Author Topic: Thomas Sowell: "Obama is the most left wing president we have ever had."  (Read 1367 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
What about Roosevelt and the New Deal?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What about Roosevelt and the New Deal?

He addresses that. 

Look at the this oldie but goody. 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
I have to agree that naive wishy-washy attitude towards Iran is a mistake. But I don't think rushing in there and creating another Iraq is the answer either. I think waiting them out perhaps is the best way - I think do everything in your power to sabotage the economy, let them crumble from within.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
He addresses that. 

Look at the this oldie but goody. 

I disagree with what he basicallly said about the schools. Basically give more money to the higher performing schools, which generally are the richer ones anyway, and less to the lower performing schools, which are generally the poorer, so to him, its kinda coded that seperate but unequal is good.

I do agree with many of his points..to me welfare is to keep people from going lower than what they already are--the premise of it. But, when I am making payments on my car, I should not see a person with Food Stamps in front of me in the store, drive off in a 2009 Jag.

My parents grew up not knowing what "Welfare" was. They believed that every able body should have a job, or at least go out looking. And don't have kids unless you can take care of them.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
more black on black crime  ;D

thomas sowell must be a racist
RIP Bob Probert

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Obama is certainly more left wing than portrayed during the election...but it was apparent if you looked into his past and his rise to politics.

I'm not sure if it's so much that Obama is far left as it is the people around him are far left and he allows them to have center stage, probably both.  Obama may be a much better president with a more conservative congress.  His talent was supposed to be bringing people together and the ability to compromise.  With the dominant democrat #s and high # of very liberal democratic leaders right now...there is no need for compromise because the republicans and conservatives don't have the #s to challenge them, same with the blue dogs.  This could certainly change in 2010.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sowell is brilliant.He writes as well as anyone in the country.His articles and books are incredible.He is the anti-Obama.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sowell is brilliant.He writes as well as anyone in the country.His articles and books are incredible.He is the anti-Obama.

What I like about Sowell is that he gets write to the damn point of the matter.  He owned that liberal white
C%^& in that debate.