Author Topic: Oh Shit, Nasty Capoeira knock out!  (Read 3813 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Oh Shit, Nasty Capoeira knock out!
« on: October 20, 2009, 02:31:27 AM »
I didn't think one could adapt capoeira in MMA as it's too open. But that kick!

jon cole

• Getbig IV
Re: Oh Shit, Nasty Capoeira knock out!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 02:43:37 AM »
my two cents...

1-who is the fighter against capoeira man ? a debutant, a pro etc...

2-it's all tricks with leg, capoeira man didn't seems to know how to had a guard or how to punch with fist, so my advice, stay concentrated, let him do all his tricks and knock out him like the bitch he is.
asstropin

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:51:11 AM »
my two cents...

1-who is the fighter against capoeira man ? a debutant, a pro etc...

2-it's all tricks with leg, capoeira man didn't seems to know how to had a guard or how to punch with fist, so my advice, stay concentrated, let him do all his tricks and knock out him like the bitch he is.

Don't know, but any capoeiriaista who is worht thier salt know that you don't go in the ring against a fighter that is NOT another capoeiraista and do the standard "tricks". There are far more kicks than the standard one's  he was doing. Capoeira has to be modified for the ring or you'll end up like that one who ate a fist after doing his "tricks" 

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 02:56:29 AM »
Well, its was more of a misstake from the other dude, you could tell he was gonna spin twice, hell, you even had time to duck when he started to spin again...

Cool anyway

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 03:01:28 AM »
Well, its was more of a misstake from the other dude, you could tell he was gonna spin twice, hell, you even had time to duck when he started to spin again...

Cool anyway

Yep, a mistake and a knockout. That second spin carries the momemtum of the first.

I thought it was odd, capoeira is not adapted for MMA.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 03:06:23 AM »
Yeah it just sort of took the other guy by surprise cos he didn't seem too alert. I'd love to see capoeira guy against an experienced UFC guy who doesn't wait for him to finish his spin but gets in there when he's mid-spin and kicks his ass!

Also I though capoeira was not contact?

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 03:09:41 AM »
Yeah it just sort of took the other guy by surprise cos he didn't seem too alert. I'd love to see capoeira guy against an experienced UFC guy who doesn't wait for him to finish his spin but gets in there when he's mid-spin and kicks his ass!

does it look like a fucking capoeira match to you?

capoeira it Not full contact no,  as in kicking in the face etc

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 03:12:11 AM »

No, there are tons of takedowns and trips, see them on youtube. Usually  the "players" don't do them, as not to hurt the other person. Just like I have been told that sometimes the kicks connect and the results are far worse than a knock out. They would also use straight blades between their toes. There used to assasins that specialized in that.

I think the reason why they don't focus on connecting is because they want to treated as a "game", more focus is on the dodging and "tricks" aspect, and if you get caught...well you are too slow.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 03:19:57 AM »
Okay yeah, I stand corrected. I wasn't digging at the style or anything, cos I think it's cool, just it would be cool also to see capoeira-guy against some of the top guys, to see how it fares against the more conventional MMA stuff.

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:13 AM »
Okay yeah, I stand corrected. I wasn't digging at the style or anything, cos I think it's cool, just it would be cool also to see capoeira-guy against some of the top guys, to see how it fares against the more conventional MMA stuff.

a good guy would take him down between the first kick and the other.. :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 03:27:09 AM »
Here some I found

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »
I remember back in 1987 or 88 I think Rorian Gracie wanted to get Gracie Jiu-Jitsu into Hollywood.  After I got them that article in Playboy they made a tape with Royce and my best friend Craig Kukuk.  Rorian went around to the studios to introduce GJJ and no one liked it.  It was "boring" everyone told him.  He got on as a  fight cooridinator on the movie Lethal Weapon.  Part of the deal was they had to say "He is a Lethal Weapon using that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu" (something along that line).  In the movie though you hear Glover say something like "that jiu-jitsu makes him a Lethal Weapon" (somthing like that).  Anyway, they were on there way to working on several films.  he met Chuck Norris and chuck loved it.  He went down to Brazil and met the old man and ended up taking it and bringing the whole family to his annual convention in Vegas for his fighting organization.  Rorian wanted to bring GJJ to the world and began the UFC.  He found an investor in my friend and he funded I think the first 3 UFC fights and then got out of it because of the potential legal problems in which anything went down they would come after him and his company.  So he left and a few years later Rorian sold the rights to the UFC for I think $600,000 to $800,000 to some guy who didn't do much with it until he sold it the current owners for I think around $2 million and...........  The rest is history.

There is a quick history lesson.  And by the way I like this Capoeira.  Isn't like some dance they turned into a fighting skill
No Worries 4 me

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »
I remember back in 1987 or 88 I think Rorian Gracie wanted to get Gracie Jiu-Jitsu into Hollywood.  After I got them that article in Playboy they made a tape with Royce and my best friend Craig Kukuk.  Rorian went around to the studios to introduce GJJ and no one liked it.  It was "boring" everyone told him.  He got on as a  fight cooridinator on the movie Lethal Weapon.  Part of the deal was they had to say "He is a Lethal Weapon using that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu" (something along that line).  In the movie though you hear Glover say something like "that jiu-jitsu makes him a Lethal Weapon" (somthing like that).  Anyway, they were on there way to working on several films.  he met Chuck Norris and chuck loved it.  He went down to Brazil and met the old man and ended up taking it and bringing the whole family to his annual convention in Vegas for his fighting organization.  Rorian wanted to bring GJJ to the world and began the UFC.  He found an investor in my friend and he funded I think the first 3 UFC fights and then got out of it because of the potential legal problems in which anything went down they would come after him and his company.  So he left and a few years later Rorian sold the rights to the UFC for I think $600,000 to $800,000 to some guy who didn't do much with it until he sold it the current owners for I think around $2 million and...........  The rest is history.

There is a quick history lesson.  And by the way I like this Capoeira.  Isn't like some dance they turned into a fighting skill

Great story--more like a fight disguised as dance--slaves gotta make sure Massa doesn't know what they are doing, or planning.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 03:41:41 AM »
seems like the trick to defend against this dance is to grab their leg and fist fuck their face to a Bolivian.
Deep Tissue Massage

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 04:45:33 AM »
Lol 186lbs soaking wet and the white guy was 6ft.2

Im 210lbs i could crush them..

::)  :P  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »
Lol 186lbs soaking wet and the white guy was 6ft.2

Im 210lbs i could crush them..

::)  :P  ;D

you would probably be At most 170 dieted down at 6"2 lol

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 04:49:24 AM »
seems like the trick to defend against this dance is to grab their leg and fist fuck their face to a Bolivian.

LOL....

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 10:05:30 AM »

dont you mean "oblivion"? LOL