What a Fight
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:03 AM »
do you think the could be Lesnar? It would be interesting.

huh?

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:13:37 AM »
Lesnar would take hikm down and just smother him and add punches at that would be the end of it.
He doesn't stand a chance in hell to get up after being taken down

And machida fights at 205 so why are we even discussing this?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 03:19:08 AM »
Lesnar would take hikm down and just smother him and add punches at that would be the end of it.
He doesn't stand a chance in hell to get up after being taken down

And machida fights at 205 so why are we even discussing this?

No contest Lesnar would crush him

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 06:43:07 AM »
lesnar by tko and facesitting  :-X
A