Author Topic: Now I'm available for personal training...  (Read 22985 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Now I'm available for personal training...
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »
from Ron Love I learned how to train real hard while using preexhaustion to help balance all bodyparts ..how to stay symetric

how to train PROPERLY and stimulate growth at the highest possibl rate

how to diet for a show

how to eat during off season

how to recover better

how to use drugs to get the desired outcome

what you call building your body and what I call bodybuilding are 2 diff things my"friend"

and we can easily illustrate this by posting pics for comparison ( when I was clean at 180 lbs )

3 paragraph dodging the challenge in 3..........2..1

bro, you probably were never clean...classic...i love when these shitheads talk about being clean...admit the drug use and you won't be ridiculed...wtf does clean mean to you? rubbing an alcohol prep pad over the injection site?
footloose and fancy free

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2009, 09:27:07 AM »
The best personal trainers are one's who have built reputations for being able to get results.

They will also have waiting lists... (meaning they only work as much as they want to)

They know how to keep clients if they need to

They also know how to avoid (or get rid of) clients if necessary

If it took them ISSA, ACE, ACSM (whateva) certs and a CPR and an AED card to get to that point, so be it.

Personal training is nothing more than a job. It can suck just as much or more than any other job.

If you really want to make money, become a registered dietician and start working with the clinically/morbidly obese. Great money, paid by insurance companies.... but who can handle it?

Some of you fags would probably look forward to 300 lbs of chewed bubblegum everyday.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »
The best personal trainers are one's who have built reputations for being able to get results.

They will also have waiting lists... (meaning they only work as much as they want to)

They know how to keep clients if they need to

They also know how to avoid (or get rid of) clients if necessary

If it took them ISSA, ACE, ACSM (whateva) certs and a CPR and an AED card to get to that point, so be it.

Personal training is nothing more than a job. It can suck just as much or more than any other job.

If you really want to make money, become a registered dietician and start working with the clinically/morbidly obese. Great money, paid by insurance companies.... but who can handle it?

Some of you fags would probably look forward to 300 lbs of chewed bubblegum everyday.

to add to this, i'm gonna write the following CAPS because it is that important

PT IS ALL ABOUT SELLING AND PROSPECTING.  

EDIT: and to add to dyslexic's point-it can suck as much as any other job.  However, at my current location, the place is very loose and the head personal trainer is the man so when you're not training clients, you're basically busting balls and telling filthy jokes

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »
to add to this, i'm gonna write the following CAPS because it is that important

PT IS ALL ABOUT SELLING AND PROSPECTING. 

Agreed....At 19 I was making more money than fellow PT's that have been at it for more than 20 years and it was pissing them off.  Really the only thing that I was doing different than them was I would go out socializing/prospecting to clubs and events to where I knew I would pick up clients.
Watching The Haters

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
Wingedgypsy = Sevastase.

Why has sev a new account?

Stavios

« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
this thread will become a classic

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »
Agreed....At 19 I was making more money than fellow PT's that have been at it for more than 20 years and it was pissing them off.  Really the only thing that I was doing different than them was I would go out socializing/prospecting to clubs and events to where I knew I would pick up clients.

exactly

and you probably prospected EVERYONE not just the "hot girls"

that is something many male trainers (straight or gay) have to get over
they have to prospect people who will PAY not the people they want to fuck

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2009, 09:40:51 AM »
Why has sev a new account?
Laying low....knocked up some of those chicks in his pics ::)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
Maybe, but the vast majority of people looking for personal trainers are not hot ass rich chicks.  In all, I don't have time or even care what someone else is doing.  I do my thing and pay the bills.  ....

When I did personal training in the late 80s, my entire clientele was comprised of women with too much time and money.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
When I did personal training in the late 80s, my entire clientele was comprised of women with too much time and money.

and too much weight, that's the classic pt client.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »
I was certified by the Amercian Muscle & Fitness Institute in 2002, have PT insurance, & maintain my current first aid and cpr certification.  I'm also an ISSA member and I'm about to complete my diploma in Fitness & Exercise from Ashworth University which is recognized by the Department of Education.

Most importantly, I've been training for years so I know what potential customer look for and I have a well established clientele.  I make my living off of personal training so I'm certainly doing something right.  I don't have a B.S in Health because I went to college to for Engineering and I switched careers not too long ago.  But I'm also working on that as well.

Steve needs to realize that being an IFBB pro doesn't mean he's going to be a great personal trainer.  He needs to check his attitude at the door and listen to folks who are in the business

Who the fuck would want to be "trained" by your whimpy gay ass?

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »
exactly

and you probably prospected EVERYONE not just the "hot girls"

Absolutely.  With that said, most of my clients consisted of bored, wealthy house wives that had to much time on their hands and liked spending their husband's money. Although, I have trained a few guys for the combine and triple A ball.  Those are the one's I am most proud of.
Watching The Haters

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2009, 10:08:10 AM »
Welcome to the Getbig's PT Chat!

:D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2009, 10:10:01 AM »

Yes, but the ideal client is someone who will pay AND you can fuck.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2009, 10:12:23 AM »

And usually that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  I watched a great PT go down and have everything taken from him for hitting on one of his clients.
Watching The Haters

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2009, 10:14:02 AM »

it does happen too

I used to think it was Hollywood bullshit.  You are literally a whore cuz the ones you sleep with will still continue to be your clients and not look to take it to "the next step"

And usually that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.  I watched a great PT go down and have everything taken from him for hitting on one of his clients.

and THAT happens as well

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »

I'm sure that's how it is, now. When I was a trainer, twenty years ago, it was the wild wild west. No one had a certification or insurance. If you had a good physique and a personality, you could make money. EVERYONE was banging their clients.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2009, 10:19:50 AM »
I'm sure that's how it is, now. When I was a trainer, twenty years ago, it was the wild wild west. No one had a certification or insurance. If you had a good physique and a personality, you could make money. EVERYONE was banging their clients.

---------> Would love to go back 20 years than :-[
Watching The Haters

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »

Not anymore, now its a professional career that requires proper training and study.  Being in shape isn't good enough anymore
A

affy

« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »

Being in shape isn't good enough anymore

or in your case..a requirement

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2009, 06:45:41 PM »
Steve, hopefully being in the US will give you more exposure and maybe you won't get robbed as much. I'm no expert but I thought you had Dave Henry beat. You seem to have ideal proportions with no glaring weak spots.
Thank you!

I hope that I'll able to compete next year again...of course at first I need to start everything again from the beginning here in the States.

And if I'll compete next year I'll try again a few shows in July-August.

I hope that I'll be even better one week out (on the pics) and I won't be ill or won't have any last minute problems.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »

io856

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »
you can only train a muscle so many ways... you can only get so shredded... at the end of the day its the way it all looks... the way it all looks was determined the moment you were born... and thats what the judges see and judge accordingly...

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
It depends. But here in the Tampa Bay area usually the rates around from $50 to $100 and so per hour... I have seen many guys do personal training here for more than $100 per hour and they have nothing to do with bodybuilding at all.  ::)
all you know is how to shoot steroids , how to lift free weights and use machines with some "nutritional advices" thrown here and there...

please.