Author Topic: Now I'm available for personal training...  (Read 22790 times)

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
Re: Now I'm available for personal training...
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2010, 08:48:43 AM »
i know this is besides the point but i can't even imagine how hot the girls are in that gym
You know I'm from Hungary(=incredible girls), so I didn't see anything special yet... And I already met with Zivile on Monday...still nothing special...

But anyway I have a beautiful wife so who cares?  ;D

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:43 AM »
great great gym.  Heck of an air conditioning bill in summer!
not only that but what it would cost monthly to run a gym that big. I would have to be a multi billionaire to want to have a gym that big.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2010, 11:17:17 AM »
Pair and triple clients when ever possible.

Isn't that a little unfair coach?  

What happened to the invidualized training that truly allows for the client to feel as if their goals are truly your main focus?  

I know a personal trainer who trains various IFBB pros and this guy charges $120 per hour to everyone and has the bad habit of training 4-5 people per session.  I used to see him at the gym sending his 4-5 clients around to do various exercises and meeting back with him by the water fountain once they had completed their individual sets. After a few weeks, I saw many of his clients leave him for someone that would offer truly individualized training. The type of training where the trainer is side-by-side with you, motivating you to go on with each and every rep, while pinpointing errors in form and motion.

"1"

Jt

• Getbig I
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
Hey Steve how many clients do you have right now? That gym looks sick btw.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »

What happened to the invidualized training that truly allows for the client to feel as if their goals are truly your main focus?  

I know a personal trainer who trains various IFBB pros and this guy charges $120 per hour to everyone and has the bad habit of training 4-5 people per session.  I used to see him at the gym sending his 4-5 clients around to do various exercises and meeting back with him by the water fountain once they had completed their individual sets. After a few weeks, I saw many of his clients leave him for someone that would offer truly individualized training. The type of training where the trainer is side-by-side with you, motivating you to go on with each and every rep, while pinpointing errors in form and motion.

"1"

Personal training is a hustle, a way to make money. Coach is just maximizing his income potential. The moral aspect isn't an issue.

PocketMuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2010, 06:28:20 PM »
Personal training is a hustle, a way to make money. Coach is just maximizing his income potential. The moral aspect isn't an issue.

True, it is a "hustle". I had one personal trainer who I hired for one-on-one training but when it came time for the session, he introduced two other people he was training - didn't ask if it was okay - was just very matter-of-fact about it. That was the last time I hired him.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: January 06, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »

The moral aspect is a huge issue.  If someone is paying you over $100 per session and you divide their time between 4-5 clients, you better bet your ass he/she will find themself another trainer.

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »

"1"

Not at all, in fact it's just the opposite. We have a specific training system, we don't randomly train people on the fly so to speak with the expectation that it will work, we train people that we know will work. Training in groups of 2-3 not only gives them better training because they are constantly moving but training with others helps motivate one another in a team like setting....they push one another and when you push the results are that much more. If I have a group of 3 and another trainer has a group of two or three, the team setting creates a pretty intense atmosphere. Follow me.

Seriously, you guys need to think out side the box a little. I can probably produce a better athlete or even just regular person in a "team" setting than someone who just trains one-on-one. I'm not a cheerleader.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
True, it is a "hustle". I had one personal trainer who I hired for one-on-one training but when it came time for the session, he introduced two other people he was training - didn't ask if it was okay - was just very matter-of-fact about it. That was the last time I hired him.

Then he didn't have a clue on how to train people in small groups.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #284 on: January 07, 2010, 03:07:49 AM »
small groups make it fun...sharing the pain. laughing together.  social...establishing support, maintaining a certain esprit de corps, keeps clients motivating each other and stablizes the $ stream.  forget the one-on-one...it 's not working for Oprah

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2010, 05:21:30 AM »

No, the trainer was ripping him off, hoping he would just acquiesce. He paid for a one-on-one training session, not a "small group" session.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2010, 05:52:37 AM »

"1"

oh
you mean acting as a psychologist

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2010, 05:53:36 AM »
The moral aspect is a huge issue.  If someone is paying you over $100 per session and you divide their time between 4-5 clients, you better bet your ass he/she will find themself another trainer.

"1"

If you believe any PRO bber or any bber is paying $100+ to anyone for training you have lost touch with reality.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2010, 05:54:03 AM »
Not at all, in fact it's just the opposite. We have a specific training system, we don't randomly train people on the fly so to speak with the expectation that it will work, we train people that we know will work. Training in groups of 2-3 not only gives them better training because they are constantly moving but training with others helps motivate one another in a team like setting....they push one another and when you push the results are that much more. If I have a group of 3 and another trainer has a group of two or three, the team setting creates a pretty intense atmosphere. Follow me.

Seriously, you guys need to think out side the box a little. I can probably produce a better athlete or even just regular person in a "team" setting than someone who just trains one-on-one. I'm not a cheerleader.

exactly

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #289 on: January 07, 2010, 05:55:21 AM »
No, the trainer was ripping him off, hoping he would just acquiesce. He paid for a one-on-one training session, not a "small group" session.

"You" pay for EFFECTIVE results, 2, 3 or 5 in a group shouldn;t make a diff.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »
"You" pay for EFFECTIVE results, 2, 3 or 5 in a group shouldn;t make a diff.

As long as the clients know what they're getting into. If the trainer advertises "small group" sessions, then it's not a problem, but, if a client thinks he's getting a one-on-one session and the trainer says, "Oh, by the way, Joey and Dennis will also be training with us, today," the trainer is a con-man and a thief.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #291 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:32 AM »
As long as the clients know what they're getting into. If the trainer advertises "small group" sessions, then it's not a problem, but, if a client thinks he's getting a one-on-one session and the trainer says, "Oh, by the way, Joey and Dennis will also be training with us, today," the trainer is a con-man and a thief.

We put it in our agreements "Semi-private" If they want "private" they have to pay a premium. But if you're just talking in a dollar amount we make a lot more.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »

stairs just go up and down for no reason wtf ???
tank u jesus

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »
that gym got great equipment, but it doesnt look that big, the infrastructure looks like shit, green floor? :-\ why are the walls not painted? whats with the stairs? :-\ i dont like the vibe at all, but great equipment.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #294 on: January 07, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
Who care how big the gym is or what it looks like as long as its well equipped with neccessities.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #295 on: January 07, 2010, 02:26:39 PM »
Who care how big the gym is or what it looks like as long as its well equipped with neccessities.
All you need Coach is all you need.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #296 on: January 07, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »

I think it's actually an exercise equipment. Walking up real stairs and doing the stair master are worlds apart.

These gyms make my gym look like 3rd world crap. Still better than the gym I put together myself and hammered away at for 5 years as a teenager.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: January 07, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »
Did you ever hear about cardio training?  ??? :D

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #298 on: January 07, 2010, 08:35:33 PM »
that gym got great equipment, but it doesnt look that big, the infrastructure looks like shit, green floor? :-\ why are the walls not painted? whats with the stairs? :-\ i dont like the vibe at all, but great equipment.
There's still have some work with the gym, just opened in mid June...but still looks pretty cool I think. The "green floor" is like fake grass because many other athletes like NFL players are doing their workouts in the gym.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2010, 09:24:01 PM »
Namat , say you have money to afford all the drugs you want , all the food you want  , you are healthy  and have all the time in the world to train , how far do you think you can go in the ''sport'' ?