Author Topic: own breed agression  (Read 1171 times)

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
own breed agression
« on: October 20, 2009, 12:30:01 PM »
hi ive owned my ridgeback for over a year now and i've run into a problem i never expected.

about 5 people on my estate all have ridgeback roughly the same age. all our dogs have played together for the last year and play great as they like to play rough.

the last few times ive been out my dog has snapped out very aggressively at other ridgebacks. they meet, sniff, both heads up the just attack out. this has never happened with any other breed and he daily plays with rotts, malumutes, ect he did this again earlier and 30 seconds after i put him next to other stranger dogs and he was 100% fine. infact hes daft as a brush with all other dogs.

Every owner on the estate has said the last 2-3 months their dogs have all got aggressive to other ridgebacks.  to get an idea of how close all these dog were 2 months ago.... we used to bring our dogs into each others garden and they play all day since they were pups.  they are not all from the same litter and all are 100% ok with other dogs. mine is even ok with cats even though i dont own one.

any ideas?

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: own breed agression
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
If there a female that isn't fixed that will cause aggression.