Author Topic: Republican this, Democrat that - it's the same system people!  (Read 574 times)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Republican this, Democrat that - it's the same system people!
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
I enjoy this political forum on Getbig. Everyone are making great points.

Allow me to make one observation. There seems to be an awakening among the population that there is a two-headed monster in Washington. A system that does not represent the people. The sole function of this two party system is to distract and confuse the public. It creates a fissure along which people can argue with each other instead of directing their attention to the real problem - Washington.

Let's face it: Washington is showbiz for ugly people. The republicans and democrats act like opponents in front of the cameras but behind the scenes have drinks together, socialize and fraternize. They will feign anger at each other to appease the public.

I don't think everyone gets this yet. When posters are trying to make an argument or provide evidence via video interview of politicians others claim party favoritism.

Typical example:

1. Why didn't you complain when so and so (republican) did this. You are just saying this because he is a so and so (democrat).
2. Why didn't you complain when so and so (democrat) did this. You are just saying this because he is a so and so (republican).

This kind of approach illustrates that whomever takes this stance does not yet fully grasp what is going on here. It is a diversion to keep you arguing with your neighbor.

There is no real difference. Please don't argue among party lines. Do the public a favor and recognize the real enemy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Republican this, Democrat that - it's the same system people!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »
politics sucks.  i can't even watch cable news anymore.  thank god for the nfl.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
good post.  i'll add it's not just party lines.  the biggest is this left vs. right.  you have guys like 333 denouncing both parties but doing an epic job of stoking the left vs. right fire which 90 percent of falls down on us from the same bogus partisans playing the people.  they do what they want while we bicker with eachother over bullshit they set up to distract us.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:36:27 PM »
politics sucks.  i can't even watch cable news anymore.  thank god for the nfl.
no kidding...  some really great games this year!!!

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »
no kidding...  some really great games this year!!!

I follow two teams, the colts and the falcons.  I live in atlanta, so I have to follow the birds, they had a great game on sunday.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 05:50:43 AM »
good post.  i'll add it's not just party lines.  the biggest is this left vs. right.  you have guys like 333 denouncing both parties but doing an epic job of stoking the left vs. right fire which 90 percent of falls down on us from the same bogus partisans playing the people.  they do what they want while we bicker with eachother over bullshit they set up to distract us.

Hugo - it just so happens that the Dems are in power and have all branches of govt and doing insane things right now. 

If the GOP was in full control and doing the same things, I assure you I would be signing the same tune.    Its about issues to me, not party. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 06:22:33 AM »
Let's face it: Washington is showbiz for ugly people. The republicans and democrats act like opponents in front of the cameras but behind the scenes have drinks together, socialize and fraternize. They will feign anger at each other to appease the public.

That's precisely one of the things that makes the US such a great place.  The fact that, for the most part, we can disagree and still get along without acting like animals.

Football is a fine example.  If you go to see Baltimore v Steelers.  You're going to see tons of Steeler jerseys in the stands even if they're playing Baltimore.  And vice versa if the game is held in Pittsburgh. 

Try going to England and cheering for Argentina or Germany during a soccer game.

I know it's in vogue here to claim being above partisan politics whilst the majority of "sheeples" lack such sophisticated insight into our 2 party system.  But in reality, come election day, you just have to vote for the candidates you think will do the best to represent your points of view.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 06:29:11 AM »
Good post quad.

Government is too big and too powerful and they manipulate the people.  I see a ton of manipulation with this administration, particularly with the control of the media and information release.  Washington is political, corrupt, and deceiving.  The risks of these negative values go up with career politicians.

The reason why 33386 and some others (me included at times) often side with the republicans and/or conservatives is because they are the ones that 'in theory' should be limiting the power & scope of the government, but they blew that between 2001-2008.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 06:31:07 AM »
Good post quad.

Government is too big and too powerful and they manipulate the people.  I see a ton of manipulation with this administration.
The reason why 33386 and some others often side with the republicans and/or conservatives is because they are the ones that 'in theory' should be limiting the power & scope of the government, but they blew that between 2001-2008.

One party wants to hang you, shoot you, castrate you, and feed you your own testicles.

The other poisons you a little more slowly, at maybe a marginally tolerable level.