Author Topic: Wanda Sykes  (Read 1543 times)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Wanda Sykes
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
For the record, I think her stand-up act is funny, but isn't this at least the THIRD show she's been given?  The other two went nowhere.  It's like the networks are trying to force her on people, like they tried with Doug E. Doug back in the early 90's. 
~

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Wanda Sykes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
I like her but only in small doses.  I do not think she wears well over time in the way that she would need to wear as the star of a sitcom.  In addition, I think her humor works better as a smart-alecky supporting character--not the lead.  Funny, yes, but only in limited doses.  I would go see her at a local comedy club or for a live concert, but I would not watch her in a sitcom.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
She's annoying  :-X
S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 09:06:03 PM »
For the record, I think her stand-up act is funny, but isn't this at least the THIRD show she's been given?  The other two went nowhere.  It's like the networks are trying to force her on people, like they tried with Doug E. Doug back in the early 90's. 

He's back....

As far as Wanda, I like her in Old Christine, she was funny, like her standup, and she has a nice body. But, yes she can be annoying.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »
I knew I couldn't be alone in this. 
~

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 06:24:25 AM »
Wanda Sykes makes her late-night debut
November 8, 2009

Fox's new Saturday-night comedy show starring Wanda Sykes made its debut, and although it will be almost a week (yes, you read that right) until final numbers from Nielsen are available, there are some preliminary -- not really all that informative -- data to share...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2009/11/wanda-sykes-makes-late-night-debut-.html

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »
He's back....

As far as Wanda, I like her in Old Christine, she was funny, like her standup, and she has a nice body. But, yes she can be annoying.

Say what??? She does?

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:27 AM »
I'm sure her wife digs her 'nice body'. :)
Almost always, yes.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »