Author Topic: Mr Getbig IV  (Read 36366 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Mr Getbig IV
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »
240 is lock tight....the dude knows more shit than everyone here put together and he doesn't say a word.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »
Wow gotta give you props for the improvement. That's a lot of size added for a year though... did you pull it off naturally?

Your old pics are still hilarious  ;D

dude, you got pwned. Brutal backfire.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »
240 is lock tight....the dude knows more shit than everyone here put together and he doesn't say a word.
he can't do anything about lack of spondorship. Dude puts a lot of work into the mr getbig every year, can't expect him to do everthing. CQ and Mindspin bailed on us this year, so the pretty situation is pretty dim. But the yearning for muscle up men in thongs is quite strong on getbig, so you never know.
follow the arrows

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
he can't do anything about lack of spondorship. Dude puts a lot of work into the mr getbig every year, can't expect him to do everthing. CQ and Mindspin bailed on us this year, so the pretty situation is pretty dim. But the yearning for muscle up men in thongs is quite strong on getbig, so you never know.

Mr Getbig should go back to it's roots.

Between ALL of us i'm sure we can come up with some scratch for prizes, we needs a fucking sponsor.

The first Mr Getbig was the best and it was DIY.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »
The first year, if I recall correctly - I built the website AND found and coordinated the sponsors.  mindspin and CQ judging, i think.  It was years back, so I don't remember all of it... I had a baby due a week later so I was very very busy that week. 

A lot of ppl helped out, tossing in cash and small prizes.  A lot of fun, excitement, etc.  Dan and Bob even announced the results live on PBW.  I'm sure the guys in part 2 and 3 didn't mind checks ranging from 500 to $2000, however!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »
The first year, if I recall correctly - I built the website AND found and coordinated the sponsors.  mindspin and CQ judging, i think.  It was years back, so I don't remember all of it... I had a baby due a week later so I was very very busy that week. 

A lot of ppl helped out, tossing in cash and small prizes.  A lot of fun, excitement, etc.  Dan and Bob even announced the results live on PBW.  I'm sure the guys in part 2 and 3 didn't mind checks ranging from 500 to $2000, however!
Awesome, how did we fund it exactly? I think money is a motivating factor for sure, but i think groink maybe right that we should return back to our roots and run it like we did the first time. Money is good but it takes away from the spirit when d-bags like aquailles are motivated to join to earn a dishonest buck. A couple hundred bucks, some supplements and the praise of getbig should be satisfying enough for a true getbigger  8)
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »
PBW sent 200.  tommywishbone sent 100.  then somehting like 20 companies all sent a little something.  Winner would get 100 or 200 credit in their store, etc.  Rusty Jeffers sent a posing DVD to the winner.  Some of our very own getbiggers chipped in too, on prizes and cash!

I don't know what the final totals were, but it was great.  Ron was cool with it, so those companies got plenty of love here.   it only took a small donation from a few companies, and we had a really exciting show. 

That being said... nothing beats $5k in cold cash that Mindspin delivered!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2009, 07:29:27 PM »
dude, you got pwned. Brutal backfire.

I wouldn't necessarily say that.. I commented on his old pics and they are hilarious enough on their own. I do give him props for the improvement but there's no excuse for the state his legs were in a year ago. He should have brought them up a looong time ago.
from incomplete data

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2009, 07:32:58 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily say that.. I commented on his old pics and they are hilarious enough on their own. I do give him props for the improvement but there's no excuse for the state his legs were in a year ago. He should have brought them up a looong time ago.
don't worry about the bitter frenchy

ps- meltdown
follow the arrows

Stavios

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2009, 11:22:48 PM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 03:40:49 AM »
I'll throw in $50.

spinnis

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 03:43:03 AM »

I wanna hear the boy sing more but cant find it lol

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 03:58:14 AM »
Awesome, how did we fund it exactly? I think money is a motivating factor for sure, but i think groink maybe right that we should return back to our roots and run it like we did the first time. Money is good but it takes away from the spirit when d-bags like aquailles are motivated to join to earn a dishonest buck. A couple hundred bucks, some supplements and the praise of getbig should be satisfying enough for a true getbigger  8)

i would enter even if there was no money in it, just to improve my body and to have some fun!!..

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 04:08:20 AM »
I'll kick in 50 if I can have another guest appearance

Stavios

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
I wanna hear the boy sing more but cant find it lol

haha yeah he is one aryan little fucker

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
PBW sent 200.  tommywishbone sent 100.  then somehting like 20 companies all sent a little something.  Winner would get 100 or 200 credit in their store, etc.  Rusty Jeffers sent a posing DVD to the winner.  Some of our very own getbiggers chipped in too, on prizes and cash!

I don't know what the final totals were, but it was great.  Ron was cool with it, so those companies got plenty of love here.   it only took a small donation from a few companies, and we had a really exciting show. 

That being said... nothing beats $5k in cold cash that Mindspin delivered!

Yeah, and remember what happenned the following year??  Mindspin accused numerous companies of not giving out prizes so he could have his old friend Dr Connelly's new company Progenex in as the sole sponsor. 

I'm sorry but you can't bash the original organizers and sponsors of the show, kick them to the side for Mindspin's friends to take over and then come back to us when they bailed out on you.  Some may but others won't.  I certainly won't because I really got shitted on for no reason especially since I came through with my prizes and helped get the first Mr Getbig off the road.  Hate me all you want but I did come through for my fellow Getbiggers when it counted and that's more than you'll get from other detractors

I hope there is another Mr Getbig because it was great.  Connelly and Mindspin are multi-millionaires so there's no money issues with the same prize amount.  I don't see the issue as 240 would design the sight and we have plenty of people willing to be judges this year.  There would not be more work to be done.
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2009, 08:39:19 AM »

True indeed. those guys made some good coin, no denying that.....and props to you guys for coming up with the dough

I just think the spirit of it got lost when some pretty big dollars got involved. It was more a of bragging rights thing in the beginning.

In my opinion, we would have to figure out a way to weed out the ringers. i would propose that if you have stepped onstage, you are out. I know that would piss off some dudes, but I think it makes sense

It's supposed to be a grassroots thing for the regular posters here, not for seasoned competitive BBers (like Aquiles and Whateva) to come in and make a buck against guys who have never dieted down and competed before...and are really just winging it. That's bullshit IMO.

I propose we just do it, I don't think Ron would have a problem with us doing it on our own. I'll kick in some bucks

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:54 AM »
True indeed. those guys made some good coin, no denying that.....and props to you guys for coming up with the dough

I just think the spirit of it got lost when some pretty big dollars got involved. It was more a of bragging rights thing in the beginning.

In my opinion, we would have to figure out a way to weed out the ringers. i would propose that if you have stepped onstage, you are out. I know that would piss off some dudes, but I think it makes sense

It's supposed to be a grassroots thing for the regular posters here, not for seasoned competitive BBers (like Aquiles and Whateva) to come in and make a buck against guys who have never dieted down and competed before...and are really just winging it. That's bullshit IMO.

I propose we just do it, I don't think Ron would have a problem with us doing it on our own. I'll kick in some bucks

we can also make a masters gb contest for the +40 guys!!.. see how i care about you my friend ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »
we can also make a masters gb contest for the +40 guys!!.. see how i care about you my friend ;D

Actually it would have to then be a Mr. Tanktop Getbig (i.e. only shoulders and arms) and there would be no regulation on the resolution or quality of the pics  ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »
did CQ finally hook up with danielson?

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2009, 09:20:20 AM »
did CQ finally hook up with danielson?

they already moved to france to marry.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:17 AM »
Actually it would have to then be a Mr. Tanktop Getbig (i.e. only shoulders and arms) and there would be no regulation on the resolution or quality of the pics  ;D

ya it will be for those who take pic. only with their mob. phones in the mirror ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »
ya it will be for those who take pic. only with their mob. phones in the mirror ;D

And indefinitely claim that they will get their "GF" to take "better pics" ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2009, 10:36:34 AM »
And indefinitely claim that they will get their "GF" to take "better pics" ;D

"indefinitely"  ::) ::)

It's been two whole days....sorry but it's not the number one thing in my life to post pics for you two idiots.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2009, 10:38:09 AM »
"indefinitely"  ::) ::)

It's been two whole days....sorry but it's not the number one thing in my life to post pics for you two idiots.

why gronk, do you fear somthing??? ;D