Author Topic: Why Shogun will beat Machida  (Read 4306 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: Why Shogun will beat Machida
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 08:45:27 AM »
...and what did Machida do? Nothing. Over 5 rounds...5 minutes...he connected with half a dozen kicks and did not land a single hard punch. He took a lot of damage and could hardly walk and Shogun was the agressor. Tell me how Machida won?  ::)

I'm not saying Machida won the fight. I'm saying Rua lost the fight.

Look, MMA is about the knockouts, and people pay to see other people get knocked the fuck out. If you go into a championship fight to "execute the gameplan"... you're fucked! Shogun got dealt the same cards every contender gets dealt when they have not DECISEVELY won the fight.

The post-fight public bitch-and-moan campaigns from all these contenders after they get their slice of humble pie is what's really irritating.

Many people paid very good money to see either of the two hit the canvas senseless and instead we got a leg fight between two school kids.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 12:11:22 AM »
I'm not saying Machida won the fight. I'm saying Rua lost the fight.

Look, MMA is about the knockouts, and people pay to see other people get knocked the fuck out. If you go into a championship fight to "execute the gameplan"... you're fucked! Shogun got dealt the same cards every contender gets dealt when they have not DECISEVELY won the fight.

The post-fight public bitch-and-moan campaigns from all these contenders after they get their slice of humble pie is what's really irritating.

Many people paid very good money to see either of the two hit the canvas senseless and instead we got a leg fight between two school kids.

...if you say Shogun lost the fight that means you thing Machida was the better fighter that night...meaning you don't know shit about fight sports..

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »
...if you say Shogun lost the fight that means you thing Machida was the better fighter that night...meaning you don't know shit about fight sports..

No, it means you can't read.