Author Topic: Charles Poliquin--What?  (Read 16174 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Charles Poliquin--What?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:20 PM »
I not going to bag on Milos, but if you take a looks at some of his outlandish so called "studies" you can see the correlation between Poliquin and himself. Milos somewhere said that Poliquin was his mentor.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »
I not going to bag on Milos, but if you take a looks at some of his outlandish so called "studies" you can see the correlation between Poliquin and himself. Milos somewhere said that Poliquin was his mentor.

Maybe you misunderstood and Milos said Poliquin was "mental"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 04:36:02 AM »
Bill Starr was a big believer in biorhythms controlling performance, I do put some stock in it the older I get- http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/03/biorhythms-bill-starr.html .

As for Poliquin, the older stuff is awesome, but now you've really got to pick and chose. Guys that has seen him train his real clients, mention that it is very basic, not like his newest stuff. I think he's at the point that he writes some of this stuff just to remain in the public eye. After all, there's only so mush you can write about getting bigger, faster, stronger, or leaner without repeating yourself. Probably gets a kick out of making  people believe this stuff also.

Here's a gem from him-

When you get bit by a brown recluse, you get necrotic fasciaitis, so people who get bit in the nose can lose their nose, people who get bit in the arm can lose their arm, etc, so by doing the super-high dose of Vitamin C—I was getting 180 grams twice a day–by IV, I was able to save my tissue.

However, interestingly, the guy told me that he had to monitor my blood sugar every 20 minutes. He said that such a high dose of Vitamin C has a considerable glycemic response, so I actually had to drink a gallon of grape juice while getting this Vitamin C treatment because my blood sugar levels were just falling,

However, after doing the Vitamin C, and despite ingesting so many carbs, I was actually leaner when I left the clinic!

Then I went on-line and found the research that intravenous Vitamin C changes insulin sensitivity, so I started experimenting on myself. I was at 6% body fat when I started to do 180 grams of Vitamin C twice a week for a month, and I got down to 2.8% body fat without changing anything else. I asked the doctors on my staff to start using the procedure on my athletes and we figured out that in 4 weeks, we could get body composition changes in 4 weeks that we normally get in 10 weeks.

Haha, 80% of readers were running for the toilet within 20 minutes!

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 04:46:14 AM »
HIT vs volume is just a stupid debate. People will differ depending upon muscle mass/time training/strength but the body only needs a certain amount of exercises to break down the muscle so it can the recover and overcompensate (within a said time). Any more just means it will take you longer to recover and most people will train the muscle again before that recovery happening.

Mentzer helped by making people do less than Arnolds insane training way (or at least the way Weider said he trained), but he got carried away with too little needed in the end.

Didn't Polquin say he trained a sprinter who made Tom Platz's legs look skinny? ok....

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 04:58:27 AM »

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:40 AM »
Poliquin is Mr O if you go by what he says, yet there is not 1 published picture of his amazing physique

BigRed

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 09:28:04 AM »
do a goolge search and you will find lots of images of Poliquin.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 09:55:21 AM »
I loved his earlier teachings. Especially his books "The Poliquin Principles" and "Modern Trends In Strength Training."
But when his information is having 45g of fish oil and vats of Vit C, I'll choose someone else to go to for information. But the aforementioned books are GOLD in my library.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 01:49:21 PM »
do a goolge search and you will find lots of images of Poliquin.

no shirtless posing pics

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 02:08:57 PM »
Tapeworm......it was a speedskater!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
Bill Starr was a big believer in biorhythms controlling performance, I do put some stock in it the older I get- http://ditillo2.blogspot.com/2009/03/biorhythms-bill-starr.html .

As for Poliquin, the older stuff is awesome, but now you've really got to pick and chose. Guys that has seen him train his real clients, mention that it is very basic, not like his newest stuff. I think he's at the point that he writes some of this stuff just to remain in the public eye. After all, there's only so mush you can write about getting bigger, faster, stronger, or leaner without repeating yourself. Probably gets a kick out of making  people believe this stuff also.

Here's a gem from him-

When you get bit by a brown recluse, you get necrotic fasciaitis, so people who get bit in the nose can lose their nose, people who get bit in the arm can lose their arm, etc, so by doing the super-high dose of Vitamin C—I was getting 180 grams twice a day–by IV, I was able to save my tissue.

However, interestingly, the guy told me that he had to monitor my blood sugar every 20 minutes. He said that such a high dose of Vitamin C has a considerable glycemic response, so I actually had to drink a gallon of grape juice while getting this Vitamin C treatment because my blood sugar levels were just falling,

However, after doing the Vitamin C, and despite ingesting so many carbs, I was actually leaner when I left the clinic!

Then I went on-line and found the research that intravenous Vitamin C changes insulin sensitivity, so I started experimenting on myself. I was at 6% body fat when I started to do 180 grams of Vitamin C twice a week for a month, and I got down to 2.8% body fat without changing anything else. I asked the doctors on my staff to start using the procedure on my athletes and we figured out that in 4 weeks, we could get body composition changes in 4 weeks that we normally get in 10 weeks.

what utter bullshit.

he should be shot for lying so blatantly.

i want to meet him so i can punch him in the nose  >:(

i think he's been reading onlyme's posts
175lbs by 31st July

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 02:10:20 PM »
Get you facts right, it was the sprinter who he made his legs look like Cutlers :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »
Tapeworm......it was a speedskater!

My chicken legs just needed fish oil and vitamin C all this time!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 04:40:15 PM »
45 grams= 3tbsp

45g/day x 9cal/g= 405ca/day x 7 days=2835cals/week on top of regular eating. that is a lot of calories.

2835 calories a week is alot of calories?

you must be a real monster, eh, 'big dub'?
b

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »
My chicken legs just needed fish oil and vitamin C all this time!

Better know your element type, or you'll never get diesel bro.

More Poliquin goodness-

"The elements are Fire, Wood, Earth, Metal, and the fifth element, despite what you might have learned in
the Bruce Willis movie of the same name, is not an orange-haired fashion model in Spandex; it is Water.
Amazingly, each of these ancient classifications predicts quite accurately how different strength athletes
respond to different types of training. It also predicts quite accurately their personalities and even their
weaknesses.

For years I have listened to people disparage this type of training or that type of training, saying that
whatever they were doing did not work for them. Some said that the Westside style is no good, or that
German Volume Training did not work for them. The simple truth is that they were likely doing the wrong
type of training for their type, or element!

For instance, Fire types are the most gifted as far as weight training. They tend to do a high volume of high
intensity work. I know, I know, a high volume of high intensity work would seem paradoxical to Mike
Mentzer and H.I.T. types, but it is possible for Fire types. They can train heavy all the time without crashing
—as long as you change the exercises. They have such a high concentration of high-twitch fibers that will
become winded playing Nintendo.

Conversely, Earth types can stay on a set program for a long time. You have to first stress them with
volume, and then stress them with intensity. Each phase is about 3 weeks. When they overtrain, their
immune system will suffer and they’ll come down with a cold. They are also the ones that have the most
trouble reducing carbohydrates in their diet, and it is much harder for them to get lean.

As far as the Fire, Wood and Earth types, none are necessarily disadvantaged when it comes to
bodybuilding or strength sports, but it is important for them to train for their type. Obviously, pure types are
not that common and most people fall somewhere in-between the five points of the continuum:
FIRE > WOOD > EARTH > METAL > WATER

You may have noticed that I have not paid much attention to the metal or water types. They are,
unfortunately, guys who generally will never make much progress. They have bad nervous systems, the
wrong muscle fibers, and poor endocrine systems. Usually, though, these guys end up being attracted to
non-weightlifting activities like yoga, or stamp collecting. "

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 05:55:58 PM »
Christian Thibodeau is one of the best trainer in the world !

super knowledgeable and super cool guy

He may be a cool guy in person but judging from his written material he's a bold faced liar and associates with the T-Nation scam outfit. Thib says he can't take drugs because of his heart. Swears he's on zero drugs, that he's a complete natural in every way. A goddamned lie. He's on PLENTY of gear.  :D

As far as Poliquin, it would be hard to top the amount of bullshit coming out of his mouth. He's most likely a very smart guy but the morals are lacking.  :D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 03:23:01 AM »
Better know your element type, or you'll never get diesel bro.

More Poliquin goodness-

"The elements are Fire, Wood, Earth, Metal, and the fifth element, despite what you might have learned in
the Bruce Willis movie of the same name, is not an orange-haired fashion model in Spandex; it is Water.
Amazingly, each of these ancient classifications predicts quite accurately how different strength athletes
respond to different types of training. It also predicts quite accurately their personalities and even their
weaknesses.

For years I have listened to people disparage this type of training or that type of training, saying that
whatever they were doing did not work for them. Some said that the Westside style is no good, or that
German Volume Training did not work for them. The simple truth is that they were likely doing the wrong
type of training for their type, or element!

For instance, Fire types are the most gifted as far as weight training. They tend to do a high volume of high
intensity work. I know, I know, a high volume of high intensity work would seem paradoxical to Mike
Mentzer and H.I.T. types, but it is possible for Fire types. They can train heavy all the time without crashing
—as long as you change the exercises. They have such a high concentration of high-twitch fibers that will
become winded playing Nintendo.

Conversely, Earth types can stay on a set program for a long time. You have to first stress them with
volume, and then stress them with intensity. Each phase is about 3 weeks. When they overtrain, their
immune system will suffer and they’ll come down with a cold. They are also the ones that have the most
trouble reducing carbohydrates in their diet, and it is much harder for them to get lean.

As far as the Fire, Wood and Earth types, none are necessarily disadvantaged when it comes to
bodybuilding or strength sports, but it is important for them to train for their type. Obviously, pure types are
not that common and most people fall somewhere in-between the five points of the continuum:FIRE > WOOD > EARTH > METAL > WATER

You may have noticed that I have not paid much attention to the metal or water types. They are,
unfortunately, guys who generally will never make much progress. They have bad nervous systems, the
wrong muscle fibers, and poor endocrine systems. Usually, though, these guys end up being attracted to
non-weightlifting activities like yoga, or stamp collecting. "

True.  I have a heart of wood, feet of clay, lead in my ass, the willpower of water, and great balls of fire.  :D

Bast175

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
Charles Poliquin is a jerkoff.

what a surprise, he sells fish oil  ;D

http://us.cpoliquin.com/Poliquin_Best_Sellers_s/13.htm

Bast175

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »
HIT vs volume is just a stupid debate. People will differ depending upon muscle mass/time training/strength but the body only needs a certain amount of exercises to break down the muscle so it can the recover and overcompensate (within a said time). Any more just means it will take you longer to recover and most people will train the muscle again before that recovery happening.

Mentzer helped by making people do less than Arnolds insane training way (or at least the way Weider said he trained), but he got carried away with too little needed in the end.

Didn't Polquin say he trained a sprinter who made Tom Platz's legs look skinny? ok....

HIT isn't just doing less volume, but doing much slower reps as well.  Ever do a set to failure with reps lasting 6-8 seconds?  It is Intense.