Author Topic: When I was 16 I thought all pros were natural :)  (Read 9443 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: When I was 16 I thought all pros were natural :)
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
Smiling = serious business
No doubt about it...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2009, 05:50:14 AM »
retard

Post a pic of yourself smiling "correctly" so we can all learn from your wisdom

I actually attended one of El Mariachi's Smiling Seminars. The dude knows his stuff. ;)

io856

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2009, 05:52:15 AM »
haha imagine dealing with this asperger's/autistic fella in real life...

You make a smile in response to a good deed to find a response like this:
If you dont feel like, or unable to smile correctly dont bother. It looks silly and fake. Try to use more of your upper face muscles when hitting a smile, that way you wont come across as a sad joker on pictures. Its the more natural smiling approach that you need , use the muscles around your eyes. You re a good speaker, but phony as hell as i have judged it.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2009, 05:57:49 AM »
Smiling = serious business
I actually attended one of El Mariachi's Smiling Seminars. The dude knows his stuff. ;)

;D

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2009, 07:28:42 AM »
Are you kidding?

Befor it was M&F, it was Muscle Builder/ Power...and it had a regular drug column, and many of the guys talked fairly openly about steroid use...Muscle Training Illustrated, Muscle Digest....Dan Douchaine, Jerry Brainium wrote regular articles.

believe it or not...life exsisted before 1990, son :o

;D

Well then what happened?  Why did they stop?  During "my day" the only magazine that spoke openly about drug use was Greg Zulak's column in Musclemag...if other mags were so open about it back in the 80's why did they stop?
just not good enough

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2009, 08:09:16 AM »
;D

Well then what happened?  Why did they stop?  During "my day" the only magazine that spoke openly about drug use was Greg Zulak's column in Musclemag...if other mags were so open about it back in the 80's why did they stop?

Because back then steroid use was legal. As soon as it became illegal, they stopped. As well as the trend in the very late 90's was to be "all natural." Body-For-Life came out, MD went to the All Natural thing...everything changed. But then that started to go belly up, yet 'roids are still illegal so they choose to not run those topics.
As far as MMI, I'm not at all sure, but being out of Canada, they may have a loophole in regards to the steroid questions being printed/asked in the Zulak columns. As well, you'll notice Zulak would constantly preface his answers with warnings of how illegal the drugs are and all that...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2009, 08:39:40 AM »
As a teenager, I had heard about steroids, but, I never realized how much they did until I witnessed the transformation of a bodybuilder named Steve Adell. He was a 200lb guy, who went on the program, blew up to 240 ripped and finished 7th in the 1983 Heavyweight Nationals.

Check out this lineup:

NPC National Bodybuilding Championships Overall Winner Bob Paris

HeavyWeight 1 Bob Paris 2 Rory Leidelmeyer 3 Mike Christian 4 Jeffrey Williams 5 Matt Mendenhall 6 Rich Gaspari 7 Steven Adell 8 Neal Spruce 9 Jon Jordan 10 Jeff Smullen 11 Gregory Comeaux 12 Ron Love 13 Cal Lueneburg 14 Jeff Everson

The guy couldn't have chosen a worst year to compete...

That top 6 is like a whos-who of 80's bbing! And he beat Neal Spruce, Ron Love and Everson. Ron Love was a very good bber.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2009, 09:43:26 AM »
Because back then steroid use was legal. As soon as it became illegal, they stopped. As well as the trend in the very late 90's was to be "all natural." Body-For-Life came out, MD went to the All Natural thing...everything changed. But then that started to go belly up, yet 'roids are still illegal so they choose to not run those topics.
As far as MMI, I'm not at all sure, but being out of Canada, they may have a loophole in regards to the steroid questions being printed/asked in the Zulak columns. As well, you'll notice Zulak would constantly preface his answers with warnings of how illegal the drugs are and all that...

Chick and I are the same age. I used to read all the mags and don't remember much talk about steroids, and what little you did hear always downplayed their effects. Here's a direct quote from the Pumping Iron book:

"The bodybuilders who use them, do so because they believe they make them heavier and stronger. Whether or not they actually do is still in court. Of eleven controlled studies, six found that weight and strength are increased by the drugs, five found they are not. The researcher in charge of the most recent of these studies is Dr. Larry Golding of Kent State Univ. Golding probably knows as much about the relation of steroids to sport as any man in the country, and it is his belief and the findings of his study that steroids cannot make anyone bigger or stronger except by touching a psychological  mechanism known as the placebo effect."

If you think about it, why would there be truthful discussion about steroids in the bbing media? There was no money in it for the mags, whose advertisers were mainly companies that sold protein and weight gain powder.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »
If you dont feel like, or unable to smile correctly dont bother. It looks silly and fake. Try to use more of your upper face muscles when hitting a smile, that way you wont come across as a sad joker on pictures. Its the more natural smiling approach that you need , use the muscles around your eyes. You re a good speaker, but phony as hell as i have judged it.
:D
Getbig, post a photo, it's fake.  Post a video, probably still...a fake.  That fails, they'll die by 40.  Too small, swimmer.  Too big, all drugs.
hahaha, We've really got it all covered here.  Nice work guys.
N

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »
Awesome..and when I was 4 , I thought there really was a big fat man in a red suit who brought presents to all the good little children of the world in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer...

Stop being a dick to the guy and start act like a professional.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2009, 01:58:49 PM »
;D

Flex Magazine had articles on steriods in the mid 90's. They had ex pros like Mike Christian talking about their drug use and dosage. They had all types of articles on drugs that you could on at least 3 articles a month, if not more

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »
Chick and I are the same age. I used to read all the mags and don't remember much talk about steroids, and what little you did hear always downplayed their effects. Here's a direct quote from the Pumping Iron book:

"The bodybuilders who use them, do so because they believe they make them heavier and stronger. Whether or not they actually do is still in court. Of eleven controlled studies, six found that weight and strength are increased by the drugs, five found they are not. The researcher in charge of the most recent of these studies is Dr. Larry Golding of Kent State Univ. Golding probably knows as much about the relation of steroids to sport as any man in the country, and it is his belief and the findings of his study that steroids cannot make anyone bigger or stronger except by touching a psychological  mechanism known as the placebo effect."

If you think about it, why would there be truthful discussion about steroids in the bbing media? There was no money in it for the mags, whose advertisers were mainly companies that sold protein and weight gain powder.

Pete Gyrmkowski had a regular column, Bob Goldman?, Greg Zulak, Dan Duchaine, Jerry Brainum, etc...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2009, 04:34:28 PM »
Thats not Tony Robbins

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
Flex Magazine had articles on steriods in the mid 90's. They had ex pros like Mike Christian talking about their drug use and dosage. They had all types of articles on drugs that you could on at least 3 articles a month, if not more

Yes I remember that article, I just saw it going through some old mags a few days ago.  But in that article, as with every other article they printed, it was to show how bad and "evil" they are.  SO why would they show them in such a negative light, only to have a glorified photo shoot, praising a guy who makes his living off of excessive amounts of these drugs on the next page??

I also remember an article where they showed gyno, they had these pictures of this guy with horrible gyno and were showing that they were the expected side effects of steroid use, or the "DEA" article showing the laws, and the cover page to that article showed Shawn Ray in hand cuffs...lol remember that one?

They also had a two part article on a guy who never went pro, forgot his name.  But again, the point of the article was him showing how stupid he was for using and how he "almost died."
just not good enough

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »

LOL getbig has to nitpick everything about chick ;D

E

E

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
Stop being a dick to the guy and start act like a professional.
He was comically making apoint which I got yet you missed.
((-::

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2009, 10:39:18 PM »
He was comically making apoint which I got yet you missed.
stfu bob's gimmick
A

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2009, 12:53:38 AM »

It's only a bad smile if you want it to be.
P