Author Topic: Fine vodka in US  (Read 3001 times)

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
Fine vodka in US
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:12:56 AM »
I'm a big fan of good vodka...what are good quality brands available in US ?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Fine vodka in US
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:15:16 AM »
Cum flavored vodka.
P

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:33:52 AM »
Sorry, Bourbon all the way!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:42:56 AM »
smirnoff

:D

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 02:44:46 AM »
i heard you can get rock gut vodka and put it through a britta filter and it will be smooth

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:41:58 AM »
severedtestes why would you want to move to a country where every one mocks you ?

pugalist666

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 03:47:27 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 03:50:52 AM »
Do what the Russians do and just drink the cheap stuff. 'Quality' vodka is for poseurs.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 03:55:49 AM »
i heard you can get rock gut vodka and put it through a britta filter and it will be smooth

If you want Ron to unlock your account, you need to talk to him on MSN. That's how you can get him to do something. He doesn't respond to PMs or emails.

Is it a password problem or is the Windsor88 in TO?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 04:08:28 AM »
smirnoff

:D

SKOL Vodka blows smirnoff out of the water (shittiness wise).  And it's like 7 bucks for a gallon.
Deep Tissue Massage

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 05:07:20 AM »
Used to drink Popov.....pretty shitty stuff, but who cares?

body88

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 06:30:26 AM »

When I was a bartender in college, as a joke, I used to put Smirnoff in drinks when certain tools (who thought they were high rollers) asked for a Redbull and Grey Goose.  What a shock, not one person ever came to me and complained about the taste of the drink  ::)  I only charged them the cost of a regular Redbull and Vodka; they must have thought I was giving them a deal because they were such 'ballers", hahahaha.

Hypo

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 06:42:23 AM »
If you can get your hands on it, Original Polish Vodka is the best. Then 42 Below and all the other "top shelf" crap you can find. But if you're going to have it with a mixer, get any crap you can find.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
I heard russian vodka is top quality

so basically it's still grey goose crap ... I'm used to it ...same as Finlandia in Europe

expensive and average

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »

Belvedere is good stuff. Grey Goose original is also.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
Belvedere is good stuff. Grey Goose original is also.
thank u

forgot about Belvedere

How to Identify Quality Vodka

Pick vodkas with many distillations. Vodka, like all liquors, is a distilled liquid. That is why the alcohol content is so high. If you drink a bottle of wine, you are drinking a liquid that has simply fermented. If you were to then distill that liquid, separating the water from the alcohol through evaporation, then collecting the alcohol and bottling it, that is essentially the process used to make vodka. Instead of grapes, the vodka is made from either wheat, potatoes or rye. That being said, the more times a liquid is distilled, the purer it becomes. The whole attraction of vodka is its clean and crisp taste, devoid of impurities. Many high quality vodkas are distilled three or more times to obtain the highest level of purity possible. This results in a cleaner taste and less of a chance of a hangover the next morning.

Select a vodka made from a single ingredient. The cheaper vodkas are not only distilled a minimal amount of times, but they also contain many additives, leading to a "dirty" taste and an aroma similar to rubbing alcohol. If you buy a vodka made from a single ingredient, it is the same idea as buying a wine made from grapes from a single vineyard. The vodka will take on a distinct personality and will taste a specific way. Vodkas made from potatoes tend to have a softer texture and lush mouth feel. Vodkas made from wheat or rye tend to be bigger and fuller, with a heartier flavor and more intense mouth feel. Determine which you will purchase by what you look for in a flavor experience from your liquor.

Taste test your vodkas. The best way to determine which vodka you will like best is by doing a taste test. Chill several bottles of vodka in your freezer and pour a small amount in several glasses. Do not use ice or any mixers, as that will alter both the taste and smell of the vodka. Treat these liquors as you would a wine. The scent is as important as the taste, as smell is half of taste. When you sip the vodka, aerate it over your tongue by slurping it a little. This will allow the vodka to cover your entire palate, and you will experience all of the flavors it has to offer. Swallow, and note the finish. The only rule here is to pick which one you like the best. Ultimately, you are the final judge and consumer.

Sample flavored vodkas. Flavored, or infused, vodkas have been around for hundreds of years, but are just now becoming commonplace in many bars across America. The best way to taste these is, again, chilled with no mixers. The best flavored vodkas will usually be the simplest and most organically made. Many flavored vodkas can have very artificial tasting infusions and taste almost like soda pop. Purity is essential here, as it is in the unflavored vodkas. This time, however, judge them on how close to the real infusion each of these vodkas taste.

WingedLion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 08:51:40 AM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:09:38 AM »
I heard russian vodka is top quality

so basically it's still grey goose crap ... I'm used to it ...same as Finlandia in Europe

expensive and average

Stoli elite 8),my fav.
Ciroq
Effen black cherry

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »
I don't drink alcohol but I rep one called Kettle One.  I hear it s pretty good
No Worries 4 me

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 05:14:09 PM »
if you are mixing it, why go top shelf?
X

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »

There's some very cool looking vodka bottles out there.

One of those night time news shows (Dateline or 20/20  ???) did a blind taste testing experiment with vodka a few years back.   The cheapest stuff always got the highest points  :D

:

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 01:38:24 AM »
Hmm can't say i've experienced much of a taste variation in the Vodka i've sampled over the years..

that Ed Hardy bottle is pretty lame because it's Ed Hardy but otherwise it looks like a cool addition to a Liquor Cabinet :O

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 10:15:27 PM »
for flavored
hanger 1 is good

straight up
i still really like grey goose

for mix drinks and parties
burnetts, its cheap but it isn't that bad

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 10:24:48 PM »
smirnoff gets me shitfaced very quickly. It must be the way they distill it  ???